Who will reach super six?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will reach super six?

Pakistan and SA have made a place already.

England won the game today. The margin is pretty good. So net run rate of England improves and Zimbabwe goes down.

Now IF a) Lanka wins India, Lanka will go in super alongwith England cuz it will have three wins.
    b) Lanka loses to India but England wins India, there will be a tie on points between Ind. Zim and Lanka (Run Rate India> Zim > Lanka). So India or Zim make it. But I do not know exactly how they deal 3 way tie. For two way tie they check who has won one-to-one game. But her Lanka has won Zim and Zim. winning Ind which has won Lank in this possibility. So probably run rate wil count.
    c) India wins both games with Lanka and England, India gets in super stage cuz they will have three wins.

P.S. This is assuming that Lanka does not lose to Kenya and SA does not lose to Zimbabwe. If SA loses to Zim. u have a theoretical possibility of Eng. not making to super six which is SA loses Zim, India wins next two games and three way tie between Zim, Eng and Ind. Or SA losing to Zim and Lanka winning next two games for a tie betn Lanka, Eng. and Zim. But SA losing to Zim is very unlikely. So Eng. is in.

Now group B

We have to wait one or two games more to see if Aus. will be out of super six.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited May 25, 1999).]

ZZ Mian:

Explain NRR (Net Run rate) to me yaar!!

Thankx

Comment

gey all i know is that aftr dat wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow greatest of all win against australia pakis wil defiantely make it and dats al i care 4

yeah
      PAKIZ 2 DA BONE

Comment

Well I think IF India win their next match against Sri Lanka, which I think they might..
        MIGHT. India will be 2nd, since of the Net Run Rate ahead of Zimbabwe. Leaving Sri
        Lanka to try again to achieve the 3rd spot. But since Zimbabwe will play RSA, they'll get
        waisted, that'll shut the door on the others below. So My predictions are as
        follows..

GROUP A
        South Africa 5 5 0 0 0 10 +1.785
        India 5 3 2 0 0 6 +0.149
        England 5 3 2 0 0 6 -0.059
        -------
        Sri Lanka 5 2 3 0 0 4 -0.116
        Zimbabwe 5 2 3 0 0 4 -0.354
        Kenya 5 0 5 0 0 0 -1.423

Now about Group B, oh.. some people may
        call me crazy for estimating it before the match with Aus and WI. But what the hell.. this is my estimate.

Group B
        Pakistan 5 5 0 0 0 10 +1.034
        West Indies 5 3 2 0 0 6 +0.201
        New Zealand 5 3 2 0 0 6 +0.011
        ----------
        Australia 5 3 2 0 0 6 -0.032
        Bangladesh 5 1 4 0 0 2 -0.522
        Scotland 5 0 5 0 0 0 -0.632

and to think.. Australians have been preparing since '97, the longest and most prosperous out of every team. Who says Australia will leave the tornament with loses.. they will QUIT!!! Yes, that's true.. since they made up a excuse for fans running on the field, and they know they will lose.. they'll make up BS that they quit.

This is my estimate.. as if this happens.. DAMN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PAKISTAN vs. INDIA MATCH THEN!

[This message has been edited by Peoples Champ (edited May 25, 1999).]

Comment

India is gonna beat Sri Lanka !
          Indian batting has been really good so far, but the bowling has been pathetic, so Indians have to put the SriLankans in to bat first and then rely on Dravid or Ganguly to build the innings. If India is gonna bat first, they better score 300+ (c'mon Sachin), if they are planning to bowl the way they bowled in the other matches.

hell! Why can't the indian bowlers get a few lessons from the pakis?
          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Paki bowlers can not only teach bowling to Indians but also teach batting to Indians. It is a high time Akram/Razzak starts teaching batting to batsmen in Pak team. Paki bowlers are doing everything. Compare Azhar mehmood/ razzak/akram with Indians. 4 runs to score, 7 balls in spare and three wkts in hand, India managed to lose the game with Zim.

Indians are extremely good at snatching defeat from jaws of victory and none to balme but themselves for the situation they are in. I will keep fingures crossed.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited May 26, 1999).]

Comment

P.Champ's gusses are mine too.Go NewZealand!
              Besides I am biased in favour of weaker teams.Glad if bangla makes it to semis.(NAH!)

Comment

Working...
              X