Pak on the verge of winning Cal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak on the verge of winning Cal.

How come this forum is empty when at 163/3 Pak is likely to win in Cal.

They could very well score 300+

They did pass 300 but I think its a close call - still in India's favour slightly - tomorrow should be a very interesting day.

Comment

279 is well beyond reach of this Indian team. Azhar is like Salim Malik, a shaddow of his former past (though Azhar never reached the peaks that malik reached). I think even physically his reflexes have slowed. Once one of the most outstanding fielders, Azhar now is dropping sitters in slips. Ganguly is not good this season. I checked his games on www.khel.com. Dravid, gets out once Akram or Shoaib put in a wonderful delivery. S. Ramesh finally got well deserved LBW which he escaped of Dunne and Jayaprakash. He is prone to LBWs. It all boils down to SRT who neither looks fit nor with support. Though a SRT fan, I feel unlike Miandad or Viv, he is not the one to win match single handedly. In fact I will not be surprised if he makes a pair.

P.S. SRT did not perform, unlucky, Laxman too was unlucky. Laxman's performance must have to do with the fact that failure in this test means this is last test of his life.

But don't you think at 214/6 Pak is in a good position. Just two wickets. Prasad/Harbhaja are pushovers.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited February 19, 1999).]

Comment

Salam All,
        The match has now gont VERY interesting,india needs only 65 to win...but has only 4 wickets left!!Hope Ganguly gets out soon enough,kumble must go too,he has scored 12 already and like ganguly could be trouble if he stays on wicket.
        Guys,the indians have a whole day to score just 65 runs and they will try to play slow,so our bowlers must strike! Or else they will win.
        P.S.Any predictions??

[This message has been edited by jedi (edited February 19, 1999).]

Comment

The match has really taken a very interesting turn! and the fellows watching it live are too lucky ...
          Pakistan can surely win if Suarav Ganguly can be removed, sometimes SG proves a sticker to the wicket...
          Chances of Pakistan winning this match: 87%

Comment

another nail biting finish.....gunguly's wicket is the key to this test match..well morning sessions are usually favourable to bowlers so lets see what Shoaib Akhter has in store for us. Guys i have never seen him bowl but i have heard the yorker that got Tundulkar a golden duck was a beauty. And Saeed's 188 not out must have been his best test innings.
            well i am keeping my fingers crossed..

Comment

You don't need Ganguly's wicket. Give him easy deliveries with defensive field so that he crosses over for a single and attack other end.

Chances of Pak win 99.99% unless Indian temperament improves suddenly.

Comment

Chances of pak winning-:"87%".....hehe....u guys really make me laugh here
                Anyways chances are slightly in favour of india right now ... but ofcourse who knows how to sweep the tail better than akram .
                Lookin at his figures though and considering that its a seaming pitch ,akram going wicketless is surprising .
                mind u shoaib is fast and accurate with excellent outswing but 65 is no big a score to get either.....
                so dil pay pather rakh kay i would say that india is fav. right now !!

MR

Comment

Alright folks .......so we have done it again

Who says we cant be champs .......we are the team !!

Shoaib and wasim are complimenting each other well and just look at shoaibs figures!
                  Amazing

wasim as usual as i said earlier cant go wicketless on such tracks and yet again he doesnt disappoint....

well any way congrats to all on a superb win

and we hope for many more in future...

MR

Comment

Calcutta crowd was as usual disgraceful.

Akram did a highly imaginative job as a captain. Azhar was clueless and wanting even in the best situations. I see some undercurrents of jealosy and friction between SRT and the rest.

This series has shown one thing clearly. Indian batsman are not as great as made to be and Indian bowlers are not as bad as said to be.

Pakistan team has a great potential to win World Cup.

Comment

Congrats to Pakistan for winning an excellent game. Srinath (got to give Indians some credit yaar !!), Saeed, and my favourite Shoaib were the winners while the crowd was the only loser in Calcuta.
                      I finally saw Shoaib ball, guys we have another Waqar in the making, he's got a copycat reverse swing yorker. It will be a pleasure watching him bowl on the seaming English wickets....

Comment

Working...
                      X