Two teams in search of a opener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two teams in search of a opener?

While Laxman and Ramesh ( a to be opener team for first test according to Indian selectors) failed, Pakistani openers reciprocated by Wasti scoring a pair (zeros in both innings). Saeed Anwar also failed. This was in the ongoing game against India A.

Who will open with Anwar? Indian have a more difficult choice to make. They need to find two openers.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited January 24, 1999).]

Yeah there is a problem there...
    pakistan should have taken mohammed wasim with them cuz he is very good on slow wickets and has a very good approach ....

while the team is performing well....the performance of saeed dunn worry me cuz he is a big match player....and u know what i mean by dat....

i think as for now youhana should open cuz they have no other choice as far as i can see.........

in bowling did ya check akram's figures...man hes good.....he will sure take pak to teh world cup in june and come back triumphant ....

MR.

Comment

The other opener will be the new boy Wajatullah, there is no one else really. You cannot put Youhanna as an opener simply for the fact that he is not an opener - he should stay at the position he is natural at. In the Past Pakistan has messed about the players - using them where they do not fit in - e.g. Ijaz at No. 3 (by Imran), azhar Mahmood has been tried every where as well. Even Saeed was never an opener originally. The team will most probably be the same as it is against the Indian A-team. It shouldn't be much different.

Comment

Working...
      X