Greatest Era of Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greatest Era of Sports

Are we living in the greatest era of sports... I believe so far it is the best.
    Here is why:

Cricket: Viv Richards, Dennis Lillee, Richard Hadley, Michael Holding, Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, and others.

Basket Ball: Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.

Boxing: Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson

Horse Racing: Cigar, and now Skip Away.

Baseball: Most home run duel b/w McGwire & Sammy Sosa

Soccer: Diego Maradona

Track & Field: Carl Lewis

Tennis: Pete Sampras, Steffi Graff, Monica Seles, Chris Evert, and Martina Navaratilova.

All kinds of records have been shattered these days, made me think this is indeed the best era in sports.

so long...

Sure it is.. SPORTS ARE MY LIFE! I would rather play sports for fun then have the beautiful girl in the world!

Comment

Ts, it sure is wonderful to see all the greats in acton. what do u think about Mike Tyson's return!! Should he be allowed to box again.

Nasir GOOD ONE yaar! This should be a question in general hehe.... "Girls or Sports?"...it should be interesting.

BoSS

Comment

BoSS-

Mike Tyson is boxing's need. Beside all that he has done, he is a wonderful athlete and his presence is the guaranteed success for boxing. Besides, he has served suspension and it should take care of everything.

Next Tyson-Hollyfield fight will break all records of PPV fights ---- Guaranteed.

"Girls or Sports" --- Yes girls are wonderful sport and I love it.

so long...

Comment

How far back does this era go. I mean if we can include Mohammad Ali in Boxing surely we can not forget great soccer players like Platini, Zico, Linekar, Robson, Rossi etc.

and then we have Senna, Prost and Mansell in Grand Prix.

Jehangir Khan is another example.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Don't forget Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe for hockey. And Babe Ruth for basball and Palie for soccer and Joe Montana for football. These are legend people.. not still players... Except Gretzky.

Comment

Dear BoSS-

I would say past 20-25 years could be included in the current era. I think Platini, Rico, & Rossi were excellent players but I'm refering to players who has turned the meaning of the game and are kind of legendary.

Dear Nasir- Yup, you're right. Wayne Gretzky was left out. He is one of 'em.

so long...

Comment

Working...
              X