who is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is the best?

I am starting here on a very simple and highly debatable note.

who in your opinion is the best batsman in the world in preset day cricket?
    i know it sounds like an o'level essay but your answers should be based on facts and the batsman's technical approach.

For me its Mark Waugh and ill give u the explanation later nce i recieve your replies(hopefully)!
    ciao
    MahaRaja

best batsman : Brian Lara

Reason : excellent timing and reflexes.

By the way, Mark waugh or Steve Waugh do not even make it to my top 10 list!!

no ofence..

Comment

I think Saeed Anwar is the best one day batsman, he is smart, wicked opener and doesn't hesitate to hit the big shots.

Comment

Trooper:Brian Lara is definitely a fine batsman.his timing is good and so are his reflexes but that alone is not enough to make him the best batsman.............
        the reason being it that he cannot play all bowlers on equal merit:with fast bowlers like waqar and donald he'll beat the crap outa them because of his reflexes .....but with spinners like saqlain who can make a batsman think for every ball he is not that good .mushtaq gets a hammering because he tosses the ball while shane warne drags :thus the difference it makes for lara whose innings in ausralia were a ample proof for that..

Bholya....sure saeed is my favourite and will always be if he continues in his way.
        but hes not the best in the world.one thing he lacks is the fact that you can never predict whether he will win the match for us.
        scoring 50 or 100 is nothing for the stylo but u have to end up in a situation when the match is totally under control!
        in banglore96 dint he score a fire but did it help pak to win ...nahin na!

Comment

Yes the best is Mark Waugh:
          style ,composure ,patience ,temperament ,skill ,technique ,reflexes ,all shorts ,good running ,ability to pace the inning ,and lastly match winner......!
          i will elaborate this further next time

Comment

Mark Waugh : slow, slugish, nervous, inconsistent, incapable...........

Comment

The best player: M. Azharuddin
              Very consisten....has a hight test average and he is a great leader.....also he is the best fielder as well.

Comment

a great1 from THE great 1
                bhaiya! batsman.......and not player
                these r 2 distinct categories!

any way azharuddin is wristy which comes naturally ,and has an ability too improvise the bowling.but as a batsman he does not come in the toppers anyway lest u are considering averages alone.

Trooper!
                waugh :in what sense is he slow?

and sluggish?nervous yeah right!

consistency is not that excellent i agree but
                he can score anywhere in the world!thats his prowess.and again not a single batsman in the world can score a 50 or 100 everyday bro.
                as far as consistency matters,Gary Kirsten of s africa is on the top.

Comment

Mark Waugh has Style.he stands straight ,his bat elegantly stroking the surface frequently,
                  he is composed.u dont see him flashing at anything and eveything.he doesnt get beaten that often.
                  patience and temperament abound.remember madras 96 hot humid 40 degree c he won the match and there are numerous others that i can quote
                  reflexes very good.fast on the ball always.
                  technique best in the world and this is too wide range a topic
                  and the fact that he can pace the match is his biggest quality .he can dictate the way the game has to procede.he can hit,he can stop,he can improvise,he can slog if need may be!he is the best batsman!
                  till next edition on the great waugh,
                  ciao
                  MahaRaja

Comment

i think that in every sport, fighting spirit of the player is the most important factor that determines a players caliber. admit it or not but mark waugh is not exactly the kind of player who can give a good performence when under pressure. ( and i am not talking about a weak bowling attack like india)

like always, no ofence..

Comment

Trooper I'm impressed!
                      you have summed it up well.you think mark waugh lacks fighting spirit.
                      nope!He actually doesnt show it!
                      inside he is determined and possessed and as for a bowling attack Waugh thrashed the west indies in 95,and again he didnt do a lot bad against the south africans.(and pakis except akram of course)
                      as far as pressure is concerned nobody likes it more than our Moin khan.but to be the best you must have a lot of other things as well!

Comment

'actualy dosnt show it' !!
                        'inside he is determined..'!!!
                        it almost seems as if u have been inside of him. i bet u even his brother (steve waugh) would'nt no about these deep, hidden inner strengths !!!

Comment

Trooper,yaar........
                          hun mein kee kvaan?
                          you know its just a matter of opinion dear!
                          im pleading my case ,you fight yours.
                          Brian lara sure has the highest test score but how could the be the best !
                          if you think that its fine........but not me
                          for me Mark waugh is the finest
                          as for being inside him ,thats rather unrealistic!i felt his fighting spirit at its pinnace at the world cup96 match against india when he got Tendulkar out ,stumped of a wide ball.....thanks to Healy though ,but I think that no other person on that field could have got Tendulkar out the way he did!
                          hes a great fighter ,and so is the rest of the Australian team.

Comment

hye every body. i think that the best bats man in the world is B C LARA. he is the best. his timing, his slection of shots is un believeable. his is like a true batsman who can handle any situation. He is a good batsman on all kind of wickets and can play spin and fast bowling really well.he has got all the qualities of being the greatest batsman.

Comment

CAN THERE BE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THIS QUESTION?

LOOK AT ALL THE RATINGS ONLY ONE PERSON IS ENTITLED FOR BEING THE WORLDS BEST BATSMAN AND THATS OBVIOUS ITS .

SACHIN TENDULKAR THE KING OF ALL BATSMEN.

Comment

Working...
                              X