Desis are naturally allergic to sports which
    naturally shows in their muscular built
    I guess thats why this place is dead..

phadda karwa lo, flirt karwa lo
    this place and the culture section are dead

does that say anything about us?

maybe it does

anyways, back in the days of Farjad saif,
    Arif Nakhuda and Arif Khan, Pakistan had become a much respected country in table tennis..now its back to the dark ages...

everyone knows how to shoot though..
    maybe sharpshooting should be our national sport
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

No comments.

-de-kangla-

Comment

hey Fraudz I love sports!!!
      I follow Basket Ball and (ice) Hockey mostly...though the season is over for both...but baseball is pretty cool, haven't had much time to watch any games lately!!

I was like hooked to the TV during the winter Olympics hehe but i was so disappointed when the Candian mens and ladies hockey team lost!!

anyhow what sports are u into Fraudz??
      and please don't say Cricket cuz i don't know much about that unfortunately!!!

Comment

Noreena, apas ki baat hai WNBA is the most boring thing in the world other than Rebecca Lobo of N.Y Liberty...but thaz my opinion

NBA is the best! my fav. is Hakeem Olajawan from Rockets...he has the moves!
        Bulls Rule anyway!

ciao!

Comment

Hey BoSS

well WNBA isn't getting any recognition
          but my Fav NBA players are Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman and Micheal Jordan!!!
          The NBA Finals were great!!!

Comment

WHOA.... THE BEST SPORT AROUND IS ICE HOCKEY AND FOOTBALL(SOCCER). NOW I'M NOT SAYING BASKETBALL ISN'T BAD BECAUSE I WATCH SO MANY GAMES OF BASKETBALL, ANYWAY THE BEST PLAYER IS HAKEEM!! THE BEST "ICE HOCKEY" TEAM IS THE DETROIT REDWINGS AND THE BEST PLAYER IS SERGEI FEDOROV AND STEVE YZERMAN. BUT THE BEST SPORT IN THE WORLD IS SOCCER. I was looking at a sports paper on the web and it said Pakistan says the will sure qualify for World Cup' 2002. I think I saw it in www.millat.com Just remeber DETROIT REDWINGS 1997/98 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!! WNBA SUXS!

Comment

Anyone interested in golf?? I used to play a long time ago, and can still hit some pretty descent shots. I'm now working on improving my 'kabbadi' skills..does anyone have any good suggestions??

[This message has been edited by Antidote.]

Comment

Antidote

whoa!!! finally another desi who plays golf.
                I have been playing off and on for a bit, still fairly new to the game though.

Kabbadi I have a suggestion for, dont use deodorant for a few days before the match..
                they wont try to hold on to u
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Pir Fraudia Saab,

How often do you get to play ?? Finding enough time to play golf can be a problem especially in big cities where one may have to commute long distances to go any place. I don't have that headache here because I live in a small place where everything is within a 15 minute drive. However, golf is an expensive sport and it is the money you have to shell out for the green fees that can be forbidding sometimes. We have many public courses but they are always crowded, no matter how early or late in the day you go.
                  Driving ranges are good, but can get boring and tiresome after a while. But if you've started playing try to go at least once a week..... and don't get disheartened if you mess up your swing. You can always make it up on the next one or the next one or....

Sports have always been my passion in life, but my biggest problem is not being able to play any competitive sport because of a self imposed dress code. You see I feel uncomfortable wearing shorts in public, and I cannot play sports like tennis, racketball etc wearing shalwar kameez...simply because my movements will be restricted. When I was growing up we had all girls schools where I could partake in sporting activities but once I finished school, everything stopped. Golf is about the only sport I can play wearing long pants and when I started playing, I loved it.

Thanks for your advice on Kabbadi... our neighbors the Indians must be the world kabbadi champions, given their dislike or reluctance to deodorize themselves for whatever reasons.

So long and happy golfing....

Antidote.

[This message has been edited by Antidote.]

Comment

Volleyball, Golf, and Soccer for me folks.
                    Used to play competitive badminton -- not done that for a long time now . .

My main problem with sports is I like to play not watch.

Comment

Hey Noreena, guess what? I love sports too!
                      Ice Hockey (NHL) is the best... too bad there aren't any desis in NHL. But in the future I think we are bound to ge in.... U know. Who says desis aren't into sports? I play in a ball hockey league that is open to anyone... and 75% of the players are desis. The best ever NHL player of all time is..... yes... WAYNE GRETZKY.

Comment

Noreena

U know mah sports and they are all listed on my homepage too quit trying to act as if in last 3 years u learnt nothiugn about me.. ullu.

Antidote

I play off and on and until recently I did not even have my own clubs but got a good pair as a gift, I do need a better driver but good woods are expensive.

Back in Philly golf was a bit of a prob as I was playing soccer for a league team. Now my coworkers play golf every weekend and I have been out 3 times in last month and a half.

as far as dress code for sports goes, there are some good combos that can be not too revealing and fairly easy to play in too.

Comment

YOu all ICE HOCKEY fans, we finally do have desi coming into NHL, Manny Malhotra, selected in top 10 first rounders. DESI's are gonna take our NHL in future .... Patrick Roy rulessss (too bad he is not desi )

Comment

oh My Fraudia ....sorry me forgetz hehe
                            it must be your nick...I'm used to somefin else

Comment

wooo hooooo The Great one rules!!!
                              Yeah Wayne Gretzky is the best
                              but was not so happy when Canada lost in the Olympics
                              and Bhola your right Patrick Roy is an awesome goal tender, but how about the Dominator? he be cool too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X