Pak Team throwing away matches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak Team throwing away matches?

Yes, that's what I believe. NOT for money, but to bring down their own team mate, who happens to be their captain. After looking at 2nd and 3rd match with NZ, I couldn't help but think that these guys are giving away their wickets. Again, not for money, but to make sure that Younis doesn't succeed as a captain, not realizing that their are bringing a bad name to the country. I believe, the so called, "Seniors" are doing this intentionally, and frankly, I expected soemthing after the 3rd match loss to NZ. it is actually worse, as, Younis Khan was led to believe, before the NZ ODI's that he will get support from the players, but he didn't. To me that's worse than just saying that you should step down.

I completely support Younis khan in this action. Even if I was there in his shoes (and I have played cricket alot), I'd be disgusted if people would do that to me. not thinking that they are under minning the country. I understand that Younis is having a bad patch, but who doesn't.

This is pathetic in my opinion.

Comments?

IF AND BIG IF its true then it is indeed pathetic and this matter should be taken very seriously. obviously Younis didn't help his case by performing below par, dropping U.akmal and M.Yousuf, kicking AFridi out of selection process and flip flopping with his own captaincy title.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense when I see Afridi play more of a responsible innings in T20 than in regular ODI.

Also Shoaib Malik is nothing but a zehreela saaanp. Shakal say masoom andar say bohot bara ch....ya. He has a very shady history altogether. look up his whole marriage "fiasco" and his actions..
    Secondly, he was found guilty of deliberately losing a domestic match because he had some issues with the administration or something. Given his history and character, I can definitely see Malik playing carelessly to undermine Younis.

As far chota (height wise) Akmal is concerned, I always thought he kept a low profile and stayed away from these internal politics. Maybe his recent success got the worst out of him. And probbaly by dropping Lamba Akmal made him more upset with Younis khan.

Bollywood can make a great movie/documentary on our past and current Pak team. Given how indians are so obsessed with our team, the movie will be an instant hit.

Comment

Re: Pak Team throwing away matches?

While I don't condone this player power but it is rampant now a days in cricketing world. Look around what happened in West Indies, Also player power was instrumental in removal of Kevin Pieterson from Englands captaincy. Bad tradition but one we will just have to live with.

Comment

Re: Pak Team throwing away matches?

I don't think anyone throws the international matches intentionally (for money or otherwise). Its quite natural that is not everything is alright, people cant perform 100%. So if there is a rift in the team or you are at waters with captain, its to some extent hard to put it on the back seat while you are on the field and of course that effects the performance.
        Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
        Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Originally posted by sherrybaba View Post
          IF AND BIG IF its true then it is indeed pathetic and this matter should be taken very seriously. obviously Younis didn't help his case by performing below par, dropping U.akmal and M.Yousuf, kicking AFridi out of selection process and flip flopping with his own captaincy title.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense when I see Afridi play more of a responsible innings in T20 than in regular ODI.

Also Shoaib Malik is nothing but a zehreela saaanp. Shakal say masoom andar say bohot bara ch....ya. He has a very shady history altogether. look up his whole marriage "fiasco" and his actions..
          Secondly, he was found guilty of deliberately losing a domestic match because he had some issues with the administration or something. Given his history and character, I can definitely see Malik playing carelessly to undermine Younis.

As far chota (height wise) Akmal is concerned, I always thought he kept a low profile and stayed away from these internal politics. Maybe his recent success got the worst out of him. And probbaly by dropping Lamba Akmal made him more upset with Younis khan.

Bollywood can make a great movie/documentary on our past and current Pak team. Given how indians are so obsessed with our team, the movie will be an instant hit.
          Malik is known to play politics within the team (Abdul Qadir is testament to that)

But Younis' apparent inability to get along with other seniors could also be down to his own uncompromising and dictatorial attitude. He cannot expect to run a cricket team like a cadet company where juniors are supposed to obey you all the time.

Plus as you rightly say Younis cannot really inspire the team if he is himself not scoring any runs. Maybe he is under severe mental stress because of all the politicking that is going on around him and hence cannot concentrate properly on his batting....and let's not forget there are many 'khaleefas' in this team

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAsif View Post
            Malik is known to play politics within the team (Abdul Qadir is testament to that)

But Younis' apparent inability to get along with other seniors could also be down to his own uncompromising and dictatorial attitude. He cannot expect to run a cricket team like a cadet company where juniors are supposed to obey you all the time.

Plus as you rightly say Younis cannot really inspire the team if he is himself not scoring any runs. Maybe he is under severe mental stress because of all the politicking that is going on around him and hence cannot concentrate properly on his batting....and let's not forget there are many 'khaleefas' in this team
            Malik once lost a match deliberately and admitted to that, I guess it was a local T20 championship.. .what else you could expect from him..

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAsif View Post

How many seniors are there in Pakistan team?
              1. Yusuf
              2. malik
              3. Afridi.

Comment

Originally posted by vineshvk View Post
                How many seniors are there in Pakistan team?
                1. Yusuf
                2. malik
                3. Afridi.
                Can the following not be regarded as senior?

Squeeky / screaming Akmal (now the Vice Captain)

Charsi Asif when he comes back

Fast and furious Gul

Rana Naveed 'bowler of highest quality..........' when in the team?
                Jokers + Cheaters + Fixers

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_Express View Post
                  Can the following not be regarded as senior?

Squeeky / screaming Akmal (now the Vice Captain)

Charsi Asif when he comes back

Fast and furious Gul

Rana Naveed 'bowler of highest quality..........' when in the team?
                  Abdul Razzaq is also in the list, he started like in 99 WC somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by coOoLBreeze View Post
                    Abdul Razzaq is also in the list, he started like in 99 WC somewhere..
                    Yeah Abdul Razak is a senior.

Others who may regard themselves senior soon:

Butt Sahib

Farhat

Faislal Iqbal
                    Jokers + Cheaters + Fixers

Comment

Working...
                    X