Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mohammad Asif joining ICL????

Asif mulls lucrative ICL offer

KARACHI: The Indian Cricket League (ICL) is close to recruiting another high-profile 'rebel' from Pakistan as there are indications that suspended fast bowler Mohammad Asif may soon sign a highly lucrative deal with the unofficial league.

Asif, 25, is fighting a possible doping ban after testing positive for banned steroid nandrolone while featuring in the official Indian Premier League (IPL) this May, without receiving any support from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

In sheer frustration and the need to play competitive cricket and make a healthy earning, Asif is expected to sign up to play for the ICL, just weeks after Pakistan's premier batsman Mohammad Yousuf defected to the cash-rich league.

"I am frustrated," Asif told cricketnirvana.com. "When no one is coming to my support I have no other option left to join the ICL for which other Pakistani players are also playing. My career has come to a halt and no one is bothering," he lamented.

Like Yousuf, Asif could also end up playing for the Lahore Badshahs, a team that includes leading Pakistani cricketers like former skipper Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, pacers Rana Naved-ul-Hassan, Mohammad Sami and openers Imran Farhat and Imran Nazir.

Sources close to Asif told 'The News' that Asif has offered a contract of nearly one million dollars to play for the ICL for a three-year period.

Meanwhile, Asif's dope case hearing on November 29 seems to have hit another snag as the lawyer who represented him is now working for IPL.

"The lawyer, Charles Russell, is now working for the IPL and since he has previously been consulted by Asif, this is not acceptable to the Pakistan paceman," said a source.

Asif was suspended by the PCB after he failed a dope test conducted by the IPL. His B sample also tested positive in August, prompting the IPL drug tribunal to summon him. The first hearing was held on October 30 which was adjourned after Asif's lawyers Shahid Karim and adviser Dr Michael Graham challenged the jurisdiction of the tribunal to hear the case.

Meanwhile, the ICL is also eyeing young fast bowler Sohail Khan. The Karachi pacer made his ODI debut early this year but was overlooked for this month's three-match series against the West Indies in Abu Dhabi.

SOURCE: Asif mulls lucrative ICL offer
    Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Re: Mohammad Asif joining ICL????

i hope he wont ......
    Itís better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that youíre stupid than to open it and remove all doubt
    cadet018 a.k.a ßunny

Comment

i wonder y ICL doesnt offer shoaib akhtar??pakistan really need to get rid of him
      ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy Drew View Post
        i wonder y ICL doesnt offer shoaib akhtar??pakistan really need to get rid of him

Itís better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that youíre stupid than to open it and remove all doubt
        cadet018 a.k.a ßunny

Comment

i hope he doesnt get in to icl
          he doesnt deserve to be in any team
          wat a drugie he needs to be in a reabilitation center.
          Love is like a booger, you keep picking on it till you get, and then when you get it, you dont know what to do with it.

Comment

^ well entire team needs to join him, including cricket officals n board members
            "There are two rules for ultimate success in life: #1. Never tell everything you know." ;)

Comment

true but i guess they arent dat influenced that they take it around in their bags esp on AIRPORT! dis just proves dat hez in such influence da the lost his common sense
              Love is like a booger, you keep picking on it till you get, and then when you get it, you dont know what to do with it.

Comment

Shouldnt ICL be following the same doping laws as any other sporting organization??? If Asif isnt eligible to play in IPL for doping he shouldnt be eligible to play in ICL either!
                When life hands you a lemon make nimbu paani!!

Comment

Such good times are coming for Pakistan cricket...

Comment

mubarkan...
                    HTD/S11: To fool your enemies, you must first fool your allies.
                    ARY: baighairton ka badshah

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy Drew View Post
                      Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                      Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

No, Mohammad Asif is not joining ICL. Less than a week ago, he asked PCB to help him get back to International cricket, and the response from PCB was as usual (we will see what we can do). Asif asked PCB to help him regain his place in the national team and he was eager to have PCB pull him out of this mess that he is in. This is from less than a week ago.

If PCB flat-out rejected to have any association with Asif (haven't been reported in the news), then he has no other choice. Kambakht Bhai makes a good point below.
                        Originally posted by kambakht View Post
                        Shouldnt ICL be following the same doping laws as any other sporting organization??? If Asif isnt eligible to play in IPL for doping he shouldnt be eligible to play in ICL either!

Comment

Well, IPL won't take him, PCB refuses to help him so he has no other choice. But I can see why PCB is not willing to help charsi. If you are dumb enough to take drugs and then get caught on an airport you shouldn't be playing cricket.

Learn from the master, Gayle.

Comment

He should jump into ICL, na rahay ga baans na bajay gee bansuri.
                            saaray Pakistan ka ek hi naara: ehtasab ehtasab!

Comment

Working...
                            X