Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Australians are the best At cricket???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia has great depth of superve international and first class cricketers although this is similiar to India and Pakistan. The difference is the Australian selectors and the public show trust in the cricketers even if they are failing. Whereas the Pakistanis call for heads if they lose even two one day matches in a row e.g Salman Butt. Sure Imran Farhat played well but it is highly likely he will fail soon and then they will have to replace him with Salman Butt who will take extra games to prepare himself or that international level again.

I was also reading on this forum that people where saying Shahid Afridi needs runs to retain his spot. This is bizarre to me , even if Afridi failed 15 innings in a row in both forms of the game if he is dropped it is an absolute joke. Speaking from an Australian perspective, he and Shoaib Akhtar are the two players were fear can take a cricket game and the world cup away from us.

The Pakistani batsmen do not score quick enough and we all know that this current generation do not perform to their ability against Australia except for Shahid and Shoaib. Even though Shoaibs stats don't show it his speed is the fear factor. Shahid hammered us in the VB series last year and he is the biggest hitter ever to come to Australia. Also i was looking at his record and he has dismissed the best batsmen in the world Ponting the most in ODI"'s.

Also for Pakistan to chase down a large total of 300 plus they have to play Afridi at number 3. Even if it is a 10 ball 30 that that he often provided during the vb series it gains his team momentum. He should bat at first drop because usually the new ball will not swing that much and it will allow Afridi to play his natural game and be able to hit through the line of the ball. This is imperative for the state of the game. Shahid Afridi has fans all over the world a lot in Australia to i might add. And we don't want to see him like last night come in with 25 to get when he can make no real impact. What i am asking is for Pakistani cricket to send in Shahid for the crowds sake and Pakistans sake early.

You need to develop his outstanding talent and play him 1st or 2nd drop so he is ready for Australia. If not in the world cup next year Australia will be able tp post a huge score and Shahid will come in at 5 for 110 and they will be all out for 160 cause he is batting with the tail. For Pakistanis cricket sake and for world cup success they need to batt him up the order to develop him (he can get his eye in unlike yesterday) . Although i don't see this happening and that is why Pakistan won't make it past the semis at the world cup......

Re: Why Australians are the best At cricket???

Because they scored a mammoth 434 and let opposition score four more than that. Who could provide such entertainment?

By the way, I thought this thread was about australia rather than Afridi? I will wait for a little while to see if there is any point in letting this thread opened.
    The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiecricketer
      The difference is the Australian selectors and the public show trust in the cricketers even if they are failing. Whereas the Pakistanis call for heads if they lose even two one day matches in a row e.g Salman Butt. Sure Imran Farhat played well but it is highly likely he will fail soon and then they will have to replace him with Salman Butt who will take extra games to prepare himself or that international level again.

My friend, australian selection policies are often pretty strict and regardless of the stature of the player they don't hesitate to drop a player. We have seen them droppig players like Martyn, Hayden Gillespi, Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh Bevan.
      As far as dropping butt goes, it not only the matter of him failing but how he was playing lately. I regard Butt as a terrific find for Pakistan in recent years and I was one of his supporters but it was evident that his was often nervous lately opening the innings and I guess he deserved much deserved rest. Don't worry it is not the end for him. We will see him again.

By the way I think you should have posted this 2 years ago. Aussies are not the same side which they were than.
      Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Okay sorry if i wasnt clear before but what i want to say is this. Australian selectors show a lot more faith in the players. e.g Salman Butt scored a ODI century not very long ago and they dropped him after a few failures. Whereas Gillespie failed for a majority of a test series and the full natwest series.

Also my other point is for Pakistan to be able to chase down big scores they need to play afridi at first or second drop. Thinking about it i feel 2nd drop because the ball would have lost most of its swing by then.This line up has some balance. Malik is an aggressive opener and younis can ancor the innings. Inzamam will need to play his shots and he will need to perform against Australia. Afridi can play a natural cameo. Youhana can settle it down. Razzaq can hit big if still needed after Afridi. and Akmal can play his shots with a low chance of geting out and Akhtar and Rana can hit a few sixes. That lineup seems a lot more balanced to me. Because the top order often have a slow run rate for Pakistan and to much work is left for the big hitters. Whereas this adds stability and will ensure a consistent run rate that will lead to a big score.Also even if you do play Afridi at opener don't change him after a couple of failed innings. Look at what we did with gilchrist this summer. He failed 6 times. We showed faith and he repayed us by an agressive century that won us the game and the series.
        This lineup seems a lot more daunting to the Australians:
        openers ar Shoaib Malik and Younis Khan
        3Inzamam Ul Haq
        4 Shahid Afridi
        5Yousuf Youhana
        6Abdul Razzaq
        7Kamran Akmal
        8Shoaib Akhtar
        9Rana Naved
        10 Asif

My other point is the selectors play an important role in Australian success because Pakistan too has very good first class depth and compare results between the two.
        What im trying to say is Pakistan selectors have to show more faith by giving the professionals more time to perform which will lead to successful careers. All they are doing now is diminishing confidence and delaying this team from fullfilling there full potential. Also for Pakistan to beat Australia they need to get Afridi involved much earlier with the bat and that lineup looks good to me.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

For an Aussie, you have remarkably deep knowledge of Pakistani cricket.

Comment

^ aur yoon sare-aam lay li gai

Aussi bhai, we are sending suggestion via DHL to Wasim Bari.
            charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
            zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_guy
              ^ aur yoon sare-aam lay li gai

Aussi bhai, we are sending suggestion via DHL to Wasim Bari.
              When life hands you a lemon make nimbu paani!!

Comment

Australia has great depth of superve international and first class cricketers although this is similiar to India and Pakistan. The difference is the Australian selectors and the public show trust in the cricketers even if they are failing. Whereas the Pakistanis call for heads if they lose even two one day matches in a row e.g Salman Butt. Sure Imran Farhat played well but it is highly likely he will fail soon and then they will have to replace him with Salman Butt who will take extra games to prepare himself or that international level again.

I was also reading on this forum that people where saying Shahid Afridi needs runs to retain his spot. This is bizarre to me , even if Afridi failed 15 innings in a row in both forms of the game if he is dropped it is an absolute joke. Speaking from an Australian perspective, he and Shoaib Akhtar are the two players were fear can take a cricket game and the world cup away from us.

The Pakistani batsmen do not score quick enough and we all know that this current generation do not perform to their ability against Australia except for Shahid and Shoaib. Even though Shoaibs stats don't show it his speed is the fear factor. Shahid hammered us in the VB series last year and he is the biggest hitter ever to come to Australia. Also i was looking at his record and he has dismissed the best batsmen in the world Ponting the most in ODI"'s.

Also for Pakistan to chase down a large total of 300 plus they have to play Afridi at number 3. Even if it is a 10 ball 30 that that he often provided during the vb series it gains his team momentum. He should bat at first drop because usually the new ball will not swing that much and it will allow Afridi to play his natural game and be able to hit through the line of the ball. This is imperative for the state of the game. Shahid Afridi has fans all over the world a lot in Australia to i might add. And we don't want to see him like last night come in with 25 to get when he can make no real impact. What i am asking is for Pakistani cricket to send in Shahid for the crowds sake and Pakistans sake early.

You need to develop his outstanding talent and play him 1st or 2nd drop so he is ready for Australia. If not in the world cup next year Australia will be able tp post a huge score and Shahid will come in at 5 for 110 and they will be all out for 160 cause he is batting with the tail. For Pakistanis cricket sake and for world cup success they need to batt him up the order to develop him (he can get his eye in unlike yesterday) . Although i don't see this happening and that is why Pakistan won't make it past the semis at the world cup......
                Mr. Aussie...are u really Aussie or some Paki dude in Aus or just some dude somewhere???
                When life hands you a lemon make nimbu paani!!

Comment

In my opinion, this should should remain open. I don't see any negative amount of substance involved, plus, if there is any, it would help us to flush it out of our system. Great overall posts aussiecricketer. Keep up your wonderful efforts!

Regarding the actual content of the thread itself, yes, I do believe in practicing that if you want to gain the advantage over the opposition, you need to send in your pinch-hitters early during the course of Power-Plays. India went ahead with this brave move and actually implemented the exact same strategy in at least three of their recent ODI's against Pakistan. In the first match of the series, they sent in Irfan Pathan at #3 position, which paid the dividends quite well. They also retained the same strategy for the third ODI, and moved Tendulkar up the order, which also went in the same direction as it did for them previously, as Sachin scored 95. Even though Sachin failed miserably in the fourth ODI, at least it showed that the thought process behind the minds of the captain and coach, which were paved in such a way as to gain an upper hand against the opposition very early, and crush them to mental blows. Very similarly, and along the same lines, they sent in Yuvraj for the last and final ODI of the series, and he performed brilliantly for them.

Yes, in retrospect, if Pakistan were to drive in the same direction and, from Inzamam's (passive, insensible and benumbed) point of view, if we do change our dynamics of the game in a fashion that you have suggested, there is a strong possibility of achieving strong and fruitful results. At least there is no harm in trying. However, on the other hand, I am more likely keen on retaining Younis Khan for the one-down position (as Imran Khan has indicated in Straight Drive), and more likely either ask Afridi to open the batting, or force one-below Younis, who can slowly and pacefully anchor the innings, followed directly by Afridi.

As far as Shoaib's bowling speed and the fear that he instills in the minds of batsmen, I think most of us would agree that he becomes a necessity in the team when it comes to high-profile matches, especially against the likes of Australia.

Nevertheless, I had a good time in reading this thread!

Comment

No im not a pakistani. I live in Victoria. I spose u guys are curious why i would join up a pakistani cricket forum. Well to tell the truth i have been reading ver other threads and i think this is the best cricket forum on the web because of the numbers of users and short reply times. It also is not just about pakistani but world cricket.

I am an Aussie supporter through and through mate, i go to the mcg on boxing day. But i do realise that the main threat although not on the icc rankings but the main threat we have is Pakistan but only if Afridi and Shoaib play more of a role in the game....

Comment

I am an Aussie supporter through and through mate, i go to the mcg on boxing day. But i do realise that the main threat although not on the icc rankings but the main threat we have is Pakistan but only if Afridi and Shoaib play more of a role in the game....
                      I think you should be more worried about South Africa mate
                      jk

couple of good ideas, lets hope they are implented or atleast tried out before the world cup

Comment

Nah South Africa aren't good. The 434 was the biggest fluke in the history of cricket....

On the same track in the same conditions i guarantee they couldnt do it again out of 100 times.

Comment

^ if the south africa cant repeat it in a 100 go, i bet u aussies cant ever cross 400 again....

and they way aussies have been going i dont even see them winning the next world cup....
                          they just dont have all that potential left in them now....

btw, ur english is not australian....
                          mate is the only world u have in ur vocabulary of australian english....
                          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

mate, aussie,yobbo,barbie,chops,beer,*******,bloody hell
                            im not an aussie ey???

Australia are justifiably the favourites for the world cup!!!!
                            who are the defending champions?

Pakistan got hammered by India in ODI's
                            England got hammered by Pak in ODI's
                            Sri Lanka got hammered by India in ODI's
                            main threats:
                            zimbabwe
                            kenya
                            bangladesh

If you want Dravid or Yousuf Youhana playing in a ODI game don't expect to score over 300 nor get far in the world cup. Other players who shouldnt play odi cricket. the list goes on.

too many slow scorers in all teams other than Australia

Comment

Oh you forgot Aussies got Hammered by Bangladesh and yeah recently they are the record holders of loosing the game after posting the 2nd highest score in ODI's, noooooo let me correct after scoring the highest score in the ODI for mere 45 minutes they got Hammered by Saffies, One bully got Hammered by another bully!!!
                              hmhmmm....
                              Life is straight as a jalebi, sweet yet...Twisted!

Comment

Working...
                              X