400 totals in ODI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 totals in ODI

What do you think about this match? Is this going to open gates for more 400-plus scores in ODIS or not?
    Yes. I think It was just the beginning
    53.85%
    No. It was fluke of a match we will not see any such thing.
    42.31%
    Not sure what to say
    3.85%
    The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Re: 400 totals in ODI

I think there is a possibility, yes.

As I mentioned in one of my posts earlier, if both sides of the fence (as in both teams), or even a single team would happen to step into that "Twilight Zone", the 'once in a blue moon' opportunity will definitely be achievable on that day,

Comment

It was a fluke match and won't happen again in a hurry.

Comment

I think the kind of entertainment this game provided, curators are going to be encouraged to provide even flatter pitches causing more misery to the bowlers....

IMO think theres gonna be more 400+ scores and this game will definitely give teams chasing such scores motivation to actually go out and chase 400+ scores....

Good Job SA, I bow to you for defeating the big bully of cricket...Aus
        When life hands you a lemon make nimbu paani!!

Comment

Regarding the second option labeled "It was fluke of a match we will not see any such thing", I beg to differ from this statement. It would have been a fluke had Australia been the only party to reach well above and beyond the 400 total, however, as can be clearly seen as broad daylight, South Africa also was chased down the target with imposing strength.

Had it been just either one of these two parties (or any one party for that matter), a label such as above would have been more defining, but, ultimately, the results points otherwise.

Comment

^ Try to read statement again. I am not taking anything away from Saffies and I certainly did not mean by saying 'it was fluke of a match' what you implied.
            The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Well , Teams have flirted with 400 totals at least thrice before....so it is not really that impossible or a one-off fluke thing :
              398-5 Sri Lanka v Kenya (1995)
              397-5 New Zealand v Zimbabwe (2005)
              391-4 England v Bangladesh (2005)

Comment

^Scored against crappy teams though.This one was unique.

Comment

I think, this like 300 barrier is just a biginning, though it may take sometime 2-3 years before it becomes a norm like 300

Comment

why would this match change anything?

if you mean players will attack harder and be more aggressive, then we will see at least five under-150 totals for every 400 total.

Comment

It might happen, but not so soon and not so fast! It would be another couple of years before that happens again.

Comment

beycharey bowlers,ICC rules r really harsh for them
                        we might even c a total of 500 if bigger teams like aus,sa play associate teams like holland,namibia
                        ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

400 was being threatened few times with 350+ scores achieved by teams very frequently. So definitly , we will see more 400s but It wont be frequent. But it will take 2-3 years before it becomes frequent unless something is done to make bowler friendly conditions.
                          Its 5-0-1 in worldcup.
                          Its good to be world champions again.
                          And we though Aussies were invincible.

Comment

Brilliant match and the best game I have seen.

Both Australia & South Africa have set a new standards in the one day cricket and the allround cricket they play is at a different level. All credit must go to the South Africans for their fighting ability and their captain Graham Smith who led from the front. I don't think any other team including the Indians with their so called strong batting line would have chased that score.

As far as Pakistan especially against Australia no chance. They don't have many players who have the nerve to play that kind of innings in these type of matches including Inzmam.
                            Jokers + Cheaters + Fixers

Comment

It will be happening often coz now adays grounds are getting smaller day by day.
                              "Pray before you are Prayed Upon"

Precious few are born with it... even fewer know what to do with it. No Fear.

Comment

Working...
                              X