interesting paragraph........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting paragraph........

i am not posting the complete article, coz last time i did that , nobody thought it was interesting and shaed their thought......so only one paragaph this time....

Englishmen pulling out of tours on flimsy grounds has always irritated Indians. Geoff Boycott didn't tour India until the world-record aggregate was within his grasp. In 1981-82, he played three Tests, went past Garry Sobers's record of 8032 runs, played one more Test in Kolkata (where he disappeared to play golf in the middle of the match), and was gently asked to go back home. He wasn't particularly fussed since that was what he had in mind once the record was his. From such an India-hater Boycott has metamorphosed into the India-lover of television. He loves Indian players, Indian actresses, and even Indian food. Such is the pull of television money. The delicate walls of Boycott's stomach are now lined with Indian rupees.

Re: interesting paragraph........

Reminds me of Richard Hadlee...he always found some excuse to skip the Indian tour.

Comment

Meanwhile...The Telegraph, is quoting a well-informed source from UK that the reason of Trescothick going back in a hurry, and tearfully, may be that his wife found out that he was having an extra-marital affair.
      http://www.telegraphindia.com/106030...ry_5920056.asp

Comment

hm. I wish some of our players will pull out on whatever grounds so that we can get a better roster playing. why do we keep bothering with Harbajan and vvs...

Comment

well most of the englishmen are the same way...remember botham who was so hostile againt pakisan. he once said that " every person should send his mother-in-law to pakistan for vacations - all expenses paid"....funny thing is that when botham got out in 1992 finals, amir sohail told him to send his mother-in-law to pakistan again....

Comment

pathetic
            ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixdesi
              well most of the englishmen are the same way...remember botham who was so hostile againt pakisan. he once said that " every person should send his mother-in-law to pakistan for vacations - all expenses paid"....funny thing is that when botham got out in 1992 finals, amir sohail told him to send his mother-in-law to pakistan again....

he said, now go get ur mother-in-law to win this one for u. ..... Amir an above average guy, but i liked the way he played his cricket and his attitude............this one was classic.

Comment

Working...
              X