Woolmer visited GupShup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolmer visited GupShup

Bob Woolmer was here in the Cricketnama to read this thread. And here are his views after going through this thread. You know he generally does not reply in detail, but here is something special for us

REPLY BY: BOB, (24 Feb 2006, 01h29:40)
    Hi Maxal,
    Hi and thanks it was interesting reading. I guess my reply was tongue in cheek, but occassioanlly these guys just have no realisation of the work we put in, how many balls I throw and hit. If people are criticising my one-day planning they should refer to the planning I did for SA against Pakistan when we did ot lose to them for 4 years. Strange in South Africa I was considered a etter one-day coach than Test Match coach. The bottom line is unless everyone is there when I coach they will never really know what type of coach I am. Suffice it to say that I am one of a very few International cricketers who have made it my life study.

I know too that I do not get it right every time, nor do I suspect do many people in life generally. However I love cricket and all that it gives us and will remain devoted to the game despite snide and stupid remarks from those who know no better.

I would like to try and put into perspective our 1-4 loss to India. having won in Peshawar.

1. During the 4/5 day break for the Muharrum festival, our boys went home and The Indians regrouped, we therefore slackened off mentally (It is my opinion)
    2. We decided to bat first having won the toss at Rawalpindi and thanks to 4 run outs only posted 270 odd. India chased this well. - I believe that we might have bowled India to a lower total had we chased in that game. However our main reasoning was to try and win setting totals as opposed to chasing them.
    3. We then lost all the remaining tosses and there was enough juice in the pitches to make it difficult to score freely against the Indian bowlers and we were unable to set 300 plus totals.
    In hindisght we should have just bowled first and chased when we won the toss.
    4. The toss factor then went against us and each time we were unable to score enough runs. Our fielding and bowling then crumbled under some seriously good batting by Youvraj and Dhoni. Although we tried very hard and had opportunities to take the game.
    In the end India played better.

But thanks for the link and I just hope that we can accept that defeat happens and understand too that the Team hates losing.
    Bob
    Reh gaya kaam hamaara hi baghawat likhna...

Re: Woolmer visited GupShup

Impressed. Very much impressed! I initially dreamt about Woolmer visiting Cricketnama, but never in my wildest dreams I ever thought he actually did, and that too about two (2) days ago.

This is fantastic! Amal, you must be a very happy man.

Comment

Yes dhobi_bhai, I am

Comment

Mad respect to Mr Woolmer, a great friend of Pakistan.

Comment

His GS nick is Bob?
          The Pakistani Brain of the Austria (formerly known as "The Pakistani Brain of UAE")

Comment

Originally posted by Umer
            His GS nick is Bob?
            Fair & Balance.

Comment

how do u know its him mayb its some1 else
              :.:.:Pakistan Zindabad:.:.:

Comment

Originally posted by cheetah
                how do u know its him mayb its some1 else
                It's there on his website

Comment

and how does that tells that he visited the cricketnama and raed that thread ? am i missing something ?
                  Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                  Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Originally posted by Decent 6Chora
                    and how does that tells that he visited the cricketnama and raed that thread ? am i missing something ?
                    http://www.bobwoolmer.com/coaching/qa.htm

scroll down to message 11797.
                    Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Bob must have too much khaali time on his hands to reply to all toms, dicks, harrys, their siblings, neighbors and their dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Some1
                        Bob must have too much khaali time on his hands to reply to all toms, dicks, harrys, their siblings, neighbors and their dogs.
                        What Woolmer is doing is much better than showing middle fingers or whining like a liitle girl after a series defeat and giving stupid statements
                        Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Well he has visited cricketnama at least once before . That is for sure!
                          The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Just on a side note: this reply 11491 caught my eye. How nicely put by Bob!

Hi Bob!

Congratulations! Once again for the great performance by the Pakistani team. We're all very proud of you and the team. I had a question for a while but never got the chance to directly ask the Pakistani Cricket team's coach =) So here's my chance i suppose.
                            The question is that do we have Sports Psychologist for the team? I believe that it would be great to introduce such a person in the team so he can help the players deal with the pressure and other issues to help them retain their confidence. Especially with the World Cup approaching taking initiatives that would sustain the confidence the players have right now for the long term would be a good strategy. Teams like Australia for example have this ability to not collapse completely in the face of pressure and Pakistan has improve A LOT as evident in the last few series but you know to take this into consideration seriously would be a good strategic move. Your thoughts? Thanks... and We (all Pakistani supporters) really appreciate all the efforts you've put into the team and we hope to see you here for a long time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            REPLY BY: BOB, (08 Feb 2006, 04h48:21)
                            Hi saniya,
                            I think we have the greatest sports psychologist in the world. Allah he guides the team 5 times a day to do the correct thing.
                            Bob
                            The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Some1
                              Wrong example. Dog is not a commong pet in Muslim world. It is very rare to have dog as pet. Example of Goat,Camel or Cow will be appropriate.
                              Its 5-0-1 in worldcup.
                              Its good to be world champions again.
                              And we though Aussies were invincible.

Comment

Working...
                              X