Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

    DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

    The nation's second biggest satellite TV service unveiled two programming deals Monday.
    For the first, the company said it added Fox Reality to its DISH Network lineup. The channel, dedicated to original unscripted programming from U.S. and international programmers, is from News Corp.-controlled Fox Cable Networks. News Corp. also controls EchoStar's biggest competitor in the DBS business, DirecTV.

    In addition, EchoStar said it acquired exclusive rights to the England Cricket Home tours for 2006 through 2009 from the England and Wales Cricket Board. The rights deal came after EchoStar's Nov. 9 announcement that it acquired rights to Pakistan National cricket for 2005 through 2008.
    I grow in learning as I grow in age.

    #2
    Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

    Teaser bhai,

    Thanks a lot for sharing the info. I reckon Dish Network would be covering Pak Eng series coming up in the summer as well. Do you have any idea who would be covering upcoming Pak SL series? Is Dish Network doing it??

    I would really appreciate your reply
    Regards,
    Umer

    Comment


      #3
      Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

      Originally posted by teaser
      DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

      The nation's second biggest satellite TV service unveiled two programming deals Monday.
      For the first, the company said it added Fox Reality to its DISH Network lineup. The channel, dedicated to original unscripted programming from U.S. and international programmers, is from News Corp.-controlled Fox Cable Networks. News Corp. also controls EchoStar's biggest competitor in the DBS business, DirecTV.

      In addition, EchoStar said it acquired exclusive rights to the England Cricket Home tours for 2006 through 2009 from the England and Wales Cricket Board. The rights deal came after EchoStar's Nov. 9 announcement that it acquired rights to Pakistan National cricket for 2005 through 2008.
      Great news!!!
      It is an old news but surprisingly didnt hear from anyone until Teaser give this news. So I goggled it and found this
      http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....5153&highlight=

      So now Pakistan england series will be shown by Dish. Not only that other major England home matches from 2006 through 2009 will also be shown. Additionally english county matches along with Twenty 20 will be telecast as well

      Umair, I dont think Pak Srilanka series will be covered by Dishnetwork, unforunately. However in USA we can watch it online at Willow Tv. Obviously if you have to watch it online, than there are cheaper options as well to watch it online, since willow Tv will be charging around $80 or even $100.
      Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

      Comment


        #4
        Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

        Thanks for super fast reply Fkhan 2..
        Quite frankly, Willow tv is expensive to me @ least. Any cheaper options you'd recommend. Anyhow, it's good to know that Dish Network will cover Pak-Eng series of the summer. I think Dish Network is goin to make chunks of Pak customers as they are giving great "respect" to our Cricket interest.
        Umer

        Comment


          #5
          Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

          Originally posted by Umer579
          Thanks for super fast reply Fkhan 2..
          Quite frankly, Willow tv is expensive to me @ least. Any cheaper options you'd recommend. Anyhow, it's good to know that Dish Network will cover Pak-Eng series of the summer. I think Dish Network is goin to make chunks of Pak customers as they are giving great "respect" to our Cricket interest.
          Umer
          One cheaper option is sportingstreams.com. $14 for 2 months and mostly good quality streams.
          But I guess Ehsan bhai did mention in one of his posts this week that KK is planning to provide streams in collaboration with another website and it will be for special rates for guppies. If that happens than you dont need to worry about paying willow TV.
          Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

          Comment


            #6
            Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

            yup almost anything that comes via willow can be seen for cheaper.. inshaAllah pak vs sl & ind vs eng will be covered just like ind vs pak was covered although not sure how long can the free thing continue ..
            mujh sey khushiaan ley gaya aur degya kagaz kay phoool
            abb meray ghar mein paray hain jabaja kagaz kay phoool

            Comment


              #7
              Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

              Originally posted by fkhan2
              One cheaper option is sportingstreams.com. $14 for 2 months and mostly good quality streams.
              But I guess Ehsan bhai did mention in one of his posts this week that KK is planning to provide streams in collaboration with another website and it will be for special rates for guppies. If that happens than you dont need to worry about paying willow TV.
              Although I'ld love it but i dont think Ehsan bhai or someone else will be be able to stream in USA (legaly) without getting into contract with Dish which is going to be too high price to pay....
              Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
              Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

              Comment


                #8
                Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                Originally posted by Decent 6Chora
                Although I'ld love it but i dont think Ehsan bhai or someone else will be be able to stream in USA (legaly) without getting into contract with Dish which is going to be too high price to pay....
                DC bhai it is not like no one currently is providing webstreams here in USA except Dish. There are always some loop holes
                Probably when Ehsan bhai said that
                Originally posted by Ehsan
                For future series we are hoping to negotiate with one of the internet stream providers to give us special rates for guppies and provide the streaming through KK
                he meant that GS won't be directly providing the stream here but just getting links for guppies at cheaper rates from some other stream provider who have already got some set up here in USA.
                And if he can't than too bad. I know it will be a noble service for alot of guppies. Remeber not everyone watch matches on Dish PPV like you and I.
                But anyway there still are nice people like Teaser, ASN and Ansoon
                Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                  Originally posted by Umer579
                  Teaser bhai,

                  Thanks a lot for sharing the info. I reckon Dish Network would be covering Pak Eng series coming up in the summer as well. Do you have any idea who would be covering upcoming Pak SL series? Is Dish Network doing it??

                  I would really appreciate your reply
                  Regards,
                  Umer

                  I will....

                  Well I know for sure ATN Canada is going to show that match but not shure here in USA if Dish can cover it. I think Directv has the rights so they might be showing it.
                  I grow in learning as I grow in age.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                    DirecTV indeed is showing Pak in SL tests and ODIs for $99 if bought individually. DirecTV also has an annualCricket Ticket for $225.The Cricket Ticket includes a plethora of tours, including the current AUs in SA and WI in NZ and the ASHES. Basically anything played in Aus, SA, NZ, BD, SL is covered.
                    It's a great price for the amount of cricket shown.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                      Today early Chales Colville on Sky Sports anounced that Sky Sports have secured the rights for all Intl. Cricket played in India til March 2010 which includes prestige tours such as soon starting IND vs. ENG then in future AUS tours to India, Pakistan, South Africa and SL tours to India ......

                      Means the next Ind vs. Pak seies in India is to be live broadcasted on BSkyB

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                        Very nice,

                        good info from all the guppies.

                        Thanks

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                          Originally posted by funguy
                          DirecTV indeed is showing Pak in SL tests and ODIs for $99 if bought individually. DirecTV also has an annualCricket Ticket for $225.The Cricket Ticket includes a plethora of tours, including the current AUs in SA and WI in NZ and the ASHES. Basically anything played in Aus, SA, NZ, BD, SL is covered.
                          It's a great price for the amount of cricket shown.

                          With DirecTV you have also subscribe to some Asian channels like Star or something. They won't let you subscribe just cricket itself. As compare to Dish where you can just hook up a dish and subscribe for only Cricket PPV and don't have to subscribe any channel.
                          I grow in learning as I grow in age.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                            the cricket ticket is very clever, dishnetowrk should have introduced something like that! i wish i had direct, i mean all i would do is watch cricket! i guess dishnetwork didnt do their hw or else they would have battled for ashes! but i think direct has all rights to aussies! i cant wait, pak vs england will be good then the Ashes!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: DISH Gets Fox Reality, England Cricket

                              Originally posted by teaser
                              With DirecTV you have also subscribe to some Asian channels like Star or something. They won't let you subscribe just cricket itself. As compare to Dish where you can just hook up a dish and subscribe for only Cricket PPV and don't have to subscribe any channel.
                              Not exactly! You have to subscribe to Star plus and ONE ONLY if you want to take their FREE International dish installation offer. Actually, the Indian channels come out free if you take the offer.

                              It's the BEST deal for cricket lovers. Also, Directv will be showing Pakistan in Sri Lanka series in April and it's included in their annual cricket ticket price of $225...which also includes the Ashes later this year in Aus, the current Aus tour of South Africa, WI in NZ and many more. It's almost 120 days of cricket, which comes out less than $2 a day of watching cricket. Can't beat that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X