Post-Series Discussions (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-Series Discussions (Merged)

Two drop catches by bhatija Sami, both dollies. Granted Dhoni and Yuvraj played extremely well throughout their respective innings, from Pakistan's point of view, I will held Sami as the main culprit. Pathetic fielding, rubbish over-throws that resulted in boundaries, and ridiculous bowling display. Not to mention, the "supposed" cream of the crop Pakistani batsmen (Inzamam, Younis, Yousuf) failing to make a mark in this series, save for the last "Pride" match.

India has found a very valuable batsman, in the eyes of Mahendra Dhoni.

Re: Post-Series Discussion - Did Sami single-handedly throw the match away?

As much as I would like to blame Sami but its not true. He is not the sole reason. Our fielding just went from bad to worse and inexperience of Arafat (wanna be Razzaq) alongwith Sami's incredible talent showed at the end. Razzaq didnt fare any better either.
    The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

^^ he is not the sole reason but neither didnt he play like someone who got a call by PCB and who was literally playing tosave his career.......to me he was same old sami......nothing in the head.....just goes on top of his run mark turns--------and bowls.. whereever he asked not to bowl.

Comment

As much as i hate to admit, India has a very good oneday team. I mean look at their lineup...Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Pathan...etc etc...they have such powerful hitters...they can crush any team...they are serious contenders for this year's world cup...well played Team India
        Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

Congratulations to team India for a thrashing 4-1 victory. India outplayed Pakistan in all three departments. Yuvraj is the man for India. And the bowlers bowled quite well too.

Comment

^^ YOuvraj's 100 is one the best innings i have ever seen in my life, infact i dont think i have seen anyone play this many straight drives in an innings by anyone, not even by Sachin or Flaming who are known for their St.drives......Great fun to watch

Comment

Time to look for the scape goat. The bottom-line is, Indians outplayed us in every department and Pakistan threw way the series from the start. Start being first match and Shewag getting out by Asif. India made 300+ after that. Can you believe that? If it wasn't for d/l method, we were on our way to loose that match too. The pitches were dead and slow, including Karachi's. These wickets favor spinners because the bowl breaks but Indians are the best when it comes to playing spinners so Pakistan decided to play fast and medim pacers . The stragety, plan and everything Pakistan did during this series were suprsingly stupid. I did not expect us to play this bad.

Indian bowling prosper because it was straight and they used the morning conditions to take early wickets. Also, our batsmen never looked comfortable. They were struggling from the start and never seemed to settle in. Some gave away the wickets others just didn't made the impact that was needed. Pakistan lost too many early wickets while Indians first four batsmen chased down the score. That's how the series was played. If you look at the whole picture, it was Pakistan not Sami who lost the series and the match.

The team needs to do some serious soul searching. Everyone one

Comment

Pakistan One-Day Team: Post India Series Observations, comments, suggestions

.. here...
                You'll get nothing, and like it

Comment

India played very well. All credit to them. We need to regroup. I don't think we need to make any wholesale changes.

Comment

Indeed, India played very well on their part. Absolutely, I agree!

On the other hand, from Pakistan's side of things, we looked utterly hopeless after the first ODI. Our body language (starting straight from Inzamam), our field placings, our techniques that we utilized throughout, and our mindset, was completely tipped off-scale. Everything went wrong, against us, and from all four corners and in all three departments. The fact of the matter is, after the third ODI, that was when it actually mattered. That was the moment in history where we needed to re-group and be mentally strong. We let that moment slip by, and here we are, yet again, refusing to blame the appropriate personnel.

Comment

And again, Dravid steals the show with a nice interview at the presentation...gracious in thanking Inzi, Pak team, PCB and the crowds. Says he loves playing in Pak and would love to come back.

Inzi on the other hand, was once again incoherent with his words.

But I think Dravid said 'boyz' more than Inzi did.

Comment

Re: Post-Series Discussions (Merged)

Pakistan dont need to make wholesale changes at all.

- During last year when our batting top order combo of Salman, Akmal and Afridi were continuously firing all cylinders, we didnt have any problems winning matches against indians, westindians and England. But this series most of our batsmen went inexplicably out of form.

- Our bowling lacked firepower. Rana was so off the boil in whole series that it was sad. He spearheaded our bowling in one dayers amid absence of Shoaib and inconsistency of Sami. Hope he comes back to form during SL tour. As talented as Asif is, he is still a newbie in one day arena specially and can only improve. Specially today we lacked a genuine wicket-taker; Shoaib was injured and Afridi wasnt there to provide us with breakthroughs.

- I was generally glad to see improvements in our fielding starting from Australian tour but oh God in this series we were horrible to say the very least. Hope Bob sorts this department out.

In the end, I would say that we got a perfect nucleas. Just need not to let go our -never-say-die attitude which served us so well of late.
                        The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Well, over the years i have seen Pakistan loosing many times, but what i saw in the last 4 overs as i came home from work was really pathetic. I cannot remember when last time it was such a pathetic fielding.

Sami,

I would not like to see this F****** man again playing. How the **** he dropped the two catches and the back he was to do, it appeared to me he was doing it deliberately. May be he wanted the team to loose, coz he was dropped.
                          Grizzly bear

Comment

Credit to Indian sqaud for an awesome display of skillfull cricket. They showed that they had the hunger for victory. I have never doubted Yuvraj's ability as a player who can win matches for his side. Amazing talent who didn't get the chance to be a regular member of the Indian sqaud earlier, becasue of their stupid selection policies. Highly impressive bowling performance by all Indian bowlers.Hats off to Dravid for his inspirational captaincy.
                            Pakistan has done wonderfully well during the last 12 months excluding the last 2 weeks. Teams have bad patches in cricket and those who are talented and gifted knows how to come out of it. These players are talented enough to cope up with this situation.
                            Really need to work hard on our fielding as we have seen that the outcomes of couple of matches were definitely affected by our school boys level fielding. I guess we got the right dose before WC, to work on all 3 department and improve them.
                            And I don't know if it is too late for inzi to improve his captaincy skills but I guess we have to bear with him as a captain.
                            Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

By the way, Inzi yesterday was asked on Geo that how he felt when some of the players that played with him have been critical of his captaincy and he said

"main aap ko sachi baat bataoon, main sunta hi nahin koi kiya keh raha hai, mujhey pata hi nahin kis ney kiya kaha"
                              Grizzly bear

Comment

Working...
                              X