Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Captain - When & Who?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Captain - When & Who?

    Pakistan will need to have a new captain at some point as Inzmam is unlikely to continue playing after the 2007 world cup.

    Given the criticisms levelled at him for his leadership skills and tactical blunders on the field, when should be the right time to replace him as a captain:

    [a] Before the world cup - so that the new captain can be given experience and build for the world cup and beyond?

    [b] after the world cup ?

    If a new captain is appointed before the world up - is there a possibility that internal problems can occur within the team?

    Also if Inzmam does continue to be the captain till the world cup - the only chance of winning will be individual performaces from their star players to take game away from the opposition.

    However one the concerns along with others is Inzmams captaincy - making things happen for the team when things are not going right. A lot of the captains will out smart him and if it boils down to this than this could be Pakistans downfall.

    Therefore any opnions as to when new captain should be appointed and who it should be?
    Jokers + Cheaters + Fixers

    #2
    Re: New Captain - When & Who?

    In my opinion inzi deserve more than one "ODI" series to judge whether he must be replaced or not. I believe that every player must be accounted for the bad performance. After looking at this series, i concluded that there is lot of work to be done in rather than only replacing the captain. Pak Team need to work seriously on fielding, and bowling specially for ODI. Having a bowling coach is not a bad idea but as usual PCb will be almost the last board in the world of cricket to take any step in this regard. Shame on PCB having world's best bowlers, they are failed to take a profit from their talent which Imran khan discovered and polished lately. I'm talking about 2 W's. And last but not least, Specialist batsmen for special places, NO MORE experiments with non regulars.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: New Captain - When & Who?

      No need to worry about replacing captain. The team has gelled together very well due to Inzi's off field leadership, changing a captain will ruin all that good work and we will see a re-run of WC 99 or WC 03 where we had all the 'superstars' yet we choked.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: New Captain - When & Who?

        Yes, let Inzi stay untill WC 2007 and then allow YK to take over the reigns. He leads with passion and makes sound decisions. I cannot help to think that Inzi somehow would have screwed up the test match win in Karachi if he was not sdielined due to back injury.
        Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: New Captain - When & Who?

          come on man be paitent. its only 3 bad matches and u want captain changed. rather its good for the team before the world cup so that they can work things out well in advance.

          england after been beaten by Pakistan are still celebrating Ashes.

          Pakistan team is a good combination and i am sure boys will work things out soon.
          Allah humma lakal hamdo walakashukar....

          Comment


            #6
            Re: New Captain - When & Who?

            Originally posted by YaarKapoen
            In my opinion inzi deserve more than one "ODI" series to judge whether he must be replaced or not. I believe that every player must be accounted for the bad performance. After looking at this series, i concluded that there is lot of work to be done in rather than only replacing the captain. Pak Team need to work seriously on fielding, and bowling specially for ODI. Having a bowling coach is not a bad idea but as usual PCb will be almost the last board in the world of cricket to take any step in this regard. Shame on PCB having world's best bowlers, they are failed to take a profit from their talent which Imran khan discovered and polished lately. I'm talking about 2 W's. And last but not least, Specialist batsmen for special places, NO MORE experiments with non regulars.
            I don't want to derail the thread, but probably you can open a new thread and let me know how Imran discovered Akram. He polished him , yes, discovered him

            Comment


              #7
              Re: New Captain - When & Who?

              The reason Inzi is doing well off field is because he is the most senior player and well respected by junior players. If Younis Khan or any other junior player is made captain permenantly at this stage of his career, players senior than him will feel a bit hard done by (that unfortunately happens with our cricketers) and you will see semblence of factions creeping in again which thankfully have been well taken care of by Inzimam. Rememeber our players are still 'Boyz'

              So lets back Inzimam and hope for an improvement in his on-field tactics in coming matches.
              The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                Originally posted by Saby
                The reason Inzi is doing well off field is because he is the most senior player and well respected by junior players. If Younis Khan or any other junior player is made captain permenantly at this stage of his career, players senior than him will feel a bit hard done by (that unfortunately happens with our cricketers) and you will see semblence of factions creeping in again which thankfully have been well taken care of by Inzimam. Rememeber our players are still 'Boyz'

                So lets back Inzimam and hope for an improvement in his on-field tactics in coming matches.
                But there isnot many player senior than Younis except for Yoyo and Inzi...right?
                Its 5-0-1 in worldcup.
                Its good to be world champions again.
                And we though Aussies were invincible.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                  ^ Shoaib Akhtar, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, Mohammed Yousuf.... they all joined the squad around same time frame. I don't know how well Shoaib Akhtar gets alongwith Younis.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                    ^You mean there will be a coup de etat if Younis were to be made the Captain.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                      Younis Khan most likely will be replacing inzi. When? It depends when Inzi decides to quit. In the mean time Younis has to make sure that he performs consistently.
                      Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                        I think the best option to the Captain would be Kamran Akmal.

                        He has a great cricketing talent/mind, is young, consistent and only one in the team who will hold his place for sometime insha Allah.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                          Originally posted by HomiD
                          I think the best option to the Captain would be Kamran Akmal.

                          He has a great cricketing talent/mind, is young, consistent and only one in the team who will hold his place for sometime insha Allah.
                          Yep..ek yahi suggestion baaqi tha..
                          By chance, is he any relative, neighbor, Same city, Same school?
                          Its 5-0-1 in worldcup.
                          Its good to be world champions again.
                          And we though Aussies were invincible.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                            Inzi stays till WC 07. Younis takes over after that. Younis will make an excellent captain.
                            Yaad aaiy jo dard ki raat may, jis ki baat ho apni har baat may.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: New Captain - When & Who?

                              Hey fellow guppies,

                              I am very sad as all our team Pakistan lost to India in a no contest game really, in Multan. However, that's not the end of the world. People are talking about replacing Inzi and making Younis as the ODI team captain. I think one series is not a test for Inzi's captaincy. Inzi should be the captain till the WC 07 as any change to the captaincy can be a recipe to disaster for the Pak team.

                              No doubt, Pak has been playing some really bad Cricket but this is the same team that gave so many moments of happiness so no time to panic or lose hope. Inzi and his boyzz will definitely sort it out before the SL tour and not to forget, we got couple of injuries @ the wrong time as well.
                              Let's emotionally support our team and take them thru this steep time of losing. I am sure, inshAllah Pak will bounce back and they will look for their mistakes.

                              As far as Salman Butt is concerned, he's a really talented player but it happens that he loses his wicket in the same manner and not to forget that he's only 21yrs of age. He is a future star for our team and all he needs is emotional support. He definitely needs to work out things with Bob Woolmer esp. on his off side edging and we don't need to make huge changes in the batting order neither in the test arean nor in the one days bcz. this batting line up is capable of smashing any opponent. All we need is to back up our team and lets hope that they can win in Karachi and before the SL tour, can recollect and sort out their mistakes. Plz. not to forget that this team has given us big victories and let's not forget it. Inzamam hasn't been good as a captain but he's kept the team united and also in a great fighting spirit. So let's not lose hope and continue praying and supporting Pak team..

                              Umer579

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X