Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does our team lacks the ability ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does our team lacks the ability ......

...... to win a Test-Series + ODI-Series against a major opposition (not BD & ZIM) ...... on tour or at home

i started following Pakistan Team around WC '03 ...... so can't say much about what was before .......

As far as i know ...
    ... Nov./Dec. 2002 won both series In Zim (2 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    ... Dec./Jan. 2002/2003 lost both series to SA in SA (2 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    ... Sep./Oct. 2003 won both series vs. BD at Home (3 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    ... Oct./Nov. 2003 won Test-Series, Lost ODI-Series vs. SA at Home(2 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    ... Dec./Jan. 2003/2004 won Test-Series, Lost ODI-Series vs. NZ away (2 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    ... Mar./APR. 2004 Lost both series vs. IND at home (3 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    ... Oct./Nov. 2004 Drew Test.Series vs. SL and lose ODI-Final at Home (2 Test with ODI-triangular with ZIM the 3rd participant)
    ... Dec./Jan. 2004/2004 Lost Test-Series and ODI-Finals in AUS (3 Test, ODI-Triangular with WI 3rd participant)
    ... Mar./APR. 2005 Drew Test-Series and won ODI-Series in IND (3 Test, 6 ODIs)
    ... Mai./Jun. 2005 Won ODI-Series and Drew Test-Series in WI (3 ODIs, 2 Tests)
    Nov./Dec 2005 Won both series at home vs. ENG (3 Tests, 5 ODIs)
    Jan./Feb. 2006 Won Test-Series and lost ODI-Series at Home vs. IND (3 Tests, 5 ODIs)

Maybe i've forgotten a series do please correct me in this case ...... but as i see it we've won Test + ODI series against ENG at home and before that it was 3 years back in Nov 2002 against ZIM in ZIM shortly before the WC '03

Is it the commitment over a long tour , the intensity or lack of it , mentaly tired players, too much ODIs inbetween full tours/series , too much of cricket also off the field (e.g. video analysis, Coachs speeches, Captains Speeches, Interviews to different Media) ????

Re: Why does our team lacks the ability ......

To be fair, Pakistan team since long long time as i remember has never had any convincing victory abroad against good teams. If at all we performed well, it has been against the weak teams like NZ or out two bunnies Ind and Eng.

Batting has been a major problem for us always. We ought to make supporting pitches, where Btasmen can learn to negotiate speed and swing early on in there careers. Otherwise we will always be number 3, 4 or 5.
    Grizzly bear

Comment

do u expect pakistan do be in form all the time c'mon we had to lose sometime
      we lost the series theres nothing we can do about it
      :.:.:Pakistan Zindabad:.:.:

Comment

Pakistan when injury free is the second best ODI team. You will see it in next eight months. However we are improving in TESTS and that what matters the most. Remember, Ind, Pak, Eng and Saffies are all very close and we will continue to see these kinds of win and loss to each other for next year or so. The real picture will emerge after the WC07, when all the Buddha party (ponting, warnie and co,inzi, Lara, Ganguly, JayaSuriya) retire.
        charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
        zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

so true...when the indians make fun of pakistan losing all i will say is we didnt have our best team
          we did againest england and look what we done to them
          btw who will u b sporting india or england
          4 me is england 4 obvious reasons
          :.:.:Pakistan Zindabad:.:.:

Comment

Originally posted by Iconoclast
            .................... out two bunnies Ind and Eng.

..... We ought to make supporting pitches, ....
            did you mean sporting pitches .......
            He was a self made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.
            - Author on Cargill in 'Catch 22'

Comment

Originally posted by maihu_don
              did you mean sporting pitches .......
              yes, pitches should be sporting and maintain according to strength of home team, nothing wrong with it, that's called home advantage.

Comment

Working...
              X