RANKINGS

irfan pathan is there no
    abdul razzaq
    shahid afridi
    shoaib malik

i bet gavaskar made this decision
    :.:.:Pakistan Zindabad:.:.:

Re: RANKINGS WTF

And rightfully, yes. Irfan demonstrated his skills plentiful during the previous Lankan and Pakistan test series that he is an all-rounder (at least at this point in time), hence the placement in the list.

----------------

On another note, me thinks tees karoor rupees are missing from the Indian treasury department.
    Last edited by dhobi_bhai; Feb 13, 2006, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Yea, Irfan's been pretty dependable for India lately, while the same can't be said for Afridi and gang.

Comment

Originally posted by dhobi_bhai
        And rightfully, yes. Irfan demonstrated his skills plentiful during the previous Lankan and Pakistan test series that he is an all-rounder (at least at this point in time), hence the placement in the list.
        --------------------
        besides this for some time now, he is most consistant and reliable indian batsman .....
        He was a self made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.
        - Author on Cargill in 'Catch 22'

Comment

Originally posted by cheetah

irfan pathan is there no
          abdul razzaq
          shahid afridi
          shoaib malik

i bet gavaskar made this decision
          don't worry bhaijan. I'll create a alU Rounder list and guess who'll top that one?

Comment

well this is test ranking

Comment

I think Razzaq definitely needs to be in that list...Need to get Vettori out of there...
              When life hands you a lemon make nimbu paani!!

Comment

when did vertorri scored 50

Comment

which ranking is this?malik is at no. 4 in ODI allrounders ranking n pathan at no.5
                  ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

its the icc official 1
                    r there any pakistani's in the icc
                    :.:.:Pakistan Zindabad:.:.:

Comment

Pathan improved his batting and he deserves to be there. But at least one of the 3 regular Pak all-rounders (Afridi, Malik, Razzaq) deserved to be there. And PCB must try to reserve a place for 2 emerging Pak all-rounders (Rana and Akhter).

Anyway I guess Bret Lee is going to top this list shortly. (He has improved dramatically with his bat (though I doubt it), he is the fastest bowler in Aus, and is declared an all-rounder. He can easily score 10-20 runs per innings.) Symonds will (also) find his position in danger I guess.

Comment

Re: RANKINGS

bla blabla ....simple fact is Pathan has higher edge in bowling over Afridi and others listed than Afridi and others have over Pathan in batting.

Plus it's only been short time .... time will tell but by the time it tells, who cares anyway!

Comment

Well, I guess the point is not whether Irfan is a better all-rounder than Afridi or whoever. But more importantly, what criteria is ICC using to filter out all off world's all-rounders to a grand total of 5. On their website (ICC or LG) I am not sure if they disclose what's the criteria for being considered an "all rounder". Is there? Whats it?
                          "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Pathan is ranked 4th as an all rounder not as a bowler.

In the top 10 we have 3 batsmen, thats something to be proud of. Neither India or Australia has 3 in the Top 10. [http://www.cricketratings.com]

Batsmen
                            1 Ricky Ponting AUS
                            2 Jacques Kallis SA
                            3 Brian Lara WI
                            4 Matthew Hayden AUS
                            5 Inzamam-ul-Haq PAK
                            6 Rahul Dravid IND
                            7 Younis Khan PAK
                            8 Mohammad Yousuf PAK
                            9 Virender Sehwag IND
                            10 Marcus Trescothick ENG

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
                              Well, I guess the point is not whether Irfan is a better all-rounder than Afridi or whoever. But more importantly, what criteria is ICC using to filter out all off world's all-rounders to a grand total of 5. On their website (ICC or LG) I am not sure if they disclose what's the criteria for being considered an "all rounder". Is there? Whats it?
                              Yes there is a criteria .It can be debated if it is flowed or not.
                              Basically they have very scientific way of ranking bastman and bowlers where total rankign point is based on following criterias.

1. Most recent performance is given higher weightage.
                              2. Quality of opposition also plays major role. A hunderd against AUS will give you mor epoint than a hundred against Bangadesh.
                              3. Pitch condition plays a big role. A hunder is a game where evey lalu has scored a hundered doesnt give you to many points. But a hundred in a game where no one scored a 50 will give you high points.
                              4. Out / Not out plays major role.
                              5. For bowlers wickets/run conceded plays big role.

Now coming to All rounder ranking... I think it is calculated by multiplaying Your Batting rating with bowling rating. So if you are very good in batting then it covers up for your weak bowing record. This is the reason Kallis is still a top ranked all rounder.
                              Its 5-0-1 in worldcup.
                              Its good to be world champions again.
                              And we though Aussies were invincible.

Comment

Working...
                              X