2nd ODI after match discussion..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd ODI after match discussion..

Ok, what went wrong. Apart from (Inzi not addmiting) but as Woolmer admitted, they misread the pitch. That is one issue. But not a huge one.

I think where it really went wrong was:
    • as usual misfielding
    • dropping catch
    • the runouts
    • and many wrong decisions taken by Inzi during the match
    He could have brough in Shoaib Malik to the attack a lot earlier, and why was Asif not brough back when he still had 6 overs remaining? Is he saving those overs for the next match or what? Why keep hammering with Arshad khan.

Ok, maybe in the end, Pak still would have lost but not with such a huge margin.

Conclusion: Inzi is not a good Captain!

Re: 2nd ODI after match discussion..

haha, you seems very angry. I guess too much experimenting, but good day for India. I hope they will stop crying now. Hopefully full squad will be back.

Comment

Inzi was a good captain as long they were winning and now all of a sudden he is not just b/c they lost!?

Comment

I never said he is a good captain, even when they win.

he's always chewing gum, seems has nothing much to say what happens on the field, and at such critial times as today then it really comes to show how good a captain he really is!

Comment

well I think he is a good captain

who would u prefer then?

Comment

I'd prefer a more active Inzi on the field and one who takes wise decisions :halo:

Well, Younis Khan does well.

Comment

I cant comment further since I didn't watch a match

Comment

Well it would be unfair to judge his overall leadership from just this one loss in ODI. But in this one he was definitely subpar.

Even with 70/4 at one point, we still made 265 runs which in my opinion looked very defendable. Our bowlers didnt seem to have killer instincts today and fielding (as usual) was horrible. But credit should go to the Indian batsmen as well who played patiently and skillfully today.
                I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Inzi's problem is that he is super-superstitious and that is the reason behind using Arshad Khan because he believes if he changes the super sub it might backfire or may not go as planned and he also believes that since arshad khan was supersub in the last match, which we won - out come of this match would be the same. Nothing serious just some superstitious at play....

Personally, I would like to see Arshad Khan disappear somewhere in HinduKush and never come back. He is useless and a waste when it comes to having a super-sub. I am not saying we lost the match because of him... having him as a super-sub just makes things more frustrating.

Some one also needs to ***** slap MoYO ... this rascal thinks he is too fast, ehy?
                  Last edited by ehsan; Feb 11, 2006, 08:29 AM.

Comment

It was stupid to start the match without any fast bowler, even in Peshawar where Pak won on D/L. If Shoaib Akhter is not available then Sami must be playing regardless of any sort of performances from medium pacers. We already have 2 excellant Rs of medium pace in Rana & Razzaq. No need to start with 5-6 medium pacers. Drop either Razzaq or Rana and include Gul or any other, instead of Sami or Akhter. Similarly there are 2 good options available for spin in Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik,and Arshad Khan is totally useless. Put a bat instead even if Sami and Akhter have problems.

Comment

Biggest problem with Inzi is that his preconceived notions are hard to displace. On the basis of just the last 2 ODIs at Rawalpindi, Pakistan made up their minds that this was a slow turning pitch where the ball would keep low and 250 would be a good score. Dravid was saying all along that the wicket was not too different from Peshawar. Guess who was right?

So by misreading the pitch you take wrong decision at the toss. Indian bowlers were under pressure and what do Pakistan do? They give them the best of the conditions and the opportunity to ease the pressure by making the Indian batsmen win the game for India rather than their bowlers.

Then the team selection. Again, a reluctance to change an age old formula. Granted Arshad has a had a couple of good games as supersub but that does not make him an automatic super sub selection for every match. In the end Pakistan look like fools playing an extra 3rd spinner when turn was non-existent.

Bowling wise, after giving away 328 runs we haven't changed much. Unlike Pakistan, Indians capitalise on the power plays and feast on our erratic bowling. Not to mention extras galore.

Batting was disappointing. Can you pinpoint even ONE batsman that was actually dismissed by the bowler rather than his own stupidity. Then 4 runouts which is becoming quite a problem for Pakistan. Inzi again soft dismissal. He doesn't look fit and was wincing after every pull shot. Why is he playing if he isn't fit? Akmal isn't convincing as an opener.
                      who stole the sun from the sky

Comment

Here is my take on a entertaining, yet disappointing Pakistani loss:

- Pakistan lacked Shoaib Akthar. Akthar has been missed in both ODI's so far. I am unsure of the inclusion of Umar Gul at this point in time and the exclusion of Sami. The team is lacking pace. After Akthar, only Sami could clock 145-150 k's. Asif and Rana were good choices because of their varying styles of bowling. However, Gul in my view does not deserve a spot just yet. He was belted in the first ODI, and once again in this one. Sami may be very indisciplined, but may infact have caused some havoc amongst indian batsman simply due to his speed.

- Poor judgement. From run-out's to the selection/usage of bowlers at the correct times. We cannot blame everything on the captain. The bowlers must take it upon themselves to set proper fields. Singles and 2's were coming very easily.

- Hats off to Malik to make this a contest. He also bowled well.

- Mis-use of Afridi. AGAIN. Afridi is a crisis man. He should have come after all batsman. He should have been left to play the final 10 overs and thus should have been brought after Razzaq and maybe even Rana. When the side is losing quick wickets, afridi is the last person to bring in, as he does not stablize the batting.

- Pakistan have done well in chasing as of late, but yet Inzi chooses to bat.

- Lack of agression (bowlers, batsman, fieldsman). Every player (with the exception of maybe Malik and at times Asif), lacked agression. The bowlers had no spark and were bowling as if they were bowling to Bangladesh. These are superb batsman. Bowling anything short and especially with some width will be punished, regardless of who you are as a bowler. The fieldsman lacked jump, and at times it looked like as if they were just throwing themselves around for absolutely no reason (diving on boundaries with no success numerous times).

- Field placings were HORRIBLE. The Indians saved runs numerous times stopping runs on the off side. There was a point where Malik and Younis were repeatedly stopped for runs because of no gaps on the off-side.

Ok, enough from me.

Nizar

Comment

Inzi again soft dismissal. He doesn't look fit and was wincing after every pull shot. Why is he playing if he isn't fit?
                          Agree, this what i was saying in another thread. It seemed he was limping and had some problem in the right foot. Throughout the time pakistan were fielding i did not see him running even once(i watched half of indian innings thoug).

I dunno may be he thinks that team is winning he wants to be seen as captain of the winning team! If so this is plain stupid.

Arshad Khan is mediocre.
                          Grizzly bear

Comment

I agree with most of what you guys have said...
                            Bowling first is always a better option in Pakistan. The first hour is the only help bowlers can expect. You can chase 400 on Pakistani wickets if batsmen get themselves in. Batting second because the pitch would 'turn' is the stupidest hope one could have.

As for the supersub, I don't think Sami is that bad of an option that you don't even consider him for that spot.

I think Afridi's gamble over Razzak was the right one. He is a capable batsman & should have played for the team..capitalized on the remaining 15 overs. He is an idiot. Enough said.

Comment

Tumhi hi sub log dou din pehle mujhe rounda kehta thai.

Aab ker lou baat

:bhangra:

Aur next odi ke liye:insha:

Jao jao Chillu bher pani mein doub maro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X