Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inzamam Obstructing the Field (all merged including video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inzamam Obstructing the Field (all merged including video)

Inzamam Obstructing the Field

Inzi becomes the 2nd Pakistani (after Rameez Raja) to be given out for obstructing the field. The video contains the offending play, Inzi's reaction in the pavilion and the post-match ceremony. Enjoy!

http://www.justupit.com/a14d1c0f0adb...0f9c39e9619965
    (640x480, WMV, 2 mins 25 secs, 23.1 MB)

Inzamam's bizarre dismissal

Pakistan v India, 1st ODI, Peshawar
    Inzamam's bizarre dismissal
    Kanishkaa Balachandran
    February 6, 2006

Inzamam-ul-Haq is only the third batsman to be dismissed obstructing the field in ODIs. Rameez Raja was the first, against England at Karachi in 1987-88. He suffered the agony of being dismissed on 99, when he hit the ball with his bat to avoid being run out while attempting a second run to complete his hundred off the final ball of the match. Mohinder Amarnath was the second, when he kicked the ball away from the bowler to prevent being run out, against Sri Lanka at Ahmedabad in 1989-90.

When Sachin Tendulkar reached 91, he became the first batsman to go past the 14,000-run mark in ODIs. Click here for the list of highest run-getters in ODIs.

India's total of 328 is the highest at Peshawar, beating the previous best of 296 for 4 by England against Sri Lanka in the1987 World Cup.

The partnership of 151 between Salman Butt and Shoaib Malik is the highest for the second-wicket at Peshawar, going past the earlier record of 94 between Sachin Tendulkar and Irfan Pathan in the same match.

Salman Butt is another Pakistan batsman who relishes the Indian bowling, having scored all his three ODI centuries against them. His average against India stands at 63.42. However, he has been found wanting against other teams, averaging just 24.94.
    Kanishkaa Balachandran is editorial assistant of Cricinfo. For some stats he was helped by Arun Gopalakrishnan
    Cricinfo

Comment

Re: Inzamam's bizarre dismissal

well well wht a person
      He likes to be funny with his words and run outs i think he was not blocking the ball i think he was saving himself and tht happened very quickly tht didnt recognize wht he was doing but the law suggest he was out
      Inzi Tum kaab baray hoo gaye

Comment

"Yeah, I can't understand the rule because in Faislabad, we lefts the ball and I am out and now stop the ball is I am out I don't know what's the exact rule, I don't why can't understand the rule" - Exact words of Inzamam during post-match ceremony.

Had to stop and re-take several times after all the "is's". Thankfully, "the boyzzz" didn't come into play here, as usually expected.

Comment

what is the exact rule?
          "The sky is my dome and the earth is my prayer mat"
          - - -
          "Verily the ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr"

Comment

Point of View

Pakistan's Victroy in the First one day... ...

I could not see the inzi's dismissal and the end of the game, but now that I have seen it.. my thougts:

The way inzimam was given out and the way indians showed desperation for the wicket, even though it was according to law... I think Pakistan threw the answering slap right at their face when asked for the light..

You took away one wicket cheaply, we take away the whole game away from you.
            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

^ That you can't play French cricket in the middle of the pitch.
              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Re: Point of View

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                we take away the whole game away from you.
                An 'away' too many. Thanks for the valuable insight. More thanks for starting a separate thread for it. The others were getting pretty nauseating with all that Indians running around unchecked.
                "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

thanX. that was the precise reason to open a fresh thread, until otherwise and not to mention unless a mod feels the otherway.
                  Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Hey fellow Guppies;

It was really amazing watching Inzi being out in that fashion. I couldn't understand his dismissal for the first minute as I thought he was run out. Believe men, I was stunned for the first instant as what in the world was Indian team appealing for!!

Anyways, in my opinion, Inzi didn't do it intentionally but the bat came like a defense against his body. Now, in Cricketing terms, he wasn't preventing his body but the throw from striking the wicket. Not only that, Indian team had the right to appeal and umpire Simon Taufel consulted with umpire Asad Rauf to declare Inzi out. The crowd went silent and I was also upset about the spirit it produced for the remaining ODIs.

It was interesting after Inzi got out that he consulted the umpires and he might be reprimanded for doing that even though he was just asking about his decision. But, let's face it. It was given out rightly and Pak team would have done the same had it been the opposition batting. The Inzi dismissal was always the key but it was Allah's will for Pak to win...

Umer579

Comment

I wonder if some Indian guppy has posted something like, Younis and Rana's decision to take umpire light offer was against the 'spirit' of the game
                      Well it was according to the rules of the game, just like inzi's wicket.
                      Last edited by fkhan2; Feb 7, 2006, 09:25 PM.
                      Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Ok i still don't get it. What exactly are you supposed to do when something like that happens? You just run into the ball chest first or something?
                        Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

Comment

^ just make sure you are grounded behind the popping crease and don't play the ball with your bat. As a matter of fact, Inzi would still be out OTF even if he was within the crease. A batsman at no point should interfere with the field. He only gets ONE chance to hit the ball per delivery.

Comment

Inzi not knowing about this rule is pretty shocking. He's played over 300 ODI's and 100 Tests. There is no excuse for such ignorance.
                            who stole the sun from the sky

Comment

skhan, it's no surprise that the only other two OTF in ODIs are also from the sub continent - Ramiz Raja on 99 and Mohinder Amarnath.
                              I don't think desi cricketers ever read the 42 laws of cricket or the ten ways of getting out. Specially, a captain should be well versed with those laws inside out.

Comment

Working...
                              X