Dravid The Humble Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dravid The Humble Man

Brahmachari99, Younis Khan though a pathan/pakhtun but he comes from Karachi as he trained/played there.

Comment

Originally posted by fartguru
      Rahul Dravid, a thorough gentleman, decent, honest and sensible enough to know what to say and what not to say. My favorite Indian player.

Inzimam, Multan ki chiknee matti, no matter how much water (knowledge) is poured, it simply slides away. Guys like Wasim Akram, Waqar Yunus belong to extremely humble backgrounds, but made it a point to improve their communication skills and with the grace of God these guys are making an earning with these acquired skillsets. Inzimam who belongs to a much better background is a product of the Javed Miandad school of though (Zia ul Haq legacy), likho gey parho gey bunogay kharab, khelo gey kuddo gey bunnogay nawab. It was this new generation which chose not to educate themselves or improve their basic knowledge of other cultures and always maintained that education is not important for professional cricketers. I beg to differ. Problem with Inzi is the peer group captains like Rahul make him look like an idiot when it comes to cameras and interviews, simply becose these guys have a much better level of education and ability to absorb ideas when travelling on tours, unlike Inzi who refuses to budge from his Multani matti.

Ramiz started his interview in Urdu, it was Inzi's ratta hua statement which made him speak in english, now that tells u that the guy is not smart enough to change his tactics when opportunity arises and is too dependent upon his age old methods and there can be no compromise. We have a saying for that "Tight assed buffoon".
      Excellent post, and completely agree!

Comment

Dravid is the best batsman and probably the nicest guy in the Indian team. Hopefully for India, the captaincy won't burden his batting.

Comment

i didnt understand y inzi started off in english...urdu is ur language...be proud of it...and more over, the players can give better insights in urdu...and its just unjust to embarass them by asking them ques in english when they cant speak it...i mean how wud the aussies feel if they were asked ques in urdu...or afrikaans for that matter after playing brillinatly...

as long wat the captains/players say is insightful...it doesnt matter wat lingo...i mean look at beckham...he talks in english...but his talk is all crap cuz hes a dumb lil shyt...similarly rio ferdinand (although im a man utd fan...wen rio talks its just agghhh how thick is this guy!!)

Comment

Maybe they can make Faisal Iqbal their press spokeman, I saw his first ever interview on TV and he spoke english and did very well, unlike most of the newcomers in team Pakistan.

Comment

^ I hear Salman Butt is good with English too.

Comment

^-- well, then Salman would be a better candidate since he is not doing well with the bat anyway and give the chance to bat to Faisal Iqbal.

Comment

^ do you mean Faisal Iqbal to open?

Comment

No

Comment

i don't know why everybody is so obsessed with english abilities.

english is not the only language in which a person can be articulate, insightful, charismatic, etc., etc.

Inzi is just as dull and lifeless in urdu interviews....i don't think english skills make a difference.

i haven't seen many Dravid interviews in hindi, but i would assume he'd be just as good as he is in english.

Comment

^ I agree, I have no clue why people get embarrassed when our captain is not able to speak a second language.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1
                          ^ I agree, I have no clue why people get embarrassed when our captain is not able to speak a second language.
                          Captain1 Bhai,

The embrassment is not at his disablity of communicating in English, but at his making a fool out of himself whenever he makes an attempt to speak English.

I would say just speak in Urdu, why in gods name would he need to answer a question asked by Rameez in Urdu, in his tooti footi English.

Aejaz

Comment

^ and why in the earth would you speak in urdu/hindi when you can't do justice with it?

acha anyways, however English Inzi speaks, it's none of anybody's business.

Inzi expresses himself just fine when he gives Urdu interviews. Nikhil, I don't know what you are talking about. Match ceremonies is a different story, not everyone is a good public speaker. Big deal.
                            keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come

Comment

Originally posted by ~TaNhAyAaN~
                              ^ and why in the earth would you speak in urdu/hindi when you can't do justice with it?

acha anyways, however English Inzi speaks, it's none of anybody's business.

Inzi expresses himself just fine when he gives Urdu interviews. Nikhil, I don't know what you are talking about. Match ceremonies are a different story, not everyone is a good public speaker. Big deal.
                              Tanhayan baaji,

Are you talking to me in your opening statement of your above post

Mohtarma maine bhi tou wohi kaha hai jou aap daura rahi hai, Yes stick to Urdu!!!, Iman se Ladkiya pehle likhti hai aur phir padhti hai.

Comment

Jee I was. See, I don't think you speak good Urdu. Does it make a difference to you? You will still speak it to get your point across.

I also don't think anyone should tell Inzi to stick to Urdu, he will speak whatever he wants.
                                keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come

Comment

Working...
                                X