Dravid The Humble Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dravid The Humble Man

Call it a language barrie or whatever but Pakistani captains need to learn how to talk to the media people from Rahul Dravid. When Pakistan visited India last year Ganguly was the captain but in the last couple of ODI's he had to sit out due to slow over rate in the previous games and Dravid was the captain. Pakistan won the match and series, Inzamam came and muttered a few words here and there, priased his "boyz" and left. Dravid came, didnt offer an excuse for the defeat just told the honest truth that Pakistan played better cricket but in the end he thanked the Pakistan cricket team for coming to India, congratulated them on their victory and then went on to thank the crowd for their support.

Yet again yesterday at the presentation ceremoney he was called, he said he was satisfied with the efforts and commitement within the ranks, congratulated Pakistan on their victory and thanked the crowd again. Heck even Younis Khan thanked the crowd when he came to recieve the MOS award. Inzamam needs to learn these things as well, thanking the crowd, putting in a few words for the other teams, thanks to the visiting team for their visit etc. I am sure if Inzi can praise the "boyz" in English then he sure as hell can rehearse a few other lines as well like thanking the crowd etc.

I was personally very impressed when Dravid did that when Pakistan visited India, it came as a warm and welcome gesture and I was even more pleasently surprised when he thanked the crowd yesterday. I am not sure if it's just the language barrier though. Inzi has given some interviews in Urdu as well and he never really pays attention to anything besides his "boyz". Even Younis would be a better person to handle the media, plus if it's such a huge deal then hire a damn media manager who can give statements on behalf of the team or the captain but I really think when teams are visitng Pakistan we need to show more hospitality in front of the media in appreciating their efforts, I think it would picture a good image for people who have never been to Pakistan.

Re: Dravid The Humble Man

I absolutely echo your sentiments. Great first post!

To tell you the truth, I was very much impressed with the fluent English speaking skills of Rahul Dravid, as he seemed very mature and full-fledged in his analysis in praising Pakistani team, and of course, supporting the crowd as well. The way he produced and composed his thoughts quickly and delivered in the most efficient manner possible was another treat to watch. Simply brilliance!

And as far as handling media, I don't understand the reason why Inzamam prefered to gave the interview in English, while the Man-Of-The-Match and Man-Of-The-Series gave their individual ones in Urdu. If anything, the captain should have given his interview in Urdu as well, praising the crowd, and also the opposing team on their continued efforts.

Comment

Dravid surely did a great interview at the conclusion of the test series.

May be Inzi is holding his comments for the end of ODI'swhen Indiais about toleave. Inzi has another chance...let's hope he comes prepared.

Comment

Ratta-fied sentences se bahar ayay ga tau Inzi kuch aur bolay ga na. I think he is afraid that if he gets away from scripted sentences he is gonna make a fool of himself.

I don't get why TV crews insist on interviewing him after every match/victory. Just replay what he said in the last game. Its always the same, anyway.
        "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

I was happy to see him thank the crowd... that was special.
          Dravid just knows how to win our hearts; his interview was fantastic. He gave full credit and admitted their flaws, which is tough for any captain, let alone an Indian captain vs. Pakistan.
          Life is not a joke, but a life without jokes is a cruel joke of life

Comment

Much has been said and 'sur peetaoo' in the past over this.
            This camel will not allow a rider on its back.
            *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
            Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

dravid is one hell of a gentleman.... my all time favorite cricketer by all means.....no one comes close to him the way he carries himself.....india is simply lucky to have this man.....

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
                Ratta-fied sentences se bahar ayay ga tau Inzi kuch aur bolay ga na.
                That reminded me of this one particular phrase we used to throw at during examinations period (in Pakistan).

"Ratta-fication is the best qualification in the examination".

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
                  Ratta-fied sentences se bahar ayay ga tau Inzi kuch aur bolay ga na. I think he is afraid that if he gets away from scripted sentences he is gonna make a fool of himself.

I don't get why TV crews insist on interviewing him after every match/victory. Just replay what he said in the last game. Its always the same, anyway.
                  I have seen Inzi on Captain's Corner (GEO program) ... He does really well, which makes me wonder why Ramiz talks to him in English. Actually, Ramiz should speak only Urdu to all Pakistani players... that gets the most out of them. Its really unfair for the players to play such a great game and then get embarrassed in front of the whole world just cuz they can't speak a second language. They all have some thoughts that they wanna share but it just hurts to see that they can't bring it out in English. I saw Asif's Interview, which was excellent. He talked in Urdu and gave great insights.
                  Life is not a joke, but a life without jokes is a cruel joke of life

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Genius
                    I have seen Inzi on Captain's Corner (GEO program) ... He does really well, which makes me wonder why Ramiz talks to him in English. Actually, Ramiz should speak only Urdu to all Pakistani players... that gets the most out of them. Its really unfair for the players to play such a great game and then get embarrassed in front of the whole world just cuz they can't speak a second language. They all have some thoughts that they wanna share but it just hurts to see that they can't bring it out in English. I saw Asif's Interview, which was excellent. He talked in Urdu and gave great insights.

Comment

WHat a man this guy is, absolute sportsman and gentleman! its hard to root against people like dravid (well not really without him getting out we cant win) but its hard to belive he is an indian, totally opposite to their entire population. Humble! His parents should always hold their head high!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazba_pk
                        WHat a man this guy is, absolute sportsman and gentleman! its hard to root against people like dravid (well not really without him getting out we cant win) but its hard to belive he is an indian, totally opposite to their entire population. Humble! His parents should always hold their head high!!
                        Dravid is a gentelman. can we leave it at that.
                        I am shocked at the sheer hatered some of you show here in generalizing anything to say that India and Indians are most horrible thing on this earth..........

Comment

Originally posted by Rahul67
                          Dravid is a gentelman. can we leave it at that.
                          I am shocked at the sheer hatered some of you show here in generalizing anything to say that India and Indians are most horrible thing on this earth..........
                          He's a great guy Dravid........
                          Though I wanted to make a point on the other half of JAzba's statment......
                          Anyone remember after we lost to India in the WC '03 match. The entire India team booed Waqar Younis after the match only because he was Pakistans captain.
                          Well you see in contrast yesterday the Pakistani crowd cheered Dravid even though he was the Indian captain.
                          I dont want to imply anything, but its plain as daylight to see.

Comment

Yesterday, Ramiz asked Inzi a ques in Urdu but Inzi kept talking in English or whatever the hell he speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by funguy
                              Yesterday, Ramiz asked Inzi a ques in Urdu but Inzi kept talking in English or whatever the hell he speaks.
                              inzi's english is fine, i hate people like u man, who have an inferiority complex, try putting on any baseball game and listen 2 those dominicnas and other latins. who gives a shyt n e way! damn man!

Comment

Working...
                              X