1982: A Reverse Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982: A Reverse Story

As much as I read about this second test in National Stadium Karachi won by pakistan against India in 1982, I feel to grab the video from anywhere possible in the world...

Pakistan 452 (Zaheer 186, Mudassar 119, Kapil 5-107) beat India 169 (Kapil 73, Qadir 4-67) and 197 (Vengsarkar 79, Imran 8-60) by an innings and 86 runs

Cricinfo refers to it as "The Birth of the reverse swing"

My cricket career (as a fan & Mohalla Cricket) started in around 1984... around 1982, I had barely started going to school and do not remember much about it... Too bad I missed that with couple of years....

anyway, so who's got a hold on this game video.. preferably Windows Media Video or the like :-P

The last couple of lines of the article read:

With useful contributions from Imran and Wasim Bari, Pakistan ended up with 452. India stayed in the battle for a couple of hours, after which it was all Imran.

and yes thanks for contributing to my earlier conquest of 1992 worldcup semi final
    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Re: 1982: A Reverse Story

Let me know if your able to get ur hands on the video? I would want one too.
    "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

Well, I guess you were born a couple of years too late. Watching Imran run in from a long runup and deliver those banana shaped deliveries was a sight for the sore eyes. Too bad the TV coverage around that time wasn't too great. India had no answer to Imran, Zaheer Abbas, and Mudassar Nazar. Zaheer was hitting a century or a double century almost every game, and Mudassar was doing the same. Imran took I think 40 wickets in that series. It was after this series where Imran had the shin injury and had to play the 1983 World Cup only as a batsman.

Comment

sounds like an awesome watch... so lemme reinforce Anwaar bhai's request... pretty please is someone has it / knows where to get it etc., please let us know.
        For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

The famous Imran Spell in that match - where he literally bammbboozzalledd the batsmen

The famous Vishwanath delivery - Vishu had ohhh so elegently left the ball - going OUTSIDE off stump - bat high in the air - only to watch the ball swing almost 3 FEET

stumps knocked right out of the ground
          If every country in the world is in debt
          Where the hell did all the money go !!

Comment

no one has it?
            Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Actually...i got one delivery from the match, The famous Vishwanath delivery.

Its an animated giff, btw. Let me know if anyone needs it
              "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

I have that too

I think Cheegum had shared it before...

Comment

Imran bowled two such spells during that series. I saw both of them live, and then recorded them on VCR and ultimately saved them carefully in my memory. Now I am replaying them as I type this. Ah wonderful stuff!!!

Sorry, can't share those with you guys
                  "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

^

make a WMV file and share

Comment

No. That technology is still not available. Tough luck guys!
                      "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Allah karaY Reel hee tooT jaaYe

that technology is very much available :halo:

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
                          No. That technology is still not available. Tough luck guys!
                          abb mujhe yeqeen ho geya hai ke aap abhi bhi Win 3.11 use karr rahe heiN !

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=184675
                          For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

yaar Umer talib: Faisal was talking about his memory... VCR part was back in pakistan...

Comment

Originally posted by Umar Talib
                              abb mujhe yeqeen ho geya hai ke aap abhi bhi Win 3.11 use karr rahe heiN !

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/showthread.php?t=184675
                              Aur mujhay yaqeen ho giya hai, ke aap apnay thesis mein itnay busy hein ke app ko post sahi tarha parhnay ka time hi nahi mila!

Comment

Working...
                              X