Ashes 2005-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashes 2005-06

So off season has started for Pak team and hopefully we can discuss something other than Shoaib Akhtar . Here is one such attempt!

I am quite excited about this year's ashes. English media always plays up English chances before each series and this year is no different but past seasons and new rankings confirm that this english Team is indeed the second best one in the business right now and I hope they kick some aussie behind in the forthcoming series. English pace attack is quite comparable with aussie one withthe likes of Harmison, Jones, Hoggard and Flintoff who IMO can be the difference this time around.
    The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Re: Ashes 2005-06

aray saby bhai, aik din to Pakistan ki jeet enjoy kernay do. ashes washes ke liye abhi bohat din paray hain.

Comment

England will be humiliated 0-5.

Take my word for it.

English media tends to hype up their team before every ashes series, and they get spanked really badly every time.

Comment

^ nope this will be good ashes after many years
        Allah humma lakal hamdo walakashukar....

Comment

Originally posted by Saby
          So off season has started for Pak team and hopefully we can discuss something other than Shoaib Akhtar . Here is one such attempt!

I am quite excited about this year's ashes. English media always plays up English chances before each series and this year is no different but past seasons and new rankings confirm that this english Team is indeed the second best one in the business right now and I hope they kick some aussie behind in the forthcoming series. English pace attack is quite comparable with aussie one withthe likes of Harmison, Jones, Hoggard and Flintoff who IMO can be the difference this time around.
          Yes its true that there is always a hype from english media, but the result for the past 8 ashes has been in favor of australia. They have almost dominated their rivals in every ashes since 1987 when english clinched the ashes for the last time. but i agree with sbay bhai that there is something about this english squad this time which makes every one think that they will not go down this time without a fight.
          Since april 2004, england have played 18 test matches and have won 14 of thesse matches and were only defeated once.They have won every series they have played since april 04. They have beaten WI both at home and away. Beat NZ at home, Southafrica in southafrica which was a big achievement and recenlty the bengalis at home. Because of their outstanding performance they are the ICC number 2 side in ranking after australia currently.
          Vaughan, Treschothick, strauss, peterson, thorpe, flintoff , harmison and hoggard are the key players england will be hoping to click although i have doubt that peterson will make in the final11. All these are potential match winners. And I really hope to see an aussie kick ass this time.
          Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Originally posted by umair_ahmed
            England will be humiliated 0-5.

Take my word for it.

English media tends to hype up their team before every ashes series, and they get spanked really badly every time.
            ENG 1:3 AUS with one rain hit draw ...... the one england may win is where Aus have secured the ashes and blood some youngsters against old enemy and ENG may bowl first on a damp pitch under heavy overcast condistions .....

i'm just waiting for Gilchrist my Favourite crickter after Inzi ...... man i still remember where he slapped one pom bowler down the ground for 4 like u hit a Tennis Service (an overhead shot with the cricket bat to a bouncer the might have passed him down the leg side) to reach his 100 ...... i thik it was at the MCG or SCG i'm not sure though about the ground ...... just an unbelieveable shot from and incredible player ..... hope i get a few days off to see the First test at Lords ...... would be worth a 11 hours drive that i'll to do then

Comment

I have a gut feeling this will be a very closely contested series. It spells some great
              cricket in waiting ,,
              *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
              Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

when mcgrath comes and rapes all the egnlish batsmen, they'll be brought down to reality

Comment

Wait till the series is over and then we'll talk about how good the english team is and who kicked whose behind.They r riding high coz they haven't met aussies during this period.their improved performance means they will not lose as badly as in the past
                  Tedi pagg waliya

Comment

i am a real cricket fan who just loves to watch great competition so i am really waiting for this series, hopefully australia can be challenged!! i think this will be a tough series but i think the difference in the series will be the captains, which captain can make that crucial bowling change, or extra slip, whatever the case but i think it will be a cracking series, also i want aussies to be challenged man im tired of seeing them win!

Comment

Matt Hayden hits a 53 ball 79 in a 20/20 match versus Masters XI today.

Comment

Originally posted by funguy
                        fungea , i think this trend will be the mainstay of 20 20 format.
                        I consider Afridi to be the modren day 'Pioneer' of such blazing batting style.
                        *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
                        Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Originally posted by funguy
                          correction: 79 off 46 balls
                          Gilchrist scored 53 off 50 balls.

Comment

Australia will win the Ashes again, but I hope England give them a fight that Aussies would never forget.

Comment

Its been a while since world number one and number two are involved in a test series. Last time it was series between australia/sa which aussies won 2-1. SA was a top notch side then.
                              The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Working...
                              X