Pak bowling weak without Shoaib, Sami, says Lara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak bowling weak without Shoaib, Sami, says Lara

West Indian batting sensation Brian Lara believes that Pakistan bowling attack is weak without speedster Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami.

"They are quality fast bowlers and without them Pakistan bowling is not that impressive," Lara told reporters at Sabina Park after scoring his 30th Test century against Pakistan to help the West Indies to fight back on the second day of the second Test.

"After having score a hundred against Pakistan I really feel good to have scored two in two Test matches. I havenít done it for a long time against Pakistan; itís nice to cross Sir Don Bradmanís record of 29 Test matches. He was a class batsman in echelon of Test cricket," he maintained.

He said currently he was not looking to break the 34 centuries record of Tendulkar and Gavaskar or 32 tons of Steve Waugh. "I keep working on my fitness and definitely like to achieve those milestones. My first goal is to help the West Indies

win series against Pakistan. We did not make good start but I tried to build the

innings with Sarwan after Gayle and Smith went early; weíve not been doing well for the past few years. But I wanted to see young players of West Indies getting better," Lara stated.

The News
    Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
    Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
    Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Re: Pak bowling weak without Shoaib, Sami, says Lara

Makes sense. Without either, Pakistan has a very weak and inexperienced seam attack which can kill off a tail end or get crucial wickets when you need them.
    "Before you visit Mecca it beckons to you, when you leave it behind, it calls to you forever."

Comment

Not to gloat or anything, as Lara is clearly a legend of his times, but its probably worth asking if he enjoyed his andaa in second innings as half-boiled or scrambled?
      "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

^

Comment

lol @ Faisal.

No doubt Pakistan bowling was weaker without the SSss.
          charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
          zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
            Not to gloat or anything, as Lara is clearly a legend of his times, but its probably worth asking if he enjoyed his andaa in second innings as half-boiled or scrambled?
            Not to gloat?? tsk tsk....humility in victory is something which we seem to lack...

Comment

Jalo jalo.. duniya walooN, aur jalo. Yayyy!!!
              "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Jalo jalo.. duniya walooN, aur jalo. Yayyy!!!
                Jalo? u gotta be living in smallville to think like that.....what Lara has achieved ppl like u cannot even dream of, so grow up and enjoy your sweet victory and appreciate class for what it is.....

Comment

Hahaha.....

Comment

Hahaha.....
                    Hollow laughter exposes thy vanity.....

Comment

Ofcourse. Its so much fun seeing you talk about humility in victory.

Comment

Originally posted by fartguru
                        Jalo? u gotta be living in smallville to think like that.....what Lara has achieved ppl like u cannot even dream of, so grow up and enjoy your sweet victory and appreciate class for what it is.....
                        yarr fartgruu , rehnay day. Don't you know these people said kay lara shouldn't be in the WI squad . Abb tu aisay knowledgeble logo say arguee karay ga??
                        Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

I belive this interview was after Lara made his 130-48-153... he may have changed his mind after yesterday's dismissal

rest assured - Lara's da fine wine that just gets better with age.
                          For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

fkhan2... Now I am seriously thinking that you have several nicks confused with each other. Where did I say that Lara shouldn't be in the WI squad? Infact, I think WI may have rued by not having Lara in their ODI squad. Who have you confused me with? I guess the same problem is also why you are posting whatever you are posting in the Shoaib Akhter thread.

Comment

fkhan2... Now I am seriously thinking that you have several nicks confused with each other. Where did I say that Lara shouldn't be in the WI squad? Infact, I think WI may have rued by not having Lara in their ODI squad. Who have you confused me with? I guess the same problem is also why you are posting whatever you are posting in the Shoaib Akhter thread.
                              thinking??? mazak na kar yarr, aap sochtay bhee hay? woh bhee seriously aur zada mazak??
                              Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Working...
                              X