Lara vs Tendulkar race for Test match runs? An interesting contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara vs Tendulkar race for Test match runs? An interesting contest

With the 100 in this test match, lara has scored his 30th century and reached 10,800 odd runs in test matches.
    10dulka has scored 10,134 runs in test matches with 34 centuries.

Tend has age on his side and is 32 years of age and lara is 36. But the next time tend plays a test match, he will prolly be 33, and lara should play 2 more test matches against SL in july and by then he should score 11000 runs and be ahead of tend by 900 runs. Tend will take some time to catch up with lara.

Anyway it is an interesting race for test match runs

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/TES...MOST_RUNS.html

http://content.cricinfo.com/india/co...yer/35320.html

http://content.cricinfo.com/westindi...yer/52337.html
    PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Re: Lara vs Tendulkar race for Test match runs? An interesting contest

Tendulkar's run scoring will only decline from now on I think. Lara is still going strong and will surpass him easily. I think it has to do with a lot of different factors, not only is Lara a better batsman, it is also the fact that Tendulkar has had a lot more mileage than Lara has, and is completely burned out.

Comment

brian lara is a true genious. time after time he has raised his game when it matters the most. tendulkar isn't quite the player he was a while ago. his technique has changed, he seems to be in 2 minds about where to play a certain shot, the tendulkar of past wasn't as cautious about his shot selection and foot movement, and that worked in his favour. he showed the ball the makers name and got runs on the board, which is what he can't seem to do rite now.

i certainly know which player i'll miss watching after his retirement.

Comment

another thing .... it'll be hard for the west indian selectors to leave lara out on tests, since they don't have that good a team.

on the indian side, tendi will be challenged if he doesn;t perform ....

Comment

Originally posted by #let uz chat#
          brian lara is a true genious. time after time he has raised his game when it matters the most. tendulkar isn't quite the player he was a while ago. his technique has changed, he seems to be in 2 minds about where to play a certain shot, the tendulkar of past wasn't as cautious about his shot selection and foot movement, and that worked in his favour. he showed the ball the makers name and got runs on the board, which is what he can't seem to do rite now.

i certainly know which player i'll miss watching after his retirement.
          tend is 32 years of age and can still get back into better form. his fitness is more of a concern cause of tennis elbow and back problems that he has had

Lara has the advantage that west indies plays far more test matches than india and if lara can play for 3 more years then he can mitigate the age advantage of tend.
          PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Comment

Tendulkar has two option, either he has to get back to form quite quickly.. or opt out.
            Lara is treat to watch when he is on flow. He makes batting so easy. And the strokes are so elagent. But he also had his ups and downs. I dont have stats.. but if i remember correctly there are few seasons in which he didnt do so well either.

Comment

Originally posted by vineshvk
              Tendulkar has two option, either he has to get back to form quite quickly.. or opt out.
              Lara is treat to watch when he is on flow. He makes batting so easy. And the strokes are so elagent. But he also had his ups and downs. I dont have stats.. but if i remember correctly there are few seasons in which he didnt do so well either.
              tend is still doing quite well in test matches. in the series against Pak, tend had scores of 94, 52, 52, 41 and 16

His ODI form is not relevent when comparing in test matches?
              PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Comment

yes but not one century... and rememeber he is playing in India.. and the bowling was not that great either. When sehwag and Dravid could do better then there is real problem.

And moreover i think he doesnt know what his role in the team is.!! he feels alienated. There is his clone in Sehwag who goes after the bowling and there is Dravid who is grafting for runs.
                Tendulkar from the first time he took bat in the series againt Pakistan was always highlighted as a role model. He lived upto it. He was quite consistant but not consistant enough like Dravid. To be consistant , he forgot his flamboyance in his earlier part of his career. People loved him for that and not for his consistancy. He can fail in three matches but if he is going to win one match with his knock then people will remember him. There are more consistant players in Dravid in the team. So he should be the one who should take the responsibility of attck.. or counter attack. He is slowly being pushed into the shadows. In order for him to come back.. he need to do something extra ordinary. He should get the motivation of playing at its best.
                He is capable of it. but will he get it is a different question.

Comment

According to Pakistani astrologer, Tendulkar will give up international cricket by the end of 2005
                  " Judges give justice, not interviews" - Rana Bhagwandas, 21 March 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Aalsi
                    According to Pakistani astrologer, Tendulkar will give up international cricket by the end of 2005
                    i might be wrong but Tennis-elbow never heals completely. so it will hamper tend for rest of his career
                    PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Comment

Tendulkar also underwent some sort of surgery this month didn't he?

Comment

^ dat surgery was for his elbow again.

Comment

Working...
                        X