Youhana not available for Jamaica Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youhana not available for Jamaica Test

Pakistanís senior batsman Yousuf Youhana has informed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) that he is not in a position to rejoin the team in Jamaica for the second Test starting there from June 3.

The Pakistan team management in the West Indies, after the massive defeat in the first Test in Barbados, had asked the Board to press Youhana to make himself available for the second Test.

But Youhana said that this was not possible, as his father required his presence in the treatment of his kidney ailment. "Iím busy getting my father the best possible treatment and I donít think Iím in a state of mind where I fly out to Jamaica and go straight into an important Test match," he said and added, "Iím disappointed that Iíve had to miss these two Tests but my fatherís condition is such at his age that Iíve to be with him."

Youhana is Pakistan second most senior batsman after captain Inzamam-ul-Haq with 59 Test and 199 one-day appearances.

His absence was sorely felt in the first Test where Pakistan were bundled out for just 144 runs on the second day, eventually losing by 276 runs to squander any chances of trying to win their maiden Test series in the Caribbean.

Youhana flew back from Barbados before the first Test to be with his father about whose illness he learnt in St Lucia during the last one-dayer.

The News
    Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
    Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
    Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Re: Youhana not available for Jamaica Test

I thought he was available for Jamaica test. Oh well Inzi will handle it all alone.
    Last edited by teaser; Jun 1, 2005, 09:26 AM.
    I grow in learning as I grow in age.

Comment

Working...
    X