Arm Chair Critics and Panic Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm Chair Critics and Panic Attacks

One test match lost, and the whole world has flipped upside down.

On one hand, we have over-serious analysis being performed to understand why we lost the game, on the other we have individual players and trying to reach a verdicts on them (as if they care). On still another corner, we have horrible stories about player fights pasted all over to show the demolition of team discipline and still another person is debating the weakest links in the team, with the conclusion that 60% of the players should be kicked out, to be replaced by another set of jokers* to restart the musical chairs.

(* The word "joker" is used simply to refer to players with not enough international experience, and not to insult them)

Guys, give it a break. This is a game. $hit happens. We win some. We lose some. Batsmen played badly in one innings and we were never able to recover. Our bowling is mediocre, even under the best of circumstances. Large scale changes in the team will not help, as you will just replace one set of talented-youngsters-with-some-experience with another set of talented-youngsters-with-no-experience. In summary, not good.

And, for crying out loud.. stop asking for "verdicts" after a player has played a grand total of one test. Makes you sound like a very bad lawyer arguing a case in front of a very very bad judge.

And lastly, just because you put a sentence at the end of a mile-long post that basically says "I am not posting this huge critique for our team, just because we lost one match, but these are genuine points that should be discussed". Please. Get real. You are posting it just because we lost. If we had won, there will be 10 threads of bhangra, and everyone goes home to enjoy a glass of lassi.
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Re: Arm Chair Critics and Panic Attacks

I know that cricket is a very humbling sport. It can bring you down to earth in no time. I have never been disappointed if our team is beaten fair and square ON the playing field. Anybody can have a bad day or match BUT when fkers like the three stooges who got into a verbal and physical fight in the team lockers is something that really pisses me no bounds. So fk to Afridi for blowing up, fk to Inzi for getting siding the wrong side and fk to Yunis for not handling the it properly. Fk to the mentality of Pakistani National Cricketers! And I believe that incident caused the failure in the first innings.

Comment

Faisal bhai,,^ agreed ,,, my view points have always been based on future perspective of the
      game and how I see it competing with leading teams of the game worldwide.

I see my myself visualising a players and his attitude that speaks volume of the things to come,,,It not crystal balling but rather a forward looking approach.

I hate when people still talk about 'Miandad' the coach in contrast to the one we already have,,,,,such is the mentality ,, and under these circumstances I say this that Pakistan team is meocre in its structure due to poor bowling strength and purposeless batting at any order,,,

I feel that by gones are by gones and if Shoaib Akhter has not been reperimanded by the board or the ICC then I'm fine with it,,,,so should the media and the fans,,

Here we gather including 'your self' throwing irritating one liners to open a pandora box of abuse and 'cut & paste' posters digging up old graves with out any 'moderation' or restrains,,makes the matters worse as is the case with Shoaib Akhter's media trail adding fuel to the fire,,,,,If Shoaib is guilty of the 'worse' behaviour in the history of PCB,,then we are the most 'educated' jahils of this Game fellowship and equally guilty. non pun intended,,,,
      *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
      Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Ay Shoaib vichouN kithay aa giya?
        "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

^ daawat-e-aam hay "bashing" ke liye.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal
            Ay Shoaib vichouN kithay aa giya?
            ----cvabn------
            daikha daikha ,,, one liner ! shoaib bashing,,,, ,,
            tameez say bhi naam liya ja sakta tha,,,, jaisay St.Shoaib sahab ,,,
            *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Raindance
              ----cvabn------
              daikha daikha ,,, one liner ! shoaib bashing,,,, ,,
              tameez say bhi naam liya ja sakta tha,,,, jaisay St.Shoaib sahab ,,,
              bilkul bilkul wohi , hazrat khawaja sira St Shoaib Actor sahib.

Comment

Comment

Anyway, I do agree with you Faisal that one loss and we are all up in arms and knives doing some sorta operation/analysis of the team.... drop this player, drop that player, that player was never Test/international level, we need this bowler, that bowler.... aaahhhh Just let the team play the next game, count it as just another loss and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1
                    bilkul bilkul wohi , hazrat khawaja sira St Shoaib Actor sahib.
                    -----------cvabn-----------
                    captaan ho na akhir,,,, her baat ko lamba kernay ka shouq hai,,,khaleefa giri,,
                    *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1

Anyway, I do agree with you Faisal that one loss and we are all up in arms and knives doing some sorta operation/analysis of the team.... drop this player, drop that player, that player was never Test/international level, we need this bowler, that bowler.... aaahhhh Just let the team play the next game, count it as just another loss and move on.
                      -------------------cvabn-----------------------
                      Speak for your self ,, I don't do that ,, atleast not based on any one match or series,,:elmo:
                      *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

^ jee, woh lambee chori list kis ne banayee thee? someone recommended Khalil, I couldn't believe that!

Comment

Faisel,
                          by the same virtue u hv stated, Paki fans sudnt praise their team when it wins, correct? They sudnt shower their idols with praise? Cause, hey its just one stupid one day series for godsake, right?

Comment

Going overboard either way is hazardous for health.

Comment

Originally posted by fartguru
                              Faisel,
                              by the same virtue u hv stated, Paki fans sudnt praise their team when it wins, correct? They sudnt shower their idols with praise? Cause, hey its just one stupid one day series for godsake, right?

No, cuz its a draw against arch-rival with an inexperienced team, that too coming up from 1- down. Also cuz it was a 4-2 win in a magnificiant way in ODI series. Cuz its a white wash 3-0 against Windies first time in the history.

And one test lost, that too so expected and predicted for natural reasons (inzi/yoyo/malik).

I think we should have two KK here. One for all the boiling blood teenys and their Rainy uncle. And one for rest of us.
                              charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
                              zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Working...
                              X