Pakistan VS West Indies 2nd Test at Jamaica 3 - 7 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan VS West Indies 2nd Test at Jamaica 3 - 7 June

Inzi will be back for sure, i think most likely shabbir or naveed will be replaced by another bowler...yoyo's presence is still iffy, not sure if he'll be there...and eventhough the ban from malik will be lifted, i dunno if he'll be in the side as well...

as for WI, i think they'll keep the same team...and hope that fidel edwards recovers in time as well from his hamstring injury...he made all the diff to the WI bowling attack by taking the early key wickets and constantly exerting pressure, not let partnerships develop for pak in the first innings...

lets see what happens...

My Team:

Salman Butt
    Shahid Afridi
    Younis Khan
    Yousuf Youhana
    Inzamam-ul-Haq
    Asim Kamal
    Abdul Razzaq
    Kamran Akmal
    Shahid Nazir
    Shabbir Ahmed
    Danish Kaneria

Re: Pakistan VS West Indies 2nd Test at Jamaica 3 - 7 June

Youhana wont be back and I would advise against Afridi opening. I would also give Shahid Nazir a run in for Rana.

They should give Yasir and Salman confidence to open for a while. Tey both got the potential to be the answers to our woes.

Salman
    Yasir
    Younis
    Inzimam
    Asim
    Afridi
    Razzaq
    Akmal
    Shahid Nazir
    Shabbir
    Kaneria
    The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

i think they r gonna bring shoaib malik in because of his expereince and consistency
      Last edited by pakinecro; May 29, 2005, 09:31 PM.

Comment

^^ you maybe right saby bhai but I think yasir has to learn quickly not to play that :mad1: shot again and again or practice it playing fine with more of a backfoot.

team looks fine but I have a feeling coach prefer Rao rather than Nazir so I expect that change automatically, and as for Shabbir ( I know he can play but) if he is rested that will be a wise decision. I think Rana and Rao will spearhead the attack.
        hmhmmm....
        Life is straight as a jalebi, sweet yet...Twisted!

Comment

are there any chances... and is there any viability to bring in Malik as an opener?? I'd rather see him than Yasir.
          For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Malik, even if he doesn't open, should be brought back into the test side. Since Shabbir has been reported for chucking, is there any chance Shoaib Akhtar would be called up!? Who knows!

Comment

i hope pak will pitch in with a much better performance. we want tight neck-2-neck fought test matches. both teams have potential match winners. its sad to see pakistani team collapsing like that in first innings. had they shown a bit more of determination and maturity, things could have been different. anyways, windies deserve all that comes their way. they batted well and bowled extremely well and that rewarded them the test win.

Comment

The series will be leveled :insha:
                Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE. ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by the game
                  Malik, even if he doesn't open, should be brought back into the test side. Since Shabbir has been reported for chucking, is there any chance Shoaib Akhtar would be called up!? Who knows!
                  Nope, he flew today for his county assignment.

Malik should be brought back and SHOULD open the innings for Pakistan. He is not only a good batty, but an excellent fielder and not too bad offspinner (specially when Arshad Khan is not playing). Why he needs to open, because we have tried some 9 different combination in last 2 years and so far only Salman Butt has came close to a somewhat reliable and geniune opener. Yasir is a disaster, a total disaster. Even if he makes a hundred he will still get out on the same ball that is fatal for him. A sportsman who does same mistake for a period of two years or more is called Gunguly and must get the same treatment. Malik does not fit at one down (his natural position) in the test in the presence of Younis Khan and Yohanna with a backing of Asim and Inzi. Salman is pretty much settled up there and needs a reliable partner who can score like him, rotate the strike and hit boundaries every now and then. In other words play as required. And we know Malik has this ability to react as per match situation. We have seen him making quick runs in ODI and also carrying the bat till the end. That shows the temprament, stemina and also the fire power. He can use the first two elements effectively in TEST CRICKET.

My team for second tests with all the factors in mind.

Salman
                  Malik
                  Bazid
                  Younis
                  Inzi
                  Asim
                  Afridi
                  Kamran
                  Razzaq
                  Shahid
                  Rana

Playing Shabbir would be a risk, if he is reported for chucking again it can put him into a life time ban from Int'l cricket. Also if Rao is WIndies he could be tried for Rana, atleast he is more decipline bowler than others and can bowl wicket to wicket. Rana has stemina to play 5 day match but loses his focus on line.

For future series Rao and Umer will compete for the third bowler in tests. Thats when Akhtar and Sami are back. But if Sami goes flat as he has been througout 2004 than we need to see if Shahid Nazir can fill in the space. Otherwise Gull and Rao both will play.
                  charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
                  zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_guy
                    My team for second tests with all the factors in mind.

Salman
                    Malik
                    Bazid
                    Younis
                    Inzi
                    Asim
                    Afridi
                    Kamran
                    Razzaq
                    Shahid
                    Rana
                    i would like to make only 1 change to this team,that is to bring in Rao instead of shahid nazir
                    ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

It is not important who is playing or not. The important thing is - How are they (Pakistani Team) going to win the second test? What strategy do they have in place for 2nd TM?

Comment

Originally posted by Anwaar Qureshi
                        The series will be leveled :insha:
                        Allah kare aisa hee hooo ..
                        Thinking about new signature !!!!

Comment

Is Youhana gonna be back for the next test?

Comment

Originally posted by TaraLee
                            Is Youhana gonna be back for the next test?
                            not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1
                              not likely.
                              Yeah but why not Bring St Actor on,he will make up not only for Yoyo but also for Inzi, and Malik too, the great miracle maker that he is.

1 for Aejaz 0 for Game Bhai, Raindance Bhai and Fkhan2 Bhai

Next Round?????

Comment

Working...
                              X