International Friendly: England v USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Friendly: England v USA

England are on their tour of the usa this year and they begin the proceedings later today againsT USA in chicago.

Probable England X1 :

1} David James
    2} Glen Johnson
    3} Wes Brown
    4} Sol Campbell {c}
    5} Ashley Cole
    6} Joe Cole
    7} Jermaine Jenas
    8} Michael Carrick
    9} Kieran Richardson {debut}
    10} Peter Crouch {debut}
    11} Andy Johnson

Crouch will have to pass a fitness test before the match as sol accidentally stood on his foot in training []. If he doesn't make it, Alan Smith is likely to replace him.

Re: International Friendly: England v USA

pointless tour. jus a money makin exercise for the FA...

im not surprised the 'big name' players have not bothered 2 go.
    “Be content with what Allah has given you, and you will be the richest of people.”

Comment

If USA's full strength team were to face this England team than England would get killed,
      Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

Comment

what u on about, the scottish b team wud even kill the 'full strength' yank team!
        “Be content with what Allah has given you, and you will be the richest of people.”

Comment

England won 2-1. debutant k. richardson scoring 2 goals b4 amreeka pulled 1 back.

Engand's next game is against colombia on tuesday.

Comment

Was England playing their C team.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Omar_UK786
                what u on about, the scottish b team wud even kill the 'full strength' yank team!
                Thats why they are ranked 11th in the world?
                Wild Thing, You Make My Heart Sing

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Kool
                  If USA's full strength team were to face this England team than England would get killed,
                  Do you know how many of its key players england did not play in this match?
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Kool
                    Thats why they are ranked 11th in the world?
                    well 10th actually, a spot that it shares with Italy.. which by your logic would mean that the US soccer team is exactly as good as that of Italy and since you are so big on "rankings", england is ranked 6th so by your logic US would have still lost.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Anyways back to the topic, I saw the game at soldier field, actually decided to just camp out in downtown for the entire weekend and had a blast, tons of england supporters were in town and there were home and away jerseys as well as jerseys of united, liverpool and arsenal seen all around.

The locals did not know the spectator strategy well and showed up just before the game, while england supporters showed up hours before, and basically tied england flags to all the railings. that was a blast.

The game was thoroughly enjoyable with some good natured exchanges between the supporters. I wanted to start a riot by starting to fight wityh one of my pals who was a US supporter but then thought better.

will post pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz
                        The game was thoroughly enjoyable with some good natured exchanges between the supporters. I wanted to start a riot by starting to fight wityh one of my pals who was a US supporter but then thought better.

will post pics soon
                        Football hooligan.

Comment

I take offense to the hooligan title, I am a proper Yob actually.

Comment

and england rounded off their tour of the usa with a 3-2 win over colombia {micky owen scored a hat-trick} + gary linekar and co' made fun of the american commentators, which was nice 2 see. yes they do struggle BADLY.

Comment

Working...
                            X