Is chappell correct about Sachin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is chappell correct about Sachin?

India's new cricket coach Greg Chappell is almost certain that Sachin Tendulkar will never again be his devastating self, but assures us that he will do his best to get the little master back on track.

Chappell believes Tendulkar's form will be critical if India have to go past Australia as the best team in the world.

The Aussie great, who will take charge on June 15, has given voice to India's worst fears.

Tendulkar's declining strike rate has been a matter of discussion for months now, but nobody has put it that bluntly.

A series of injuries in the past couple of years appear to have taken its toll on the 32-year-old legend, widely acknowledged to be the greatest batsman in the world. He has looked way below his best as was evident in the last series against Pakistan.

'I don't think he is ever going to be the player he was,' Chappell declared.

Do you agree with Chappell's assessment of the batting genius? Or do you think that the new coach has started on the wrong foot by commenting on India's biggest sporting icon?

http://in.rediff.com/cricket/2005/may/23cmsg.htm
    Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Re: Is chappell correct about Sachin?

Chapal Khan: India ko pehle Pakistan, NZ, ENG aur SL se to aagay janay do, Australia ko baad mai dekhna

Comment

All this drama and effort to get a new 'Chappal' to get mr.Tedulkar going again ????
      it sould take atleast upto the next WC to waste this 'New Chappal' in India's foot.

What a waste !
      *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
      Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

I really don't know, I think Sachin has got alot left in his tank. He is good to go until atleast next world cup. He is a living legend, for Chappell to say like that being an Indian coach is really stupid. He is your ace bastman you are saying he will never be the same again. Tendi might be going through some bad patch like any other player but he is far from over.

Comment

Why can't people admit, he is getting older like veryone else. He can't play the same way he used to when he was younger. Not everyone is like Inzi --older you get the better you play. Besides, Tendulkar kay zamaney kay to jin bhe mer chukey hain

Comment

Originally posted by Man with a Plan
            I really don't know, I think Sachin has got alot left in his tank. He is good to go until atleast next world cup. He is a living legend, for Chappell to say like that being an Indian coach is really stupid. He is your ace bastman you are saying he will never be the same again. Tendi might be going through some bad patch like any other player but he is far from over.
            can you now argue with a more observant ex cricketing mestro ?

which is more correct? you need sachin or sachin has continuity problems.
            per this new coach
            I'm the heat seeker bogie buster arrowhead - Watch your tail >

Comment

Two words: MAKKHAN POLISH !!
              charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
              zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Originally posted by SideWinder
                can you now argue with a more observant ex cricketing mestro ?

which is more correct? you need sachin or sachin has continuity problems.
                per this new coach
                Ofcourse the ex cricketing mestro will be right who am I just a guppie writing his opinion. BTW Imran Khan before the Indian series was seriously against Inzi and his captaincy, he changed after that. So, the ex-cricketing mestro might be wrong too.

I don't know, you might want to ask Indian cricket fan but one thing for sure Sachin not only carried them to the WC 2003 but also faced one of the greatest bowlers in the world and trashed them all over the place. Just his persona and presense can bring a posotive change in the Indian team. His consistency level, well Inzi had a terrible patch in the world cup and now look at him. Great players rebound...

Comment

the guy is barely 32 years old....his slump is more attributable to a routine period of being out of form, compounded by the ongoing recovery from a pretty bad arm injury....rather than some downward spiral of his career. he will definitely regain form in the near future, as everyone naturally does.

the question of whether he will once again be the dominant world superstar Sachin of old is slightly different. since he has consciously altered his game (from the previous style somewhere in between Sehwag and current Sachin)....it would take a reversal of this change to get there. i don't think he will reverse his new style of play.

Comment

He might never get back to his killer batting instincts.. but he sure has tons of runs left in him.. eventhough i am a pround Pakistani, i hope he gets to 50 hundreds in both forms of cricket... after all aren't we lucky enough to see him play??? him, Inzi, Yoyo, Dravid, Ponting, Lara are a treat to watch.. so lets wish him all the best (and may be to Gangu too), to regain thier form and entertain us...
                    Life is not about how many breaths you take. its about the moments that takes your breath away.

Comment

^ very well said

Comment

Originally posted by nikhil25
                        the guy is barely 32 years old....his slump is more attributable to a routine period of being out of form, compounded by the ongoing recovery from a pretty bad arm injury....rather than some downward spiral of his career. he will definitely regain form in the near future, as everyone naturally does.

the question of whether he will once again be the dominant world superstar Sachin of old is slightly different. since he has consciously altered his game (from the previous style somewhere in between Sehwag and current Sachin)....it would take a reversal of this change to get there. i don't think he will reverse his new style of play.
                        When you talk about getting old in cricket, its not your actual age, its your cricketing age. Yes is he barely 32 but he has been playing for the past 16 years and has played really tough and competitive cricket during these 16 years. That was the very reason we saw him altering his game in the last couple of years. Yes he might stick for couple of more years if he wants to, after all kapil dev also stick with the side like an old horse. Its not australia where they can even drop players like mark waugh and steve waugh once they become old in cricketing sense. I am sure that these 2 can still play and play well but the point is you have to admit the fact that their days were over and it was time to move on with the new breed. Well that doesn't happen in our part of the word often although we are starting to see a refreshing change in this trend in Pakistan.
                        Tendi no doubt has been a tremendous asset for India but the way we have seen Tendi playing lately, I have a feeling it will become worse with time. Talents like youvraj singh and kaif will continue to miss opportunities they deserve and will go down the drain if tendi and ganguly plans to stick in the side for too long. I think he has to decide very soon that when he has to leave and then set his goals accordingly. How often we have seen great player messing up at this tricky stage of their career. Imran Khan , sunil gavaskar, steve waugh, nasir hussain took the right decision at the right time. Miandad, kapil dev, allan border messed it up and eventually were forced to retire. Tendulkar has done so much for India and surely he wouldn' want to be remembered by the team mates and the fans as someone who beacame a burden on the side during the last days of his career.
                        Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Working...
                        X