Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistanis face logistic problems

Pakistanis face logistic problems
    CASTRIES (St Lucia), May 20: The Pakistan cricketers are facing travelling and logistics problem on their current tour of the West Indies. While West Indies squad flew into this capital city after half an hour flight from St Vincent, the visitors’ flight first travelled to Bridgetown in Barbados before returning to St Lucia three hours later with some of their baggage missing.

Asad Mustafa, the Pakistan team assistant manager, said, the team’s problems were compounded when they were informed that there was no gym in the hotel as players wanted to have some light training indoors because of showers.

There was no room service at the hotel where both teams are lodged.

Luggage of former West Indies off-spinner Lance Gibbs and some members of media was also misplaced while coming on the short flight from St Vincent.

The baggage was located later in the evening after hassle of filling in a lot of forms and giving the shape of bags and their keys to Caribbean Star Airlines for customs inspections.

In the background of this scenario and with the 16 team competing in the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies and millions of fans expected in the Caribbean for the matches, it will be a gigantic exercise for the West Indies Cricket Board to put things in place to avoid controversies.

Poor media arrangements and lack of computers, internet facilities and absence of scorer proved to be the main hurdle in covering the opening one-day game in St Vincent on Wednesday.—APP

http://www.dawn.com/2005/05/21/spt2.htm
    Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Re: Pakistanis face logistic problems

We treat these kallus like VIP's when they come to Pakistan, and this is how we are treated when we go somewhere. Shame on Pakistan for idiotically bending over backwards for any team that comes visiting.

Comment

and they are hosting the '07 World Cup. hmmm
      "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

Interesting.. I always had my reservations about the facilities there.. how would they host the WC07'... The ground on which the Frist ODI was played was a terrible groun. It had an airport only 20 Meters away.. and the Sea Shore was even less..

Comment

Originally posted by the game
          We treat these kallus like VIP's when they come to Pakistan, and this is how we are treated when we go somewhere. Shame on Pakistan for idiotically bending over backwards for any team that comes visiting.

well it certainly shows our values ..............

but i must say wc in england i enjoy the most, then australia/ew zealand and subcontinent, then south africa and west indies comes last .........
          no pain, no pain ............

Comment

didn't we have the same problem in India as well??????? where the team was arriving earlier than thier baggage and had to wait in their hotels...????? i guess PCB should start contacting touring manager in advance to avoid these "incidents"...i liked the grounds, they are very senic... specially the sea, the mountains, the forests... but the outfield(in the first match) was slow... other than that.. its been good (cuz we are winning)

Go Pakistan Go...
            Life is not about how many breaths you take. its about the moments that takes your breath away.

Comment

There's nothing idiotic about it... like someone else said, it shows our cultural values - additionally, it shows our organizational professionalism. Besides, its common courtesy to care for your guests. If others don't do it as well as Pak does, then that's what differentiates us from the rest!
              Last edited by Lucid Chaotic; May 21, 2005, 10:36 PM.
              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

^ Ditto. The Game, why is it too hard for you to accept the concept of paki hospitality. First you accuse paki spectators bending over for indian players. Now theyre bending over for west indians. Dude when someone comes to your home you dont feed them leftovers. You give them the best you have (even if it means you dont get nothing). Or atleast thats the way we've been raised to be. You've probably been out of pak too long man.
                Yaad aaiy jo dard ki raat may, jis ki baat ho apni har baat may.

Comment

its the Carribean maaan....no needa b surprized brathar....take a look at their new players, sud be in club sides not international level....yeah, WC can be a diseaster, Jamaican styla...:sunny:

Comment

I guess we are misisng a point guys. WI is a bug tourist resort, and I don't think that they don't have a single 5 star hotel. Don't you think besides the lack of hospitality WI are showing, it could be the dopeheads PCB people, we know they suck in management and organising things. It should be there problem as well to make sure that everything has been arranged propperly before the start of the tour.
                    Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

^^ I wold agree with you there 100%. Someone in PCB is not doing their job properly. It doesnt take more than a phone call to ask the tour manager of WI before arriving there to ask them which hotel they will staying. Someone did not do their Homework before flying from pakistan. The should have asked them which arline would they be travelling which resort/hotel they will be providing. But I guess they did not.
                      -Salman

Comment

Originally posted by cHEeGUm
                        ^ Ditto. The Game, why is it too hard for you to accept the concept of paki hospitality. First you accuse paki spectators bending over for indian players. Now theyre bending over for west indians. Dude when someone comes to your home you dont feed them leftovers. You give them the best you have (even if it means you dont get nothing). Or atleast thats the way we've been raised to be. You've probably been out of pak too long man.
                        If all the Pakistani team gets when it goes to England is a dog sniffing bomb check, then I don't think we should treat the goras any better. If all the Pakistani team gets when it goes to West Indies are third rate hotels, then again I don't think we should treat the kallus like rajas. Cheegum bhai, jaisay ko taisa.

Comment

Its PCB's responsibility to check such matters in advance. So if they show unconcerned approach to the presented tour & logistic itinerants the hosts might be relaxed as well.

Still PCB has learned $hit all from the Indian tour screw-us.

Returning the similar favour in Pakistan does not go well with the cultural history.
                          But I admit that gestures to India was way over board, and was taken for granted in the end,,,,,
                          *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
                          Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

If all the Pakistani team gets when it goes to England is a dog sniffing bomb check, then I don't think we should treat the goras any better. If all the Pakistani team gets when it goes to West Indies are third rate hotels, then again I don't think we should treat the kallus like rajas. Cheegum bhai, jaisay ko taisa.
                            I agree we did go overboard in that series. No one realized that until we went back to india and saw how the indian crowd responded. If Pakistani crowd would have taken the side of their team like the indians you never know, we could have won 2004 series. There was no home crowd advantage for them in 2004 which we saw for india in 2005. I remember how much i was pissed off during the recently concluded series when there use to be pin drop silence every time when we use to take a wicket or score runs. Tell me what was your reaction when the whole crowd use to chant ALLO ALLO when inzi use to walk in or PAKISTAN HI HI. My reaction was that they are doing exactly what they are supose to do.
                            Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

think what you all may, but I for one think its a priceless virtue to stick to your values of hospitality irrespective of how people behave with you. This is what differentiates us from them.
                              For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X