Best bowler at the death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bowler at the death

Wasim Akram was the best bowler in the end overs of ODI matches that I have ever seen. Who is now THE BEST after Akram's retirement ?

I suppose one bowler that has had some success is Ian Harvey.
    Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
    Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
    Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Re: Best bowler at the death

Originally posted by DaPawaqar ykiGuy
    Wasim Akram was the best bowler in the end overs of ODI matches that I have ever seen. Who is now THE BEST after Akram's retirement ?

I suppose one bowler that has had some success is Ian Harvey.
    waqar younis was the best in death overs......

Comment

^ You bet! Wasim / Waqar and Ian Botham were always on the dime.
      *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
      Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Mcgrath and Vaas are the good one right now.

and from Pakistan Rana is the upcoming one who can bowl well.
        hmhmmm....
        Life is straight as a jalebi, sweet yet...Twisted!

Comment

i think zaheer khan is good as well, is good with yorkers .........
          no pain, no pain ............

Comment

DaPakiGuy, Ian Harvey is the one of the most overrated cricketers I have seen. Don't let anyone fool you. Stick with your first choice. Wasim used his variety extremely well at the death overs.

Comment

I don't see any bowler in the world who is half deadly as Wasim was in the death overs. From the over number 41 Wasim had plan for each and every delivery. Every ball that he would deliver had wicket written on it. He has said himself in an interview that only one thing is in his mind while bowling and that is wicket. That is why when we see footages now, we see how he used to surprise batsmen with his vast variety and would engage batsman in thinking what would be the next delivery.

We see glimps of Wasim's intelligence in McGrath. I must admit that Rana has shown some traces of that kind of engagement with tailenders in the recent series.

In this great thread about Sultan of Swing, let me pollute it a bit. St. Akhtar also engage Justin Langer in the middle of a already lost test match with gestures only seen in Bollywood movies.

BTW....that was one awesome over by St. Akhtar, IMO.
              charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
              zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_guy
                In this great thread about Sultan of Swing, let me pollute it a bit. St. Akhtar also engage Justin Langer in the middle of a already lost test match with gestures only seen in Bollywood movies.
                "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_guy
                  I don't see any bowler in the world who is half deadly as Wasim was in the death overs. From the over number 41 Wasim had plan for each and every delivery. Every ball that he would deliver had wicket written on it. He has said himself in an interview that only one thing is in his mind while bowling and that is wicket. That is why when we see footages now, we see how he used to surprise batsmen with his vast variety and would engage batsman in thinking what would be the next delivery.

We see glimps of Wasim's intelligence in McGrath. I must admit that Rana has shown some traces of that kind of engagement with tailenders in the recent series.

BTW....that was one awesome over by St. Akhtar, IMO.
                  It was, eh ? On Shoaib's note, he has improved a lot when it comes to bowling death overs. It's all about yorkers yaar Smooth bhai, Rana bowls those reverse swinging yorkers which Sami and even Shoaib Akhtar seem to have lost from their arsenal.

Comment

saqlain mushtaq - he bowled a maiden 49th over....
                    Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Originally posted by armughal
                      saqlain mushtaq - he bowled a maiden 49th over....
                      He is the same guy who was hit 4 runs on the last ball in the fall of Bangladesh cup by Kanitkar of India. Point being that one over doesn't suffice the quality of the best death bowler.

Comment

Rana is an excellant buy to bowl at the death

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxy
                          He is the same guy who was hit 4 runs on the last ball in the fall of Bangladesh cup by Kanitkar of India. Point being that one over doesn't suffice the quality of the best death bowler.
                          but one ball definitely disqualifies one as a good bowler at the death....
                          good point....
                          Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

Now its Rana.
                            Allah humma lakal hamdo walakashukar....

Comment

Originally posted by the game
                              DaPakiGuy, Ian Harvey is the one of the most overrated cricketers I have seen. Don't let anyone fool you. Stick with your first choice. Wasim used his variety extremely well at the death overs.
                              Well i thought he is one of the underrated allrounders
                              Main Kabhi Batlata Nahin
                              Par Andhere Se Darta Hoon Main Maa
                              Tujhe Sab Hain Pata,Meri Maa

Comment

Working...
                              X