• Show
Clear All

Shoaib akter - I have a six-pack on my belly right now

The Shoaib saga

'I'll be supremely fit'

Cricinfo staff

May 16, 2005

Spot the six-pack Getty Images

Still smarting from his omission for the tour of the West Indies, Shoaib Akhtar has promised to utilise his stint with Worcestershire to come back fitter and better than ever. In an exclusive interview with Cricinfo, Shoaib insisted that innuendo over his fitness was unfair, and rubbished rumours that his weight had ballooned while he was recovering from the hamstring injury that kept him out of the series in India.

Shoaib, who sat out Pakistan's last tour of the West Indies with an injury, was desperately disappointed at missing out again, but insisted that he had done all he could to convince the selectors. "I was saying that I'm fit and keen, but I have no clue what Grant Compton (the PCB physio) told the Board in his report," he said. "But it's history now. The team's been selected and they've gone. I'm gearing up now for my county games, the Super Series and England's tour of Pakistan. I'll be supremely fit for those games."

As for the barbs about his weight, Shoaib's response was a laugh. "A lot of these people don't have a clue about the gym, they've never even been inside one," he said. "Anyone will tell you how necessary gym-work and cardio (cardio-vascular exercises) are these days. I weigh 84 kg now. In Australia, it was 83. So I've put on one kg, and that's muscle. During the off-season, you have to work on your muscles to prevent wastage. I have a six-pack on my belly right now, so I don't know how people can call me fat."

The fact remains though that he has rarely managed to make it to the final match of a series, leave alone finish one, and when asked whether he was worried that such absenteeism would be an integral part of his story, he was quickly on the defensive. "I have completed a few series. If you look at it, McGrath didn't play that full series and Gillespie didn't either [both did, with only Michael Kasprowicz making way in Sydney]. They were rested. You can't play a full series these days. You have to use your fast bowlers sensibly."

Read the full text in this week's Wednesday Interview.

Cricinfo

Re: Shoaib akter - I have a six-pack on my belly right now

Good luck to him for health, fitness, brain, humbleness

Comment

^^
      Jism bhi aur jaan bhi nahin

Ragoon kai andheroon ko, insaf chahiya
      Ranjish-e-khoon ko bhi, makan chahiya

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1
        Captain1 Bhai,

In my hurry, for one moment, before I re read it I thought you were saying Brain Numbness

Comment

:-)
          *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
          Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Comment

Originally posted by Aejaz
            Captain1 Bhai,

In my hurry, for one moment, before I re read it I thought you were saying Brain Numbness
            but I do hope he gets what I prayed for him up there

Comment

he is right, he does have a six pack in his belly. Six pack of beer that is.

Comment

He's talking about the six pack of coors light on his belly....
                "Mai baap Amreeka has decided to breakup Pakistan, MQM will support Amreeka and I will not stop killing pukhtoons" - Pir Altaf Bhaggorra of Landan...

Comment

Jahilooo,,,,etna bhi nahi maloom ? He's refering to "six pack abs muscles" appni appni beer appnay pass he rakhoo,,,,,lahol wala quata ,,, kisi per Elzaam laganay ka bohat gunah milay ga,,,, maloom hai,,tum sab bohat 'In' ho zamaanay mai,,
                  *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Raindance
                    Jahilooo,,,,etna bhi nahi maloom ? He's refering to "six pack abs muscles" appni appni beer appnay pass he rakhoo,,,,,lahol wala quata ,,, kisi per Elzaam laganay ka bohat gunah milay ga,,,, maloom hai,,tum sab bohat 'In' ho zamaanay mai,,
                    baree dair ho gie hay koi aur post nahin aieee 6 pack kay baray mein. Lagta hay sub apnee apnee beer ka nam soch rhay hain. Abay peetay waqt tu chaloo mana kay bhool jatay ho gay kay kyaa pee rhay ho, khareedtay waqt tu yaad rakh lyaa karo.
                    Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1
                      yeah he need those 4 things, otherwise he's got the talent to be the best
                      Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by fkhan2
                        baree dair ho gie hay koi aur post nahin aieee 6 pack kay baray mein. Lagta hay sub apnee apnee beer ka nam soch rhay hain. Abay peetay waqt tu chaloo mana kay bhool jatay ho gay kay kyaa pee rhay ho, khareedtay waqt tu yaad rakh lyaa karo.
                        -----cvabn---------
                        *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

Shoaib Akhtar's SIX PACK :

[thumb=H]280917856_6613293.JPG[/thumb]

[thumb=H]281017856_6566676.JPG[/thumb]

Comment

Looks like most of the "muscle" he's built is around the waist
                            Tedi pagg waliya

Comment

Bhaiooo dekh loo picture, baree mushkil say hello bhai nay dhondhee hain, he posted the same pics last week, likin kisi nay acknowledge nahin kya tha. baycharay nay bari umeed kay saath dobara lagie hain.
                              Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Working...
                              X