First ODI double century

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ODI double century

In your opinion, which batsman is going to be the first one to score a double century in ODIs?
    Last edited by Sohaib; May 6, 2005, 10:00 PM.
    The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Re: First ODI double century

Inzi all the way

Comment

I hope no one makes it. The highest score only belongs to Saeed Anwar
      keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come

Comment

Originally posted by ~TaNhAyAaN~
        I hope no one makes it. The highest score only belongs to Saeed Anwar
        agree i hope so too...or then maybe shaid afridi..if he stays until 30-40 overs he can definitely make it....
        Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Comment

More and more impatient batsmen are being bred throughout the cricketing world. Anwar's record is here to stay, and thus I voted "None".

Comment

can't c it happening but nothing is impossible, bevan nearly did it. but ofcourse yai nobat nahi ayee gi inshallah, saeed's record is here to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by #let uz chat#
              can't c it happening but nothing is impossible, bevan nearly did it. but ofcourse yai nobat nahi ayee gi inshallah, saeed's record is here to stay.
              FYI, beven as in Michael Bevan from Australia??? hez not even in the list of top 100 scorers.. from 194 - 145.... funny thing, there is only ONE Pakistani player and thats on top too.. lets hope he gets to stay there for some time..
              Life is not about how many breaths you take. its about the moments that takes your breath away.

Comment

I see it happening in future; ICC champions trophy, it will take place in India so it is likely some of the master batsman will accomplish the double mark*

Personally I hope its someone from Pakistan.

cant name one batsman but here are few likely candidates...

Shewag.
                Ghilchrist
                Afridi, Butt(if he last that long and is not kicked like tauffy &/ Farhat)
                hmhmmm....
                Life is straight as a jalebi, sweet yet...Twisted!

Comment

hope saeed remains the record holder, however if some one can break the record, it is adam gilchrist or lara, and I dont even want to think sehwag.
                  Incompetent Clueless Clowns: ICC

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticated_paki
                    FYI, beven as in Michael Bevan from Australia??? hez not even in the list of top 100 scorers.. from 194 - 145.... funny thing, there is only ONE Pakistani player and thats on top too.. lets hope he gets to stay there for some time..
                    I beleive Michael Bevan once scored 190 in a game for World XI vs Asia XI in Dhaka back in 2000. But since the match was unofficial according to the ICC, it was not counted. He did it against the likes of Akram, Murali, Razzaq, and Kumble.
                    Must have been a great inning.

As far Saeed Anwar's 194 is concerned, I think it will be broken very near in the future, I would nominate someone like Chris Gayles to break the record.

Comment

^
                      that match ended in a draw, with world Xi chasing 300+ and was obviously a FIXED match (atleast thats what i think)....

i think gilchrist, sehwag r the only batsmen who can reach 200 in an odi....
                      but u never know when its tendlia's day.....

afridi loses his head after reaching 50 and 110 looks beyond his reach so i highly doubt 200 from him....
                      salman butt.... too early in his career to hint at such an achievement....

from pakistan i see only shoaib malik who cud do it....
                      Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

The comparative maturity that Afridi has shown in past couple of months make me nominate him for breaking Saeed's Record. The bad part of Afridi is he can not defend. Remember his last century, the first ball he defended off Harbaji, he got himself out.

Go Sahid GO
                        Allah humma lakal hamdo walakashukar....

Comment

I hope no one breaks Saeed Anwar's record. But these days teams have to fight to defend 300+ runs in ODIs. Any batsman (mentioned above) who stays all 50 overs will have a chance to break the record. And since teams like UAE, Kenya, Bangladesh, and Holland will be playing in the next WC, anything is possible.

In my opinion Sehwag won't be the one to break the record. He gives too many chances in his innings. Same with Afridi. But Lara, and Gilshrist can do the magic on their days.

Comment

Lare will never break. He bats too low down in the order.
                            I hope no one every does. Certainly there isnt a player in this group who deserves to pass the great Saeed Anwer

Comment

SA can break the record of SA..no one else

Comment

Working...
                              X