Semi Finals: Pak Vs Aus/ Eng Vs Nz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Semi Finals: Pak Vs Aus/ Eng Vs Nz

Nz vs Eng matches always a treat to watch. Nz have played almost every semi final of icc events since 2011. They fight like hungery wolves, and today was no exception.

That was some bad bowling in the end by England that costed them. I hope Pakistan is taking notes.

The 2nd semifinal wont be easy for Pak, i hope they are not on any high horses as most Pakistanis are. Aussies are a great team. Learn from NZ-Eng match. Keep your nerves in control. No bad bowling, no extras either. In batting, ideally no early wickets but even if it happens just dont get under pressure.

Go after weaker bowlers. I sincerely hope Fakhar Zaman gets in form.

The news today that malik and rizwan didnt practice due to flu aint good but thats ok. Keep aim for the best. Good luck team Pakistan
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Pak is 14 runs short. They should have made 190

Umpire Aus ka 2nd out kha gya

Comment

Looks very difficult for Pak now

Comment

Shadab's bowling turned the tide for Pakistan. ESPN win predictor now saying 90.4% chance of Pakistan winning at 15.1 ov.

Comment

The percentages are deceptive.

Australia won with 1 over to spare. Shaniera now can cheer for her home team on Sunday.

Comment

What a team - Pakistan. Never seen this kind of professionalism and fighting spirit. Bowling, batting and definitely fielding. Well done!

Comment

Pakistan's weakness showed up as it doesn't play Aystralia, England and New Zealand enough.

Pakistan needs more good players than just a couple batsmen and two bowlers. People make fun of the notion but western states use statistics aka science when they bowl and field against a side yet even Imran Khan made fun of the notion some years back saying "talent" is enough.

India also stacked this group with three weak teams. They would have been in the semis if they had beaten Pakistan as usual and lost to New Zealand. The other three would have been warm up matches for India that was tired coming off from IPL.

Anyway, Malik and Hafeez failed today. Malik might be a good fielder but what is the purpose of Hafeez?
                We would have scored below 150 if Fakhir hadn't been in form today. Pakistan had good batting depth back when Saeed Anwar and Amir Sohail used to open in the nineties. We can't always depend upon Babar and Azam.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                  That was some bad bowling in the end by England that costed them. I hope Pakistan is taking notes.

The 2nd semifinal wont be easy for Pak, i hope they are not on any high horses as most Pakistanis are. Aussies are a great team. Learn from NZ-Eng match. Keep your nerves in control. No bad bowling, no extras either. In batting, ideally no early wickets but even if it happens just dont get under pressure.

Go after weaker bowlers. I sincerely hope Fakhar Zaman gets in form.

The news today that malik and rizwan didnt practice due to flu aint good but thats ok. Keep aim for the best. Good luck team Pakistan
                  Your concerns proved right. Bad bowling, extra runs, no balls and poor fielding cost us the match. And most of these things came from Hassan Ali alone.........He conceded 44 runs in 4 overs, bowled a no ball at a critical stage, and dropped a catch. Bowling no ball in knock outs is a crime.
                  And shaheen should also need to learn a few things from this match. He failed to read the situation after the dropped catch and bowled 3 same deliveries at the same spot.
                  Such a strong team it was, missed an opportunity to win the world cup.
                  Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Its a sad outcome and no matter how forgiving our nation is, i dont think we should let it slide under the carpet announcing "Sab acha hai" or hey atleast they beat india. I thought to give a detailed analysis but since its been days, Atleast two things:

1) Its time to say goodbye to Hafeez. Two tip ball in WC semifinal resulting in a six and a no-ball... really???
                    2) Hassan ali is NOT a T-20 bowler. He was a complete failure in this tournament except the one run-out he did against NZ group match. Such a baggage.

If you are not ready to learn from mistakes, you better stop playing at all. Period
                    Attitude is more important than facts.
                    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Murghi ke bachon ki tarah daba ke bethay hwe thay hassan ali wighera ko. It just got exposed now

Comment

Originally posted by Gothamist View Post
                        Murghi ke bachon ki tarah daba ke bethay hwe thay hassan ali wighera ko. It just got exposed now
                        Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                        Its a sad outcome and no matter how forgiving our nation is, i dont think we should let it slide under the carpet announcing "Sab acha hai" or hey atleast they beat india. I thought to give a detailed analysis but since its been days, Atleast two things:

1) Its time to say goodbye to Hafeez. Two tip ball in WC semifinal resulting in a six and a no-ball... really???
                        2) Hassan ali is NOT a T-20 bowler. He was a complete failure in this tournament except the one run-out he did against NZ group match. Such a baggage.

If you are not ready to learn from mistakes, you better stop playing at all. Period
                        I was going to say the same. Hassan Ali is not a T20 bowler. The pace and the length he bowls are ideal for power hitting. Add his poor fielding as well!

Comment

I know that we are on the Hassan Ali bandwagon but what about Hafeez?

The guy is as terrible or perhaps even worse of a bowler than he is a batsmen. I need to know what kaala jaadu he is involved in like Kamran Akmal in the past that he gets automatic selection when even Shoaib Malik wasn't guaranteed a spot in the T20 World Cup until the end.

Comment

• SID_NY
                            SID_NY commented
                            Editing a comment
                            akh.. i cant get over his two tips ball in a freakin "semi-final" of worldcup. At 0 ball he had already costed 7 runs.
                        Working...
                        X