• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan Vs England World T20 Final

InshALLAH.
    Thread opened for the final.
    Change my name if it does not happen!

Important Note :

Edited on (10-11-2021) : Well England are out of the tournament now after New Zealand's amazing performance. So it's going to be Pakistan Vs New Zealand in the final inshALLAH and Pakistan coming out victorious inshALLAH. So read the heading of the thread as Pakistan Vs New Zealand and not Pakistan Vs England.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_1636058587260.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	16700107
    Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 3 weeks ago.

I have so many bad memories of PAK vs AUS in knockout matches. Now that is what semi-final is going to be. I don't know their current players but AUS has always had some of the best fast ballers.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
      I have so many bad memories of PAK vs AUS in knockout matches. Now that is what semi-final is going to be. I don't know their current players but AUS has always had some of the best fast ballers.
      Apart from starck and pet cummins, all other bowlers are below average and i don't think they pose any kind of threat to us iA. Pakistan can easily make 200 runs against this bowling line-up if batters don't give them wickets in first 10 overs.
      Secondly their batting line up revolves around their openers who did not look too convincing to date. Faults lines are visible, our bowlers just need to exploit them.
      Last edited by Pakistani Prince; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Now thats an ambitious thread and I like it. Way to be positive. But i think once playoffs/semis start, its anybody's game.

NZ can win against england too, the other day SA showed how it can be done.

Now Pak v/s Aussies will for sure be a thriller. Who is going to open the thread for that game?
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post

Apart from starck and pet cummins, all other bowlers are below average and i don't think they pose any kind of threat to us iA. Pakistan can easily make 200 runs against this bowling line-up if batters don't give them wickets in first 10 overs.
          Secondly their batting line up revolves around their openers who did not look too convincing to date. Faults lines are visible, our bowlers just need to exploit them.
          i think Pak should take on Zumpa. He is such a overrated spinner. Specially malik and hafiz should take them on.
          In their batting lineup the biggest threat is maxwell. He is a big hitter.

Pak must play smartly.

I think our weakest bowler is hassan ali. Gives too many runs plus extras. Fakhr must get some form on otherwise its very dangerous for a one-down batsman to stay out of form like he is now.
          Also no need to send Imad early. He simply cant bat. Better send shadab or hassan if needed.

Lets open a seperate thread for this match

Comment

Originally posted by Pakistani Prince View Post

Closest to 200 Pakistan came against Namibia .... I mean against Namibia we couldn't score 200+ and here you are saying we can easily make 200 runs against Australia .... Bhai I would like to borrow what you smoking :
            Last edited by Captain1; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain1 View Post

Closest to 200 Pakistan came against Namibia .... I mean against Namibia we couldn't score 200+ and here you are saying we can easily make 200 runs against Australia .... Bhai I would like to borrow what you smoking :
              Dubai pitch is going be a batting pitch for the semi-final and seeing the current form of Australian bowlers 190+ is very much achievable

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

i think Pak should take on Zumpa. He is such a overrated spinner. Specially malik and hafiz should take them on.
                In their batting lineup the biggest threat is maxwell. He is a big hitter.

Pak must play smartly.

I think our weakest bowler is hassan ali. Gives too many runs plus extras. Fakhr must get some form on otherwise its very dangerous for a one-down batsman to stay out of form like he is now.
                Also no need to send Imad early. He simply cant bat. Better send shadab or hassan if needed.

Lets open a seperate thread for this match
                Zampa on a dead batting wicket can go for plenty. His 4 overs will be vital for Pakistan. Need to make at least 50-55 runs against him.

Comment

Fakhar must have seen sifarish or batting form that he got more chanced than Fawad Alam. This guy has failed in this tournament and reminds me of the Khatmal Brothers with Umar and his potential since he would smash some 4s and 6s in domestic Pakistani leagues. This tells you something about our standards but that is another issue for another time.

It looks like that Group B was set up to get India into the semifinals. If India had smashed Pakistan as stats suggested then even a loss to New Zealand wouldn't have had stopped them since they still could have smashed through Afghanistan, Scotland and Namibia. Group A had better matches.

I'm afraid for Pakistan against a rejuvenated Australia or the English if we go past the Aussies. I guess that Micheal Kugelman might get his wish with his choice of teams for the finals though he didn't say that if he expected the Pakistanis to win in the final. Asif Ali has been hyped up too much against oppositions in dew conditions with batting friendly wickets.

Comment

OP you jinxed England. I hope you didn't jinx Pakistan

Comment

RIP this thread

but its ok, I like being ambitious. It gives us hope.

Great job NZ. What a comeback! I didnt expect them to come back but man they took on Eng really well in last 4 overs. Kept their nerves intact. Take a bow!

I wanted Eng to win to see Moeen and Rashid playing again but otherwise its ok for us.

Comment

PP shouldn't open threads anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelganger View Post
                          PP shouldn't open threads anymore
                          I am stunned after what happened last night

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelganger View Post
                            It looks like that Group B was set up to get India into the semifinals.
                            I wonder if that is your own observation or you heard it from someone because I didn't hear anyone else bring that up despite it being so obvious once pointed out. I heard India invested huge sums into this World Cup and were the hosts so perhaps no one wanted to upset them.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X