Ramiz Raja - new PCB chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ramiz Raja - new PCB chief

An almost disputed commentator, not much liked by recent cricketers, Ramiz Raja has now been appointed as new PCB chief.

If you go down history he was the first one to be alleged match fixing but nobody probed into it.

Good tabdeeli?

I heard about Ramiz Raja being a runner up for the PCB chairman, but after two meetings with IK, Ehsan Mani likely to continue with a second term. Your tweet is on point though.

Comment

Ramiz Raja is confirmed to be the new PCB chairman. I think that is a good choice for the following reasons:

1- He lives in Pakistan so knows the culture, which has changed immensely over the last decade so that will help.
      2- He has tons of international exposure. I'm sure he has witnessed how advanced the training has become.
      3- He has seen things that work in England and Australia do not work in Pakistan. Ehsan Mani's blunders have taught him that.
      4- He is seen someone who rose through the ranks, so enjoys respect of rest of the board and players.
      5- He has been well connected with the public, so has heard tons of perspectives. He could possibly be the best PCB chairman to date.

Comment

• Gothamist
        Gothamist commented
        Editing a comment
        wow way early to call him a possible best. Has he run any cricketing organization that can add to his qualification?

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
      Ramiz Raja is confirmed to be the new PCB chairman. I think that is a good choice for the following reasons:

1- He lives in Pakistan so knows the culture, which has changed immensely over the last decade so that will help.
      2- He has tons of international exposure. I'm sure he has witnessed how advanced the training has become.
      3- He has seen things that work in England and Australia do not work in Pakistan. Ehsan Mani's blunders have taught him that.
      4- He is seen someone who rose through the ranks, so enjoys respect of rest of the board and players.
      5- He has been well connected with the public, so has heard tons of perspectives. He could possibly be the best PCB chairman to date.

I read today that the decision will be finalized Sep 13th but clearly RR is the front-runner. No I dont think its a good choice. And I'm sure we'll know.

This position is one of the highest paid positions in Pakistan. And this guy is too commercial for this very serious position.

Comment

Ramiz Raja's qualifications for chairmanship of PCB
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post
          Nothing wrong in being a fan of IK. I think he is the most competent person out of the lot being considered. I was afraid that the post will go to some military man, and then criticizing the performance of PCB will make one an enemy of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

Possibly, or not. It was very hard to read your screenshot. I just dont want to raise any expectation as of yet unless I see him concretely changing the cricket structure.

Comment

Forget RR, PCB going through some damn serious changes.

Out : Coach Misbah and Coach Waqar.

In: Coach Saqlain Mushtaq and Coach Abdul Razzaq.

I just am truly curious to know who is pulling all these strings?
            Attitude is more important than facts.
            "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

Nothing wrong in being a fan of IK. I think he is the most competent person out of the lot being considered. I was afraid that the post will go to some military man, and then criticizing the performance of PCB will make one an enemy of the state.
              Looks like whatever you were afraid may deep down be true. Just not in front. Otherwise why changes in coaching before RR taking over?

Comment

New PCB chairman : Ramiz Raja confirmed without any contestant.

Moreover there are coaching changes. Another thread?

Comment

Ramiz Raja is reaping what was sown by previous PCB admin. The abandonment by NZ is so disappointing, but I do not blame NZ. Just like failure to arrange DRS for the tour, I believe there were several other arrangements that were lacking on PCB's part which PK is not willing to admit. As far as the new coaches are concerned, I will not hold the new coaches responsible for the upcoming T20 WC 2021 in less than 6 weeks. Other than that the new coaches seem fine. I believe foreign coaches are always a better choice for PK as they do not get sucked in petty politics and rivalries.

Comment

Working...
                  X