PSL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSL 2021

You know how time is passing quickly when another season of PSL is here.

Already three matches are played. Defending champ Karachi, last year's finalist Lahore and Islo have won their matches.

Who'll win this year?

2016 – Islamabad United
    017 – Peshawar Zalmi
    2018 – Islamabad United
    2019 – Quetta Gladiators
    2020 – Karachi Kings
    2021 – ??

Beautiful trophy!

Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

That's not a bad looking trophy. I'm impressed.

Other than that, I got nothing.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, they may have lost it at the PSL anthem but good selection in trophy atleast

• a7mado
      a7mado commented
      Editing a comment
      The PSL song is pure cringe

That's a lovely trophy. Much better than what they have in the IPL

I was initially rooting for Multan Sultans...but since they replaced Shan with Rizwan as captain, I'm not supporting them anymore. Rizwan has been a revelation at the top of the order as a batsman & is a wonderful wicket keeper...but in my opinion he is certainly not captaincy material.

He actually showed his brutal captaincy skills in the first game for Multan in this current PSL against Islamabad....Multan was in a strong position to win the game but lost in the end.

My family is from Lahore so naturally I have a soft spot for them...but seeing Sohail Akhtar as captain & Aaqib Javed as coach makes me cringe.

I'm not a fan of Imad Wasim the player...but I think he is the only decent captain in Pakistan at the moment.
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

I think this year Lahore is the most balanced team. Specially with the Shaheen Afridi on fast bowling and Rashid Khan/Hafeez in spin, its a complete package.

Although I agree with yaasir for Sohail Akhter as their captain. No idea why they picked him. Still, I'm putty my projection here as LQ being one of the finalists for sure this year.

On the other hand Quetta looks most weak team. Relying too much on Gayle who cannot be trusted for so many games. Not so good bowling either. Usman shinwari is defo not a T20 bowler.

Comment

Saw last three matches. All of them high scoring, all won by team chasing score.

And here is another fun part. In all three games, it was blown away in 19th over by defending bowler. Something I hope coaches are taking notes of.

Comment

Watched 2nd inning of today's rivalry match Lahore Qs v/s KK. Worst captaincy ever by Imad. When Amir was on fire with two wickets down he was taken out and not give ball till 17th over. In this duration there was a mammoth partnership built and that snatched the game away from KK.
          Once again, Lahore has the best team IMO. However Karachi should have won this game.

Comment

Curtains on PSL as of now as reportedly 10 players got COVID +ve. Its sad.

Hoping it'll resume soon but as for now all foreign players have left.

Comment

Working...
            X