"Its lights out..." - Formula GupShup - 2021 Season Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Its lights out..." - Formula GupShup - 2021 Season Discussion Thread

The unofficial official Formula 1 discussion thread on GupShup.

First order of business.

2021 Predictions

1. Will Mercedes sign Lewis Hamilton for 2021?
    2. Will Mercedes remain dominant in 2021? in other words, will it be another year of "GET in there Lewis..." or will be it be a year full of "Bono... my tires are gone"
    3. Will Sebastian Vettel have a good year at Aston Martin F1?
    4. Will McLaren be a competitive team this year? Considering they have the new Mercedes powertrain for 2021.
    5. Ferrari master Blan 2021? sBinalla?

How & Why?

Also, please don't let this thread die... like Romain Grosjean's career.

Also, also, F1 meme's are more than welcome.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Bonus discussion point: How much do you not want Lewis Hamilton in F1? That uncultured swine...
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Oh boy i'm so out of touch with car racing. You have to explain all of this first
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        Oh boy i'm so out of touch with car racing. You have to explain all of this first
        Lol, I'd suggest you watch F1 drive to survive on Netflix, it will help you get a grasp on the world of F1.

Got a lot of desi's hooked on F1 by recommending that they watch the show. Timings a bit unfortunate though, with Mercedes winning every single WCC title in the last 7 years, and Lewis Hamilton equalling Michael Schumacher's all time record of 7 drivers championship titles.

Hopefully, 2022 will bring about some real action, as the regulations are changing, with limits being put on how much a team can spend on R&D, and drivers salaries being capped at ONLY $30m per season.

2021 could be an interesting season as well, with slight regulations changes resulting in a ban on engine development and some of the mid field teams showing good potential towards the end of the 2020 season. Who knows, we might just see McLaren or Red Bull snag a world title this year.

But yeah, I would highly recommend that you watch F1: Drive to Survive, even if you don't know anything about motorsports.

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          I spend a lot of time netflixing with no chill so yea will surely check that out

• a7mado
          a7mado commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Do share your thoughts.

Originally posted by a7mado View Post
        But yeah, I would highly recommend that you watch F1: Drive to Survive, even if you don't know anything about motorsports.
        Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out too
        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out too
          Sure. Do share your opinion it.

BTW, good to see another O.G. from the good ol' days.

Comment

Sure. Do share your opinion it.

BTW, good to see another O.G. from the good ol' days.
            Ofcourse, I will. But I'll watch it after 2 weeks 'cuz I have exams coming up.

Oh I never left. I'll go down with the ship
            Unfortunately I don't remember your ID were you around with another ID in the past or just this one?
            Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
              Ofcourse, I will. But I'll watch it after 2 weeks 'cuz I have exams coming up.
              Best of luck!

Oh I never left. I'll go down with the ship
              Unfortunately I don't remember your ID were you around with another ID in the past or just this one?
              That's alright, as you can see by my post count, I wasn't around for that long. I used to mod the the 'Machines & Gadgets' sub-forum with Teggy because of my "vast knowledge" on the subject.

But yeah, 2007 to about 2010. Those were the days.

Comment

10 days to fp1 in Bahrain and the first race of the 2021 calendar year, starts on the following Sunday.

Comment

Best of luck!

That's alright, as you can see by my post count, I wasn't around for that long. I used to mod the the 'Machines & Gadgets' sub-forum with Teggy because of my "vast knowledge" on the subject.

But yeah, 2007 to about 2010. Those were the days.
                  Is there some kind of reunion going on?
                  thanks for the suggestion I'll watch that too, hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by WiseGuy View Post

Is there some kind of reunion going on?
                    thanks for the suggestion I'll watch that too, hopefully.
                    Man, I wish all the oldies would come back, people on this site these days are cancer...

Comment

UPDATE: Race weekend is upon us.

Friday - Free Practice.
                      Saturday - Qualifying.
                      Sunday - Race day. @ 16:00 GMT.

Comment

Working...
                      X