Pakistan vs SA Test Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan vs SA Test Series

Absolutely bizarre team selection. I had high hopes from the new Chief Selector Mohammed Wasim as he seems like a sensible person.

Sarfaraz Ahmed is part of the squad when Rohail Nazir should have been selected for the home series.

36 year old Tabish Khan is in the squad. A 36 year old fast bowler. Are you kidding me. He should have been in the team 10-12 years ago. Why are you selecting him now when he's way past his prime.

Imran Butt & Abid Ali are the openers selected. I'm not convinced either of them are a long term solution. I have seen Imran bat in domestic games and he's got a lot of improvements to make.

Mohammad Nawaz is selected as an all-arounder for test matches. Again, another joke of a selection.

Sajid Khan the off spinner who was recently clobbered all over the place in the domestic tournament final by Hassan Ali is another spinner in the squad.

The only positive thing that happened was they dropped Haris Sohail & Abbas.
    Haris Rauf one of several new faces as new chief selector Mohammad Wasim names his first squad
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

The only good thing is the admission of some new players. I strongly believe that if they even lose with new players, atleast those players will be able to learn something and there is a chance to come back stronger. One example is the improved version of Rizwan.

I still have no big hopes though. But well as long as we are playing instead of lamenting other teams to play with us
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      The only good thing is the admission of some new players. I strongly believe that if they even lose with new players, atleast those players will be able to learn something and there is a chance to come back stronger. One example is the improved version of Rizwan.

I still have no big hopes though. But well as long as we are playing instead of lamenting other teams to play with us
      That's very true. Good to see some fresh faces in the squad. It gives hope to upcoming talented players to prove themselves at the domestic level so they can have a chance to represent Pakistan.

It's great to see a full strength South African team visiting Pakistan without any fuss.
      Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

On a slightly different note, saw how indian team v/s Aussies was exactly in the same scenario as 1st test between Pak and NZ. Not once but twice. Last test they had 400+ runs for 4th inning and wickets started falling but Ashwin and other tail stood there and saved the day.
        For this 4th test, which was the decider, they had 300+ to score in almost a day and they managed to win it with the help of many new batsmen. Now thats the professionalism Pakistani board and team should seek, if they want to improve

Comment

On a slightly different note, saw how indian team v/s Aussies was exactly in the same scenario as 1st test between Pak and NZ. Not once but twice. Last test they had 400+ runs for 4th inning and wickets started falling but Ashwin and other tail stood there and saved the day.
          For this 4th test, which was the decider, they had 300+ to score in almost a day and they managed to win it with the help of many new batsmen. Now thats the professionalism Pakistani board and team should seek, if they want to improve
          Man what a performance by India. I watched day 5 live & I was glued to my TV.

With all the injures team India had...even a draw in the 4th test match would have been a miracle for them. That too, at The Gabba, which is Australia's fortress & they were unbeaten at that venue for 32 years.

But to come out & chase 328 on day 5 against a bowling attack that consists of Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins & Lyon... unbelievable. Tremendous batting effort by Gill, Pujara & Pant.

Comment

South Africa touring Pakistan is such happy news. For me Pakistan has already won this series, and I don’t care about the match results anymore. The tournament finishing without incident is all I care about now. I’ve heard of huge traffic jams around National stadium, and hope the hassle to common people due to the tournament could be minimized. Looking forward to England, New Zealand, and Australia to tour next.

Comment

• yaasir
              yaasir commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with you. This is a huge win for Pakistan. After 2009, I thought top tier cricket would never return to Pakistan in my lifetime. But I'm so glad how things have changed since 2013.

Regarding traffic jams and all that... unfortunately that's here to stay. This current military leadership is very professional & definitely won't be taking any chances when it comes to the security of the players.

My cousins live close to the Gadaffi stadium in Lahore & they use curse words I can't type here everytime a cricket match happens in Lahore.

First test started. First day, 14 wickets fell.

Pak got them out for a good 220 but then lol. Typical batsmen started getting out. 3 batters plus night watchman gone.

Now they need a big change in wicket behavior to get some good score

Comment

I was just about to post this. I watched all of day one live. Hasan Ali was absolutely pathetic with the new ball. The SA openers were treating him like they're playing a T20.

As expected Pakistani openers failed. Abid Ali is a proven failure and Imran Butt has an average of 36 in domestic cricket...so what do you expect at the international level.

I'm expecting Fawad Alam to score big. He has played majority of his first class cricket at this ground... no one knows more about this pitch than him.

It was refreshing to see Pakistan at least have a good day in the field.

Comment

Pakistan was on its way to be humbled by SA but guess who came to rescue?! FAWAD ALAM. 3rd century in 8th match.

8 test matches that have a gap of freakin 10 years. who is responsible for this?

Glad he could do it on home ground.

Comment

Pakistan was on its way to be humbled by SA but guess who came to rescue?! FAWAD ALAM. 3rd century in 8th match.

8 test matches that have a gap of freakin 10 years. who is responsible for this?

Glad he could do it on home ground.
                  Yesss sir! Fawad Alam. Imagine if he was given the consistent run that was given to the likes of Asad Shafiq.

Everytime I see Fawad batting, I genuinely feel sorry for the fellow. His prime days of batting were stolen from him. Petty politics was behind his continued non selection..
                  plus his unorthodox batting technique. Our so called experts thought he would never succeed at the international level with that stance. So glad everyone who doubted Fawad Alam is getting an egg on their face now.

Comment

Pakistan is in a commanding position.

^ Oh, what a sentence to write about Pakistan after such a long while

Comment

No comments about 2nd test? Hey, Pakistan won, again!

First of all, I think it was great that PCB made a good pitch that gave us result despite first day washout.

Second, credit goes to few names. Faheem Ashraf, Hassan Ali and the match savior Rizwan. Great century!

Wonderful home series for Pak

Comment

No comments about 2nd test? Hey, Pakistan won, again!

First of all, I think it was great that PCB made a good pitch that gave us result despite first day washout.

Second, credit goes to few names. Faheem Ashraf, Hassan Ali and the match savior Rizwan. Great century!

Wonderful home series for Pak
                        And they also won the T20 series. But I wouldn't get too excited about that. They were playing a very weak SA team. But the test victory is a great achievement no doubt.

But I still have a major lack of confidence and trust in this coaching setup...they're OK for home test series but for away series, they don't have the intelligence or planning capability to perform against the likes of NZ, Aus, India, SA in their backyard.

Comment

Yesss, lets talk about T20. Wonderful series for Pakistan. Specially Rizwan been playing like a GOAT. What an improvement he brought. Clearly without him we would have lost this series.

Zahid is another new find leg-spinner but my question is, where were all these treasures buried? The selectors should be held accountable.

And yes yaasir i agree with your assessment about coaching staff. They are bluh. And yes they'll be exposed again in any first foreign visit.

Comment

Working...
                          X