Pak vs NZ T 20 and tests series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak vs NZ T 20 and tests series

Series ended in a 2-1 . A consolation victory for PK after going 2-0 down. Hafeez re-born in the series as T20 batter.

I'm only getting to know about this via social media.

First of all, what the hell is going on with PCB.

How is Shadab the captain in T20 and wait for it, Rizwan in tests. Really?

How was Amir conveniently alienated forcing him into retirement while Wahab Riaz is flourishing despite unbelievably terrible performance.

Clearly the standards of Pakistani cricket are drowning in the era of guess who, a PM who was a legit cricketer himself.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I have said repeatedly that the issue is much deeper than team selection, batting order or captaincy. The real issue is shrinking career options for professional cricketers once they are not in the National team. When players realize that the moment they’ll be dropped, they’ll also lose their source of income, they start side-businesses like real estate, venture investment, livestock, etc. I do not blame them. But those side-ventures really distract players from focusing on cricket. If the government wants to end this distraction, the government should develop career options for retired cricketers and those who have dropped out.

Miandad was really mad at IK for abolishing inter-departmental cricket for the same reason but everyone dismissed Miandad's call at the time. PCB is headed by IK's friends who do not have competence to run PCB.

Also, there are severe issues in early identification and grooming of talent in Pakistan. Many talented guys got injured due to poor technique or lack of facilities before they could start their career. Those who didn't got injured, formed bad habits that are too difficult to correct by a coach later on.

Comment

that is true.

Comment

Now the test series is on under the new captain, who I really feel for. The poor guy is nothing but a escape-goat.

Shaheen Afridi got 2 quick wickets and then 3rd as well but then there were partnerships. As of this moment NZ is 365/6. Looks like more than 400 will need a solid batting from Pakistan. Lets see.

Comment

Second defeat in a row but ghabrana nahin since it is due to COVID bukhaar

Comment

I wonder what excuses Misbah & Co. are coming with for this humiliating defeat, specially in the 2nd test.

But well the word humiliation is reserved for those who work to earn respect and then fail. Here, its just a mama chacha group pushing cricket to the same level as hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                I wonder what excuses Misbah & Co. are coming with for this humiliating defeat, specially in the 2nd test.

But well the word humiliation is reserved for those who work to earn respect and then fail. Here, its just a mama chacha group pushing cricket to the same level as hockey.
                The whole coaching staff needs to be revamped.

Misbah-Ul-Haq needs to be fired after failing series after series. I really wanted to give a local coach a chance but it certainly seems like we need a professional, qualified & foreign coach.

The other person that needs to go is Waqar Younis. This guy has been involved with the Pakistani team for many years now...first he failed as head coach & now he has failed miserably as bowling coach.

Younus Khan also has zero qualifications to be batting coach & should be replaced with a seasoned professional.

Also, our fielding coach is some local guy named Majeed, under whom our fielding has only regressed.

I've had enough of this full on Pakistani coaching staff. They don't have the capability to turn this bunch of mediocre players to anything substantial.
                Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege - Joseph Stallin.

Comment

• SID_NY
                  SID_NY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. The whole battalion of coaches clearly are more there due to personal kinship in the board, not merit. Recipe of disaster
              Working...
              X