Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Day..

in Pakistani Cricket...

3 years back, June 18th 2020. Pakistan humiliated India by crushing in ICC champions trophy final.

Most memorable day and joyful day that I can remember in our cricketing history.

Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

It's strange, beating India esp makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, in many ways it's much better than having a crush on someone <3
    Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

Comment

Originally posted by Mademoiselle View Post
      It's strange, beating India esp makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, in many ways it's much better than having a crush on someone <3
      how warm? lol Nice anomaly of being better than a crush lol.

Seriously, that was the best day of my cricket watching life. I couldnt believe its happening. Especially since Pak lost against them in the first match.

And I cannot narrate in words how happy I was .. wasnt staying on ground atleast

Comment

Oh yes, I was so happy at the 2017 Champions Trophy Win. More so because the Indians had gotten sooooo arrogant and dismissive. Especially Sehwag, Ganguly, Harbajan, and many of their top actors. But the tiny wins between 2007 till 2012, although insignificant from a purely cricketing perspective, were more important for me as they gave me some badly needed trickles of good news during those terrible years. Those were the years when almost every day Pakistan was the top headline news story for law and order incidents. Many think tanks were predicting it’s collapse as a state.

One thing that I learned during those times was how sometimes ignorance is bliss and we need to focus on the most impactful things we can do. A cricketer, a student, a teacher, etc. can have the biggest impact if they focus on their jobs during such times. Let’s say if the cricketers would have started worrying too much about the law and order situation, or got involved in politics, or got involved in charity work while they were supposed to be sharpening their cricketing skills, they would have never secured those much needed wins during those otherwise difficult times.

Here is the Indian pre-match analysis video before the Champions Trophy:

And this one after Pakistan had batted:

And finally:

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
          One thing that I learned during those times was how sometimes ignorance is bliss and we need to focus on the most impactful things we can do. A cricketer, a student, a teacher, etc. can have the biggest impact if they focus on their jobs during such times. Let’s say if the cricketers would have started worrying too much about the law and order situation, or got involved in politics, or got involved in charity work while they were supposed to be sharpening their cricketing skills, they would have never secured those much needed wins during those otherwise difficult times.
          Agreed. Or in other words just be a true professional and be very mindful of the responsibilities given to you.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
            Oh yes, I was so happy at the 2017 Champions Trophy Win. More so because the Indians had gotten sooooo arrogant and dismissive. Especially Sehwag, Ganguly, Harbajan, and many of their top actors. But the tiny wins between 2007 till 2012, although insignificant from a purely cricketing perspective, were more important for me as they gave me some badly needed trickles of good news during those terrible years. Those were the years when almost every day Pakistan was the top headline news story for law and order incidents. Many think tanks were predicting it’s collapse as a state.

Here is the Indian pre-match analysis video before the Champions Trophy:
            Ya my friend..spoke my mind there. I see that Indians can become very arrogant and dismissive when it comes to cricket or any other field. I am a cricket fan..so beating Indians makes me joyful. But not arrogant..because it is just a sport at the end of the day..

"Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
            Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
            By Royal Gala

Comment

Working...
            X