Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spurious Match-Fixing Tittle-Tattle Thread

Inspired by rashid Latif.

Ok everyone who has heard any stories, rumours, gossip etc about matches being fixed can you please post them here? Absolutely no evidence is required as usual, a bit of name-dropping will do wonders and the stupider the theories the better

Mods please can you move all subsequent match-fixing posts to this thread so we know which thread to find them and don't have to click on the topic

This guy who plays in my team got a call from a bookie friend in Dubai after the end of first innings. He advised him NOT to bet anymore on a Pakistani win.

Comment

The latest I heard is that India will return the favor by letting Pak win 2-0 in tests. Which reminds me, aren't we having a thread about voting for who will win in the tests?

Comment

Originally posted by karina:
        The latest I heard is that India will return the favor by letting Pak win 2-0 in tests.
        Yeah, thats just cuz if India losses the Test series, you get a chance to say "Told you!". Remember, Pakistan does not get paid to win. They win when they don't get paid, and i am not talking about getting paid by the PCB, mind you.

Let me also be the first one to blow the whistle on the Pak-India Polo matches going on. Its too much of a co-incidence that Pakistan won the first match of the three match series, India the second, and now the series is tied at 1-1. Score in first match 10-8. Score in second match: 10-9. i screamed fixed the moment I heard it on the news.

I am also very suspicious of the SAF games. Especially any contests pitting Pakistan against India. Something very fishy is going on.

Comment

Let me be the first to say that the matches are fixed whoever wins. I heard it from the tramp who sits in the doorway of Ladbroke's bookies.

Ok that's my bases covered. Beat that people

Comment

after the end of 3rd match when pakistan was leading by 2:1 few of my indian friend told me that pakistan will lose the series

Comment

I knew the series will be 3:2 even before Indian govt agreed to allow the series to go ahead

Comment

well cricket is the NEW WWE

Comment

[thumb=E]3sv3s10351_9219891.JPG[/thumb]

this bookie had 3 SSS from pak in his left pocket... (from times of india web site)

my mom came the same day from Lahore to Saudia when we lost the final match, she saying that it was confirmed that pak will loose and amount of 25 billion pak rupees were on bet for pak loosing this match,,,
                  only some millions were betted on pak winning this match...

for the tests pak will win one test and 2 will be draw...

the rate is now 50/50 in pak, maybe it will change before or between the test matches........

Comment

Originally posted by fasal:
                    [thumb=E]3sv3s10351_9219891.JPG[/thumb]

for the tests pak will win one test and 2 will be draw...

the rate is now 50/50 in pak, maybe it will change before or between the test matches........
                    I would think there's a fair chance that Pakistan will win 1-0 anyway. That's what I would put my money on for a result and it's got nothing to do with fixing.

Love that pic though. lol.

Comment

My uncle is a brgdr and His PA told him that pa of some other high profile general told him that series will be tied 2-2 on musharraf's instructions and last match will be won by the team who works hard on that day.

Check out the hierarchy though
                      The will of Allah will not take you where the Grace of Allah will not protect you.

Comment

Well apparantly Mr rashid latif has some sort of proof that he is going to present to the court if he gets taken to the courts.

He says he has solid proof that pakistan took bribes to lose the match,

we'll just have to wait and see.
                        I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by

Comment

Originally posted by saby:
                          My uncle is a brgdr and His PA told him that pa of some other high profile journal told him that series will be tied 2-2 on musharraf's instructions and last match will be won by the team who works hard on that day.
                          Yeah...it's amazing that no one predicted the outcome of the final match though eh?

Now that would have really shown us if it was a fix or not

Comment

Fixed series...lol

see i was right...the whole series is fixed on govt level!!

Comment

Re: Fixed series...lol

Originally posted by leonine:
                              see i was right...the whole series is fixed on govt level!!
                              i need your comments on that

Comment

Working...
                              X