Lehman (my best guess) is completely fooled:
    8279.0.4525828.Wasim_04.mpg

Yeah, good luck keeping that one out:
    8279.0.5958787.Wasim_05.mpg

the wrath of Akram:
    8279.0.7117294.Wasim_06.mpg

on your bike, Martyn:
    8279.0.3817984.Wasim_07.mpg

Due Credit: http://www.geocities.com/greatwasimakram - Thanks Nancy.

CHhaa gaya!

Comment

Thanks Samb for the clips. Wasim is sure the GREATEST bowler the game of Cricket has ever seen. So lethal so disastrous. No other bowler has ever been effective like him.
      charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
      zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

Cool Stuff....Great Idea..Make them a beliver...

I think the following should also be included here....

Wasims dismissal of Alan Lamb in WC 92
        Wasims dismissal of Chris Lewis off the next delivery in WC 92

Wasims dismissal of Rahall David in the Test series in India.. (unbelievable delivery)
        Do look at the lense through which you look at the world.

Comment

Thanks Samb and Nancy. The guy was awesome. No tribute is enough for him.

Comment

Re: his royal Wasimness

Originally posted by sambrialian:
            Wasim bowls Gilly through the gates:
            8279.0.5167353.Wasim_03.mpg

Lehman (my best guess) is completely fooled:
            8279.0.4525828.Wasim_04.mpg

Yeah, good luck keeping that one out:
            8279.0.5958787.Wasim_05.mpg

the wrath of Akram:
            8279.0.7117294.Wasim_06.mpg

on your bike, Martyn:
            8279.0.3817984.Wasim_07.mpg

Due Credit: http://www.geocities.com/greatwasimakram - Thanks Nancy.
            u r welcome
            ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

these are all good but i thought when Akram came close to hat trick chance by bowling out Martyn in 2003 world cup was one of the best deliveries i have seen from him - that was thumping stuff!
              If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Comment

Wasim Akram hailed by one and all

Hailing him as one of the greatest bowlers ever, cricketers and administrators in Pakistan on Monday heaped praises on Wasim Akram who bid farewell to international cricket on Sunday.
                Captain Rashid Latif, who is leading Pakistan in a triangular tournament in Sri Lanka, said he was sad to hear about Akram's decision to retire.

"I don't think we will see someone as naturally talented as him for a long time now. I have never seen a greater cricketer or sportsman than him," Latif said.

"It is sad to hear about his retirement. But it was something that was playing on his mind for sometime now."

Akram, who has a world record 502 wickets in One-day Internationals apart from 414 scalps in Test cricket, was dumped out of the Pakistan team, along with some of the senior most players, after the team's disastrous campaign in the World Cup in South Africa earlier this year.

Even though his teammate Shoaib Akhtar returned to the squad for the tri-series in Sri Lanka, Akram, currently playing county cricket in England, was ignored by the selectors.

Legendary all-rounder and his former mentor Imran Khan rated Akram alongside Michael Holding of West Indies as two of the greatest bowlers the world has ever seen.

"I reckon Wasim and West Indian Michael Holding are two of the best and most natural fast bowlers of the century,"

Imran Khan was quoted by AFP as saying.

"Grooming Wasim was the easiest thing because he was naturally gifted. All I ingrained in him was the ability to take wickets," Imran Khan said.

Another former captain, Zaheer Abbas, described Wasim as the "pride of Pakistani cricket".

"Losing a player like Wasim is the most depressing thing. It will be hard to replace him," Abbas told AFP.

Pakistan's chief selector Amir Sohail denied Wasim's decision was prompted by his expulsion.

"We did not close the doors on any senior player. Wasim could have staged a comeback," Sohail told AFP.

"Wasim was a great servant of Pakistani cricket and I pay him the richest of tributes."

Another former captain Javed Miandad, who is credited with introducing a raw Wasim Akram into the international stage, echoed the sentiments of Imran Khan.

"Wasim Akram was one of the greatest finds of Pakistan cricket in the last two decades," Miandad, now coach of the national side, said in Colombo. "I still feel proud that I was the one who pushed him into the Pakistan team."

Pakistan Cricket Board chief Lt Gen Tauqir Zia also paid rich tributes to Akram and said his 19-year experience at the international level would be suitably utilised to train newcomers.

"We do not want that 19 years of international experience of Wasim should go in waste. We would definitely like to use his experience for the promotion of the game in the country," Zia said adding that Akram could be asked to train young bowlers at the academy.

Latif also felt that Akram can continue to contribute to Pakistan cricket and he would love to be associated in this endeavour.

"I have always looked up to him as a cricketer. It was an experience keeping to his bowling all these years," Latif told PTI.

Zia said PCB had a number of plans in mind to honour Akram, one of them being to dedicate one of the One-day Internationals to be played between Pakistan and South Africa in Pakistan later this year to the former captain.

Meanwhile in India, the man who terrorised batsmen for a living will be seen on the international stage no more.

Wasim Akram will be missed by teammates, opponents and fans. No less by the Indians who were at the receiving end of his fury many a time.

"Akram is the best fast bowler I have ever played against in the world. His deceptive bouncers were very lethal and because of that Akram found success so often," former India captain Krisnamachari Srikkanth said.

"Akram will be remembered for ever as one of the all time greats," said Srikkanth who led the last Indian team to visit Pakistan, way back in 1989.

Akram's retirement, announced midway through a county match in England, might have been low key without much hoopla but at least, Akram realised early enough that he no more had a chance of returning to the Pakistan team and bid a quiet adieu.

More than 400 wickets in both forms of the game is a rare double that would withstand the test of time. If his 1,032 first-class wickets at 21.65 including 70 five-fers and 16 ten-wicket hauls are staggering, the two hat-tricks in both Tests and One-day Internationals complete the picture of an all-time great.

"He was the best paceman and none of the top batsmen in the world ever felt comfortable while facing Akram," former player and selection committee chairman Chandu Borde said echoing the thoughts of most of the Indians.

Of course, what set Akram apart from his contemporaries was that he did not need to resort to any kind of sledging to earn his wickets. There had hardly been a moment in his entire career when Akram spat verbal volleys in the manner of the likes of Glenn McGrath after beating a batsman.

There was not even the typical West Indian fast bowler's cold stare on the follow- through. Just a rueful grin on the sweaty face which seemed to ask, "how could you have missed it".

Former India all-rounder Robin Singh vouches for Akram's approach to the game.

"He is a gentleman cricketer and he will be missed," said Robin Singh.

"He is the most complete bowler in the world. My personal observation of Akram is that he is the best fast bowler in the world. He is a fast bowler with rare natural abilities and he has proved quite often that he can take wickets at will," Singh told.

For all his exploits all over the world, Akram enjoyed bowling against India, claiming 45 wickets from 12 Tests and 60 from 48 One-day Internationals.

"A series against India always rises our spirit. We in Pakistan say 'whenever you want to get back into form, have a match against India'," the bowler himself has said often, and that may explain the levels to which he raised his game when playing against the subcontinent rivals.

The ten-wicket haul by Anil Kumble might be often mentioned feat in the last Test series played between the two neighbouring countries but the cricket puritan would like to remember Akram's spell on the fifth morning in the Chennai Test which Pakistan won.

The delivery that got Rahul Dravid was just one fibre of a magical yarn that the seamer weaved around the Indian batting mainstay. Thoughts of facing Akram would be the last thing the recently-married Dravid would want to have during his honeymoon.

Akram's battle with other leading Indian cricketers of his time was also stuff of folklore. Ever since his lethal bouncer left Srikkanth with a bleeding forehead in a One-day International in 1987-88, one may say the swashbuckling batsman failed to bat with the same authority against the Pakistani.

In the famous return series in 1989, Akram opened some of the old scars - to borrow a phrase from Steve Waugh - to have Srikkanth dismissed in the seven of the eight innings. In the eighth instance, the Indian captain was caught by Akram.
                charah saazon se alag hai mayar mera kay main
                zakham khaaonga tou kuch aur nikhar jaaonga

Comment

thnx for sharing!

Comment

Re: his royal Wasimness

Originally posted by sambrialian:
                    Wasim bowls Gilly through the gates:
                    8279.0.5167353.Wasim_03.mpg
                    Clueless, totally clueless look at the expressions and body language of Gilly
                    Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
                    Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

The other videos will b appreciated of him

if anybody of you have videos of cricket moments..
                      please share

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan:
                        The guy was awesome. No tribute is enough for him.
                        woah...an indirect shot at Samb's tribute to Wasim Akram...

I believe if given chance Wasim can still claim more wickets than Umer gul or shabbir in the coming series but that is never going to happen

After his retirement, I read he hinted his interest to play against India for the last time. I don't know what happened after that...

Comment

I think that once we get a 3-0 lead, Wasim should be drafted in to play the last ODI (prolly at the expense of the least performing bowler). That would be a great gesture, the crowd would love it on both sides of the border and Wasim can bow out of the game in style. bechara must've really felt left out after witnessing such a huge reception for Steve Waugh on the ozzie tour.

And of course, a chance once again to remind all the lil' champu's, Zaheers and Irfans and what have you, for one last time who the their daddy really was and always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_guy:
                            Wasim is sure the GREATEST bowler the game of Cricket has ever seen. So lethal so disastrous. No other bowler has ever been effective like him
                            and it all looked so effortless !!

Comment

Wasim Akram.....

Simply The best.... :love:
                              FACE OF AN ~.~ANGEL~.~ APPETITE OF A VAMPIRE

Comment

Working...
                              X