Time to play Ball.... !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to play Ball.... !

guys.. spring is just around the corner and things are heating up on the MLB side... two teams that have really improved...

NY Yankees: If you think India has the best batting line up, Think again The question is how do you beat a team like this.. With A-rod in the lineup, I think Red sox will have to wait ..... at least for another year...

Chicago Cubs:... The wait on Maddux is over.. with him joining the lineup I think cubs have the best starting rotation in the league... and no matter how strong the batting, it is still a pitchers game.. The do face a littly resistance from Astros in their division but with dusty baker at the core... this should not be any problem. Maybe this is the year for the north siders to finally break the curse....

wt do you guys think???

possibly. yanks have a fantasy league line up and their pitching is slightly worse than the sox. i don't think they gain a hell of a lot because they shipped a not-so-shoddy player to get A-Rod but A-Rod is better in clutch situations. it's bad for baseball (the rest of the teams that is) but makes for an interesting season. sucks that, before a single pitch has been thrown, that you can count on one hand the teams who have a chance to win it all:
    Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Astros, Phillies.

Comment

and god said on the 8th day.. "Thous shalt feel the full wrath of A-Rod's potential when he evenetually signs up for a contender".

All ya A-Rod haters shall know what ye had been doubting n sh*t, and atone for ur sins. I don't care how commanding a presence Jeter holds, get Rodriguez to short-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo Kazama:

I don't care how commanding a presence Jeter holds, get Rodriguez to short-stop.
        Ya right !.. wts next on your list??? replace God and claim sole ownership of heavens...

Comment

next? whachoo talkin' bou' foo'! This is divine commandment. :halo:

Jeter's days at the Bronx are numbered, A-Rod'll blow away the stats and (P)eter's headed to neverneverland. How many yrs do you think he has left in him? 2?3?5? time to think again

Comment

keep dreaming DK.... A-Rod will be stuck at 3rd base for a long ass time.

Jeter will be leading NY for atleast another 6 years..

I will take any bet on this...

Comment

6?! you're on.

Jeter'll give a push and show an improvement in performance no doubt but it won't be enough to stop A-Rod from becoming the apple of NY's eye.

In other news, the curse of the bambino will still stand, and no schilling willing is gonna muster together more than a spirited mini-fart in trying to stop the inevitable.

Diablo "ur future told" Kazama. :-D

Comment

What about that guy Miguel Tejada traded to Baltimore Orioles. He any good?
                "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo Kazama:

In other news, the curse of the bambino will still stand, and no schilling willing is gonna muster together more than a spirited mini-fart in trying to stop the inevitable.
                  Well... this is something we both can agree on.. Boston have a huge task in from t of them to win the division. I dont think they have it in them to get it done.

only if A-Rod would have fallen in Boston.... how much difference 1 player makes....

Comment

Cubs having the best rotation .....please...did u forget about the Astros? Clemens, Pettite...ring a bell. Maddux is done. Astros have the best rotation in NL central. Cubs will need to get past them before talking about pennants
                    Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

well i guess it was only a matter of time that ASStros fans started dreaming.. because that is all they will do this season....

Kaleem.. Maddux is Done!!!... and I guess Clement is the rookie of the year... you guys are depending on a guy who has retired and will only be able to play home games... how pathetic!

Andy is good.. but that is one against 5 solid pitchers.... how can you even compare.!!!

by the way following is the poll being held at MLB.com for the best rotation... the result speaks for it self...

Who has the best starting rotation in baseball?
                      Angels
                      39 votes (1%)
                      Astros
                      214 votes (7%)
                      Athletics
                      183 votes (6%)
                      Cubs
                      2016 votes (63%)
                      Marlins
                      51 votes (2%)
                      Phillies
                      97 votes (3%)
                      Red Sox
                      431 votes (14%)
                      Yankees
                      150 votes (5%)

3181 people have voted so far Discuss this poll

Comment

Coolio, first of all get your facts straight, his name is Clemens. 2nd he will be playing all the games not just the home games. Maddux has always relied on control, for the last couple of season has been eroding. Who do you have besides Maddux and Prior.... Astros have Clemens, Pettite, Oswalt (do check his record so you know little bit about baseball), Wade Miller...thses are five solid starters....now lets focus on your pathetic lineup...anyone besides cork using Sosa? What was that? Nothing...that is what I thought. Now lets look at the potent line up of Astros.. Bagwell, Berkman, Hidalgo, Kent...anyone of them is capable of going yard and produce runs. Your last year fluke is over. Now ait another 20 or so years to reach the play offs.

Comment

Sorry, I just looked at your "very scientific poll data".... lets every on rely on the polls and award the WS to cubs.

Comment

Re: Time to play Ball.... !

Originally posted by CoolHeat:

Chicago Cubs:... The wait on Maddux is over.. with him joining the lineup I think cubs have the best starting rotation in the league... and no matter how strong the batting, it is still a pitchers game.. The do face a littly resistance from Astros in their division but with dusty baker at the core... this should not be any problem. Maybe this is the year for the north siders to finally break the curse....
                            CoolHeat - i think Cubs and Astros both have the best starting rotation in the league.

as for Yankees - big clubs get what they want! funny thing is Alex was about to sign with the Rangers for 7 year contract soon after the talks with Redsox collasped - in three weeks - he became the member of the Evil Empire.
                            If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone. Michael Corleone

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleem:
                              Coolio, first of all get your facts straight, his name is Clemens. 2nd he will be playing all the games not just the home games. Maddux has always relied on control, for the last couple of season has been eroding. Who do you have besides Maddux and Prior.... Astros have Clemens, Pettite, Oswalt (do check his record so you know little bit about baseball), Wade Miller...thses are five solid starters....now lets focus on your pathetic lineup...anyone besides cork using Sosa? What was that? Nothing...that is what I thought. Now lets look at the potent line up of Astros.. Bagwell, Berkman, Hidalgo, Kent...anyone of them is capable of going yard and produce runs. Your last year fluke is over. Now ait another 20 or so years to reach the play offs.
                              Something tells me I will have a lot of fun with you this year... cant wait to see ASStros getting their ass kicked...

and if you want to talk about batting lineup.. well I would recomend you check some stats for yourself before asking silly questions.. I am not here to teach you about baseball but rather discuss it... just for your info, Sosa was not even a major player when it came to last year "hoopla". Cory patterson is back and Derrek Lee is in the lineup as well.. Alou, Rameraz, and Gonzalez are all back.. so look over these guys and you migh be able to learn a think or two about how ASStros will get whipped in the Central..

Moving on to Pitching.. I guess you forgot Woods.. the pitcher with the most strikeouts last yeas ( prior coming second). Zimbrano and Clement finishing off a great lineup. go look at their last season avg. also..

Comment

Working...
                              X