Cricket All-Star 2004 weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket All-Star 2004 weekend

So if this was going to be held today what games and skill contests would you like to see and who'd you pick? (ignoring injuries/bans).

An AUS-WorldXI match would prolly go without saying, and no matter what anyone think/says about the ozzies, they really are miles ahead of any other team in world cricekt for a good time now. I'd like to have seen:

AUS: Hayden, Gilchrist, Ponting, Lehmann, Martyn, Bevan, Clarke, Lee, Warne, Gllespie, McGrath.

VS.

WXI: Gibbs, Tendulkar, Lara, Kallis, Youhana, Boucher, Pollock, Wasim, Shoaib, Bond, Muralitharan.

Probably another game featuring the Rising stars of today versus experienced veterans. something along the lines of:

Rising Stars: Sehwag, Yasir Hameed, Flintoff, Clarke, Yuvraj, Shoaib, Zaheer, Bracken, Sami, some rising spinner here.

VS.

Vets: Jayasuriya, Kirsten, Tendulkar, Lara, Kallis, S.Waugh, Moin, Wasim, Warne, Murali, Donald, McGarth.

Super Sixes: Jayasuriya, Afridi, Cairns, Ponting, Sehwag, A.Razzaq

Line and length Overs: McGrath, Umar Gul, -insert some others here-.

Stunning Catches: Ponting, Imran Nazir, Kaif, Upul Chandana, Harris.

Accurate throws: Azharuddin (yes, bring him back if ever an event like this would be held), Harris, Martyn, Chandana, Shoaib.

Speed Gun: That Akhtar guy, that Lee bloke. nuff said.

Trash talking: almost the entire aussie squad, half the south african and english ones. The Ind and Pak teams should compete in a hindi-urdu verbal marathon (ek doosray ke class lena).

Exchanging pleasantries: McGrath, Nel, Shoaib.

Let's go back on our word once again: yep, you guessed it.

more?

I propose two GS teams instead of five members each:

Angry young men: Ehsan, Faisal, Diablo, Phoenixdesi, Amir

Shafeeq Buzarg: Some1, Umair316, Jerablade, Sherrybabs, teaser

Diablo, how do you read this game, man? I expect a lot of trashtalking from the young men 11, but in the end the cool heads and solid skills of the Buzargs should prevail.

Please, place your bets with me via pm.

Alhaaj Samb.

Comment

Originally posted by sambrialian:
      I propose two GS teams instead of five members each:

Angry young men: Ehsan, Faisal, Diablo, Phoenixdesi, Amir

Shafeeq Buzarg: Some1, Umair316, Jerablade, Sherrybabs, teaser

Diablo, how do you read this game, man? I expect a lot of trashtalking from the young men 11, but in the end the cool heads and solid skills of the Buzargs should prevail.

Please, place your bets with me via pm.

Alhaaj Samb.
      :rotfl" :rotfl":rotfl"

Comment

sambs, I think the pitch is going to be the deciding factor in this game.

We have absolutely no game plan as of yet, as we left for a jet-skiing session after feigning injuries as soon as we got off the plane. I will study some tapes tonight (no, not of the opposition) after taking some recreational pharmecueticals which I swear my mommy gave me before I left.

I've paid some local kids to vandalize the buzarg's kits overnight and jeer them at their net session tomorrow morning. We know the shareef XI's friggin test match attitude and some of the boys are considering taking eXtra-bass megaphones (the GaaliMaster 300) along with us to make sure the buzarg's boorhay kaan hear our 'salams' and 'duas' when they come out to bat and between overs.

I shall place my wager after I consult my new best friend back at the hotel, Mr.Chawla, who I hear is some sort of weatherman or financial advisor. Or possibly both.

Comment

Well I heard from reliable sources (Nikema) that Samb is going to be the umpire, so there goes neutrality. In fact if he is the umpire I am not playing. He was seen in the Buzarg camp and rumour has it that he was holding a cheque in his hand. Hmmmmm!!!! the mind boggles.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan:
            Well I heard from reliable sources (Nikema) that Samb is going to be the umpire, so there goes neutrality. In fact if he is the umpire I am not playing. He was seen in the Buzarg camp and rumour has it that he was holding a cheque in his hand. Hmmmmm!!!! the mind boggles.
            ~*~Pakistan hamari jaan, sabse pehley Pakistan~*~

Comment

No SouthAfricans in the Stunning Catches section....

And Put Shoiab Akhtar in the World XI squad...in place of Shane Bond
              "The Baptism of God, and who can Baptize better than God?" (2:138)

Comment

ehsan bhai, this sambs character is turning out to be some sort of super-sharp lota. I've heard Don King does this kinda thang. Event promote kar ke donoun camp main pohanch jaana. He even approached me with a couple of George Washington's himself.

Sharaabi yaara, bottle satto ..fir vekho. Shoaib is in the WXI, how could he miss out. Putting the south africans in the catches would be unfair, the entire unit is miles ahead of the other countries. Woh trophy catch kar ke khud hi bhag jaata, stunning tareeqay se.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan:
                  Samb i am representing the interest of the AYM team, and i would like to warne you that some of the palyers of the SB team are under suspicions of higher level fixing, and are known for changing loyalty (i am getting banned somewhere for this...lol) (Just pun intented) and are being followed by some agencies, every check that u get can be used against you as proof.

Tumhara Khar Khuwaa.
                  Purana Paappi

Comment

Working...
                  X