No announcement yet.

1914: The Shaping of the Modern Muslim World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SID_NY To me, the whole implanted idea seems much like a conspiracy theory that came to existence post erodgen, we have similar stories in the subcontinent too. Mustafa Kemal is Lee of Singapore or Deng of China, no less.
    Even in Turkish History, he should be rated as high as Suleiman the magnificent.
    the indian troll

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      no i dont agree with that but we can talk about it more. Clearly he was brought there to cover the impact of ottomon empire and make sure it doesnt happen anytime soon.

Originally posted by the kaur View Post
    SID_NY To me, the whole implanted idea seems much like a conspiracy theory that came to existence post erodgen, we have similar stories in the subcontinent too. Mustafa Kemal is Lee of Singapore or Deng of China, no less.
    Even in Turkish History, he should be rated as high as Suleiman the magnificent.
    Except his version of secularism meant changing holy scripture to "adapt" to the modern world. No Muslim majority country would ever accept this level of secularism.

Also, comparing a secularist to a communist that is holding millions of a minority people against their will is a bit much, don't you think?

Lee Kuan Yew, on the other hand was a gentle leader that ruled with anything but the iron fist. He allowed religions of all forms to co-exist, creating in my opinion the most perfect "melting pot" if you will. I find it incredibly humbling to see a Hindu temple just down the streets from a church and a mosque, all existing in almost perfect harmony with each other. And it's because of this, I have always admired LKY and what he has achieved, especially considering the timespan in which he achieved it. Singapore is a modern marvel, unfortunately its seen as little more than an off-shore money launderers paradise due to their incorporation & banking secrecy laws.
    "Some people believe that necessity is the mother of Invention, but they're wrong, its War" - James May

Comment

Working...
    X