1914: The Shaping of the Modern Muslim World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914: The Shaping of the Modern Muslim World

After becoming aware of how and why Christians (mainly US ones) support Israel and their illegal state so much, learning about (muslim) history has become even more important.
    They are also waiting for the return of Jesus, and they believe this will happen after or during (not sure when) the full restoration of Israel and with Jerusalem as its capital, which includes rebuilding the temple.

Not gonna lie, seeing the third holiest place of worship for muslims so empty due to Corona, after seeing Makkah and Madina makes me so sad. Not to mention the arrival of the virus in Palestine, when they already suffer greatly due to zionist oppression, isn't positive news either.
    Anyhoo, I like history and loved Yasir Qadhi's lecture on events of the 20th century from a muslim perspective, which explains the chaos in Mid-East today and the sorry state of muslims in general.

Part 1
    Pyaar waliyan nu nayio vekh sakda zamaana..

The 2nd part is on the issue of Palestine and the illegal occupier Israel. It's a must-watch lecture too.

Comment

It is not for the first time Kaba is empty! It happened many times during last 1400 years!

No Hajj in 251 H

317H

655H

1814 AD

1858 AD

1864 AD

1892 AD

Comment

I know that. But it's still sad to see these places empty esp during turbulent times.

Comment

Well..i have listened to all of his lecture almost. This is among my fav.! He give you detailed historical explanations and how Zionist created Israel. Problem is..we are still divided into nationalism, ethnicity and sub-ethnicity.
          My idea is pretty far fetched..but I have a feeling that..slowly be surely..Muslims around the world are waking up to the reality...
          "Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
          Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
          By Royal Gala

Comment

Originally posted by Mostar95 View Post
            It is not for the first time Kaba is empty! It happened many times during last 1400 years!

No Hajj in 251 H

317H

655H

1814 AD

1858 AD

1864 AD

1892 AD
            Someone posted a pic from 1800s..

Attitude is more important than facts.
            "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by Xtron View Post
              Well..i have listened to all of his lecture almost. This is among my fav.! He give you detailed historical explanations and how Zionist created Israel. Problem is..we are still divided into nationalism, ethnicity and sub-ethnicity.
              My idea is pretty far fetched..but I have a feeling that..slowly be surely..Muslims around the world are waking up to the reality...
              What reality would that be? You think some sort of a revival of the ummah is a possibility?
              It's not just (ethnic) nationalism, we're divided in different sects and what not. Meanwhile so many muslim groups around the world are being oppressed.

Comment

Well M..think this from another perspective.. During 18th and early 19th century..there was renaissance of secularism being promoted in Ottoman and Islamic lands. Mainly..because..how Ottomans and Mughals started to be weakened due to stop evolving with worldly and religious knowledge.
                Scholars of those times except few were killed and ignorant ones were brought up and promoted the idea of secularism and nationalism.
                All this happened because we Muslims stopped learning and educating ourselves.And ignored our own Sunnah and Quran. And aside from knowledge of the deen..somewhere we forgot to educate and evolved ourselves in research, technology, architecture and medicine. Instead Muslims started to be in petty wars among themselves.
                I.e, think of fall of Spain for example. And then Ottomans came to power and bringing the glory back.

What i am saying is..the idea of secularism, nationalism just didn't show up at the door in the early 1900s ..but rather..it slowly creeped into the houses of Islamic lands. Most of the any culture or religious revolution..in my opinion starts with idea when we begin to ask ourselves good questions. As well as, when ya see right wings group among western countries and Muslim rulers as worst as tyrants then naturally people do begin to ask question that where did we go wrong?. So first thing we must do is to question ourselves and our beliefs. And that is what i see that we are beginning to understand and question ourselves..
                Knowledge is power!..

"Har Koi Deta Hai Zakham Gin Gin Kay ....
                Mein Kis Kis Zakham Ko Apna Naseeb Samjhoon"
                By Royal Gala

Comment

Well, they were also corrupt themselves (Turkish government). So the Arabs revolted.

And the rest is history.

The British also fought the Mughals. Who cares now.
                  The Russians also conquered the Muslim Central Asia.

Comment

Usually in Pakistan people used to listen to Dr. Israr Ahmed before he died.

Comment

Yes, the Turkish empire lost in the WW1, and the Allied powers led by the British decided to punish Turkey forever.

Then the Ataturk came and did save the country, but implemented the secularism.

Anyways bye and bye.

The rest is history.

Comment

I think the government in the Turkish empire government had become corrupt themselves in WW1.

bye bye

Comment

Working...
                        X