Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bindu - An Indian (Sanskrit) story to share ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bindu - An Indian (Sanskrit) story to share ...........

I recently found a story from India that was given to me by an acquaintance many years ago. I recently found it and thought I would share it with you all.

BINDU (The Dot..)

The man took a sheet of clean, white paper. “What do you see?” he asked the children. “A piece of paper,” they told him. He then took a pen and drew a small black dot on the paper. “Now, what do you see? he asked.

“A dot,” they all responded.

“A dot?” he asked, “why do you see the dot and not the rest of the paper?” Then he began to discuss how our daily living is like that. God gives us a clean sheet of paper with each new day but we will let some small thing ruin it for us. A small disagreement, a lost item, an unkind word, a disruptive phone call --- such trivialities become the dot we concentrate on rather than the rest of the paper.

You will encounter very few pieces of paper--or days--that don’t have at least one dot on them. Hang on to your perspective. Don’t let one small thing ruin your whole day, or very valuable relationships.

Note: Bindu means dot in Sanskrit.

What are you working on Raw's agenda?
    Who are you?
    Why do you always come up with these type of stories to promote the Hindism among Pakistanies?

------------------
    Promoting Islam and Pakistan positively won't insult your intelligence.

Comment

Saqib bhai!

Please try to see the paper not the Bindu..

Comment

Sarwar
        What a nice thought.
        Thanks for sharing

Comment

It is not mandatory in Islam to hate other religions. If there is any reference, would some scholarly sajjan care to point it out to me please. I am not much of a fan of Hinduism myself, but I do not hate the religion. In addition, let's also discover the constitution of Pakistan where it takes talking about other religions as a threat to the nation. This is also the message about relating a particular language to the survival of a nation as well.

It was a nice story Sarwar bhra. For our villager (Paindu) Punjabis like myself, Bindu is pronounced as bindi. It is same as the make up piece some fancy ladies wear on their foreheads.

Rab Rakha

Comment

There is alot of good advice in that story. Thanks sarwar!

Achtung

Comment

If one tries to adhere to this approach in marriage, I think we will have one successful marriage after another.

Nice one sarwar!

Comment

Thanks for sharing this with us sarwar. I found it most fascinating in the sense that the obvious is so often overlooked when focussing on detail.

However, pardon me, but there were one or two things that I found a little confusing. Did the dot and the white paper represent the life of the sender or the recipient? For example, if an unkind word was said to a certain person, then perhaps the best thing would be to ignore such a remark. However, if the dot represents the action of the person who insulted someone in the first place, then this person should concentrate over this dot, because it should not be such a trivial matter, as he has offended and hurt someone's feelings. Once he has pondered over his actions, he may even feel a sense of guilt and in turn try to rectify his mistakes by apologising to the individual he had insulted. However, if he brushes this aside thinking it's a small matter, then he may continue to engage in such 'bad mouthing'. And as a result he may become sinful of such actions, thus placing a black dot on his heart each time his sins (insults) accumulate, until that white piece of paper is no longer white, or rather, the heart has turned black.

Comment

Inspiring ......

Comment

Originally posted by durango:
                    Inspiring ......

You went digging for old threads to find this? Damn.

Comment

Very nice similiar to a story I was told as child it was called 'nukta', except in the version relayed to me the spot was a little bigger and the old man a little younger, and there were more children in the teaching scene.

Nonethless a stirling rendition of this Islamic masterpeice in reasoning and good advice.

Well done little man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasnain:
                        Thanks for sharing this with us sarwar. I found it most fascinating in the sense that the obvious is so often overlooked when focussing on detail.

However, pardon me, but there were one or two things that I found a little confusing. Did the dot and the white paper represent the life of the sender or the recipient? For example, if an unkind word was said to a certain person, then perhaps the best thing would be to ignore such a remark. However, if the dot represents the action of the person who insulted someone in the first place, then this person should concentrate over this dot, because it should not be such a trivial matter, as he has offended and hurt someone's feelings. Once he has pondered over his actions, he may even feel a sense of guilt and in turn try to rectify his mistakes by apologising to the individual he had insulted. However, if he brushes this aside thinking it's a small matter, then he may continue to engage in such 'bad mouthing'. And as a result he may become sinful of such actions, thus placing a black dot on his heart each time his sins (insults) accumulate, until that white piece of paper is no longer white, or rather, the heart has turned black.
                        Thats barely an insight. Its obvious that he means a small mishap/incident that may happen to us. Who would be silly enough to moralise thru a story which is telling you to not focus on a bad deed that you have committed yourself. Use some common sense pal. Everyone understood the point of the story and the significance of the dot. Why must people complicate things?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

Use some common sense pal. Everyone understood the point of the story and the significance of the dot. Why must people complicate things?!?!
                          I will tell you why FF. Brother Hasnain you see, cannot live with the fact that knowledge and logic predate islam. It simply burns him up that people were living thousands of years before the 7th century and had access to such realizations.

For him, everything begins and ends with Arabia. He has no "knowledge" that knowledge and wisdom is an evolving thing and civilizations are simply caretakers of such things. No one creates it and no one destroys it.

You will find similar tales in CHinese, Greek, and other great civilizations.

Comment

We got mostly references from the 'Geek' civilisation in here fella and it's the way folk like it around here.

Don't go coming in here with your fancy shmancy silk wearing Chinese invented gunpowder sh*t.

Suppose you're going to tell me the Italians had an civilisation too!

Comment

^

You are such a loser thap. With your rose colored D&G glasses. Oh yea..you know what I'm talkin 'bout.

Comment

Working...
                              X