Dessert dishes from different cultures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahool:10007499

burhiha kay baal...ate gola ganda many time but not from dhoraji....
    burhiya k baal before or after shampooing?
    Dil dil Pakistan

Comment

Re: Dessert dishes from different cultures

Originally posted by mahool View Post
      burhiha kay baal...ate gola ganda many time but not from dhoraji....
      google confirms it

https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=b...w=1440&bih=762

Now I want to know, how it is referred in Punjab?
      We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Microbian View Post
        burhiya k baal before or after shampooing?

Comment

Thanks to budhiya ke baal, we can taank jhaank in KKF ka bachpan

50 things that will take you back to your Childhood days
          We should care for each other more than we care for ideas, or else we will end up killing each other.

Comment

we used to eat ice-lolly (yes it was called ice-lolly ) in school for 1 rs
            Dil dil Pakistan

Comment

Comment

Kulfi
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Pista+3+kulfi++3+067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	14994884

Comment

Originally posted by Microbian View Post
                  we used to eat ice-lolly (yes it was called ice-lolly ) in school for 1 rs
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	ice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	14994885

These ones? ghareeb log

When I went hometown for final examination preparation, my ammi used to buy me these

Comment

Originally posted by muqawwee123:10007515

These ones? ghareeb log

When I went hometown for final examination preparation, my ammi used to buy me these
                    yes yehi wali
                    Dil dil Pakistan

Comment

The 102 years old Bombay Bakery in Hyderabad, Sindh is quite an institution in Sindh I believe. Its coffee cake in particular is legendary and while it may not be 'native' to the land per se, the cake and the bakery itself fully deserve to be recognized and celebrated as part of modern day Sindhi food culture!

Here is a pic of the Bombay Bakery:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I should mention here two traditional sweets that my grandmother used to make. One was "Kulcha." Kulcha is better known as a fluffy savory bread but the one I'm referring to here is a baked cookie with sesame seeds and saffron infused syrup that'd give the cookies their distinctive orange hue.

There was also "Shakkarparay." It's a doughnuty kind of fried dough, albeit with a crunch, that would be immersed in a sugar syrup and then cooled. It was quite a treat too.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." US Declaration of Independence.

Comment

Originally posted by goodname View Post
                        This is what we call Tosha in Sindh

Comment

Originally posted by muqawwee123 View Post
                          This is what we call Tosha in Sindh
                          Are these deep fried by any chance? We have something quite similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezhgan View Post
                            Are the deep fried by any chance? We have something quite similar.
                            yes. then dipped in sugar syrup which is allowed to crystallize on it's surface. it's like dried icing on thick namakpaara.
                            Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
                            16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

Comment

Originally posted by goodname View Post
                              The 102 years old Bombay Bakery in Hyderabad, Sindh is quite an institution in Sindh I believe. Its coffee cake in particular is legendary and while it may not be 'native' to the land per se, the cake and the bakery itself fully deserve to be recognized and celebrated as part of modern day Sindhi food culture!

Here is a pic of the Bombay Bakery:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I should mention here two traditional sweets that my grandmother used to make. One was "Kulcha." Kulcha is better known as a fluffy savory bread but the one I'm referring to here is a baked cookie with sesame seeds and saffron infused syrup that'd give the cookies their distinctive orange hue.

There was also "Shakkarparay." It's a doughnuty kind of fried dough, albeit with a crunch, that would be immersed in a sugar syrup and then cooled. It was quite a treat too.

My mom made these more often kulcha and shakar paray, yummm.
                              WE NEED BLESSINGS OF ALLAH.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
                                yes. then dipped in sugar syrup which is allowed to crystallize on it's surface. it's like dried icing on thick namakpaara.
                                Interesting. There is South African dessert that is almost exactly like this. They're called koeksisters. The only difference is that koeksisters are braided into plaits.

Koeksisters:

Comment

Working...
                                X